[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So basally our entire lives boils down to reproduction and status?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1427584492050.jpg (87 KB, 850x637) Image search: [Google]
1427584492050.jpg
87 KB, 850x637
So basally our entire lives boils down to reproduction and status?
>>
>>25946910
This picture always gets me because this was literally me last year.

I now have a car and work in construction but it's a sad reminder.
>>
>>25946910
How'd you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>25946910
Not really. It's up to each person to define what his life comes down to. I mean there are older couples people who can no longer reproduce and don't have much in the way of status that still hook up and get together.
>>
>>25946910
No
It boils down to whatever the fuck you want it too
If it's pizza and vidya, pussy and drugs, music and dissociatives, it's all up to you
>>
>>25946910
It boils down to whatever you fucking think it will. You want to rate your life by status then great you're fucked. You want to rate your life by how many girls you have sex with then you're also fucked. Rate it by something you can win and for a split second you might feel good about yourself, like rate life by how many replies this thread gets. Then feel happy for a moment before realising no one else will ever rate life like that.
>>
File: 1452862150241.png (295 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1452862150241.png
295 KB, 600x600
FUCK THIS RIDE I WANT TO GET OFF
MCDONALDS IS LITERALLY HELL KILL ME BROBOTS HELP ME.
>>
>>25946982
If you study society long enough everything is a physical and metaphorical representation of our basic needs to reproduce and gain power or status. Since we are social, tribal animals the same can be seen in whole groups of people.
>>
>>25947182
You hit it on the nail there
>it's a need
Always will be and this influences us as a person and the choices we make whether we realize it or not, doesn't mean it's the point of life tho.

I may need to eat everyday and make choices based on this but my life sure doesn't boil down to food and water.
>>
>>25946951
>having a car

how is that a positive? cars are really expensive and can take a large chunk out of your income.
>>
>>25947446
It's worth it if you make $1500+ a month
>>
>>25947446
Having a car opens up a shit ton of opportunities in life especially if you have money.
>>
>>25946951
>I now have a car and work in construction but it's a sad reminder.
Eventually the feels will come back.

it never feels like its enough, no matter how much you make or your status, its never good enough.

>>25947446
Cars save you time.
Work no longer is 2 buses and 60 minutes away, but a 15 minute drive.
Now you can look for work further away from your home potentially earning you more money
>>
>>25947446
Because it greatly increases the amount of distance you can cover in a given time and is a huge quality of life upgrade from having to wait at bus stops in the rain or cold and ride a bus with strange people. Are you mentally challenged or just acting stupid? No adult should have this much trouble going over obvious pros and cons in their head.
>>
>>25947536
>Eventually the feels will come back.
I hope to god the feeling of sitting on a bus in full mcdonalds attire never comes back.
>>
Living downtown in a city the size of Philadelphia with no car is better than any car based life. So much less hassle. Bike or subways.
>>
>>25946910
Realized that when 15, every year i live since that moment is a defeat and a ratification of my cowardice
>>
>>25946910
Only for normies

My life is about music and pleasure and higher purpose
Thats how i measure my success
>>
File: 1432185707679.png (218 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1432185707679.png
218 KB, 600x579
>>25947182
i think the trick is to not look at society. because its an ugly machine, always will be..

but you try to just focus on yourself and what you like.. be it music, or a certain type of food, maybe trying that new cafe tomorrow, maybe doodling sketches or having a real conversation with a friend or whatever.. but each person has small, simple, do-able things that make them tick, even just taking a hot bath for me is really nice.. but if you focus on society at large its always bullshit and reduces people down to status and sex like you said. but you don't need either to be happy if your 'focus' is right.

i think if you want a nicer life you gotta implement strategies to focus on that small cosy world you invent for yourself, and not the big ugly one outside
>>
>>25947547
they just seem like a societal burden to me.
>>
>>25948111
tmTheyre also dangerous too. Dumb normie humans driving cars who drink and text while driving cause so many deaths.

It would be a good idea to create self driving efficient cars and remove humans from the equation.
>>
>>25946910
That's what the stormfags would have you beleive.

Of course, the reality is, that anyone who chooses a 9 to 5 job, or a family, will die alone, forgotten, not remember.

Strive for better things. Like world domination.
>>
>>25946910
Pretty much yes.

It's easier if you're a girl because you can breeze though life on your looks as long as you're even moderately attractive. I know of like three girls I went to high school with that got fake boobs not long after they graduated and 2/3 of them are married to rich and successful people now.

Fuck this gay earth.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.