[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /alcoholism/ here? come home robotman. what are you drinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6
File: 6350228615_27201970ab.jpg (17 KB, 300x293) Image search: [Google]
6350228615_27201970ab.jpg
17 KB, 300x293
who /alcoholism/ here? come home robotman.
what are you drinking and what are you drinking to?

come in and keep me company as my writing worsens over the course of the next few hours
>>
bumping for overcoming solitude with harmful habits
>>
File: 20151214_175437.jpg (282 KB, 929x1239) Image search: [Google]
20151214_175437.jpg
282 KB, 929x1239
Try to go through only one bottle per week. Money was a bit scarce this January. hoping to resume the life soon.
>>
>>25939676
Been all out of booze for days now. Make the suffering stop. Please.
>>
>>25939894
good idea, i'm down to cheap beer and rationing myself. as long as i pace myself i can keep a buzz throughout the whole day.

>>25939953
wait until payday. it'll be fine man.

i'm so fucking lonely man.
>>
>>25940230
>payday
>implying

Guess it's off to Vons to throw bottles down my pants like a negro again.
>>
>>25939894
>>25939953

you're not alcoholics
>>
>>25940397
Did you just do the alcoholic equivalent of "check your privilege"? What a cunt you are. No wonder you need to drink.
>>
Half my bed is empty wine bottles... it started off as laziness but I think it's become an artistic statement at this point.
>>
>>25940446
>it started off as laziness but I think it's become an artistic statement at this point
That's how I describe my life to keep from jumping in front of semi-trucks.
>>
>>25940446
that's the spirit

>>25940363
cheers i thought it was just me stealing for the feeling at this point

>>25940397
there's no judging in this thread if you wanna be hardcore join AA you fucking fag
>>
>>25940495
Thin plastic 750ml bottles of vodka on the waistband were my attempts at a happy childhood. Seems like I'll have to revisit memory lane with a hoodie and baggy jeans tonight.
>>
>>25940566
i just wear a huge coat and put in 8-10 half pint cans into my pockets

if i'm stealing bottles i steal three or four. since you can get in trouble for just one i might as well go big. it's been four years and haven't been caught once, everyone else is stupid but me
>>
Drinking popov, 9am here. Found a bottle of tequila in my old car this morning so I have that for later. Ironically listening to lou reed's underneath a bottle. Thinking about suicide or sobriety at this point.
>>
>>25940602
I'm waiting for the day that I end up on the nightly news.
>Here at ABC 7 local news we'd like to help our local grocery retailers prevent future shoplifters by identifying this man.
>If anyone knows who this anon captured on the store's closed caption security system is please contact the local sheriff's department with your anonymous tip.

Hah, jokes on them. No one around here knows me.
>>
>>25940687
don't jinx it man, that and getting cocky is how we get caught.

man i've been living in the same hole for the last 4 years since the money ran out. i've got a glorious 8 square meters to myself and everything i can steal to feed off of.

no friends no future no one to stop me
>>
>>25940819
>no one to stop me
That's what you think until you catch two taser prongs in the buttcheeks.
>>
>>25939676
Started to take anxiolytics and antidepressants this week, so i must stay sober.

JUST
>>
>>25940941
Well... don't do that.
>>
>>25940941
go full self-destructive and do a mega cocktail and watch your brain explode

it's almost fun, almost i said
>>
cheap red and reefer, if only I got money for better red or some proper scotch

>classy
>no
>>
>>25939676
not alcoholic but about to start drinking my weekly bottle
>>
I'm getting /destroyed/ tonight.

Who with me?
>>
>>25941040
who gives a fuck about being classy

>>25941047
ayy one of us anyways if you're drinking to feel better you're drinking to me
>>
I'm like an early stage alkie or whatever.

I can make it until night without issues, and if I'm out and about it doesn't bother me, but if I'm sitting at home doing nothing past 9PM or so I can't help but start drinking. I'm not sure if it's alcohol addiction or if I'm just using it as a crutch to kill the pain. I was sick a few weeks ago and couldn't drink because of the meds, and did fine for a week without booze, so who knows.

Tonight, though, I've had like 5 strong, large cocktails, and have been drunk for the last 12 hours.
>>
File: 1451664322126s.jpg (13 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1451664322126s.jpg
13 KB, 250x250
I had a few beers today and now I got
over a gallon of 5% German beer on tap. Gonna stay up all night. Finished a quarter and I'm already sleepy as fuck. Have to get coffee or else I'm drifting away.
Doing this everyday BTW.
>>
>>25941138
with enough practice you'll be a real alkie and your liver will be strong enough to take on ISIS on it's own m8

>>25941546
supplies are rapidly running low on my end but we'll make it work
>>
What do you guys like to watch while drunk?
>>
File: 20160122_203051.jpg (969 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
20160122_203051.jpg
969 KB, 1836x3264
Reporting in.

Nothing like spending Friday night with two of my best of friends - alcohol and cigarettes.
Everything and everyone has its price, and at least for today, I am willing to pay the price of my vices.

And once again to drink to all my dreams, be it wasted or the ones I am yet to dream, with the dim hope that somehow my passion shall reignite in my dead and soulless eyes.

Cheers lads

pic related.
>>
>>25941806
Fuck, forgot the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOGIkNLmZRc
>>
>>25941806
>>25941842
theme song for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGu697BMss
(get it, the light is booze)

>>25941768
i go on omegle and literally be nice to people and hear out their problems and talk to them and indulge them on their interests.

either that or i dance by myself
>>
>>25941806
>And once again to drink to all my dreams, be it wasted or the ones I am yet to dream, with the dim hope that somehow my passion shall reignite in my dead and soulless eyes.

for some reason when i drink enough they all seem readily at hand
>>
I have a question. what does it mean if I sometimes feel thirsty for alcohol or want to get drunk?

I haven't touched any alcohol in years and never drank much at all, except for one time where I got so wasted I had to barf all over the floor but that was at least 5 years ago.
>>
>>25939676
I just realised I could down two mugs of wine (yes i drink from a mug) and not even feel the buzz.

I remember when in january I had promised myself to stay dry for a month. Lasted three days.
>>
>>25941921
Ayy, I used to listen to Velvet Underground hard, but after quite some time it just started to get on my nerves, but cheers m8, a great choice of tune.

>>25941768
I just type sunset, sunrise or a fireplace in youtube and give myself to my thoughts while listening to music if I am in the mood to watch anything.

Unless I drink beer and eat snacks, then I try to find a quality action adventure or a romantic comedy film
>>
>>25941965
it means your body still craves it, at least psychologically. at weak points you want to go back to what was most comfortable. i get this with cocaine. i used to do it a ton years ago but now i've stopped, but whenever i originally did comes up i feel it again.

lay off.
also who am i kidding i'm doing rails by myself tonight i just need to feel good again.

>>25942017
you're a real prince with your video picks m8

>>25941973
that means it's either time to up the ante or that you're a champ no one can take down. either way, you're in charge my friend. go get em.
>>
>>25941956
I used to have it too brother, but after quite some time while I was drinking the cheapest kind of gin one day it ended, the passion the fire that used to dance in my mind ended, perhaps it was because I lost the last of my remaining faith in myself I cannot tell. It helps to soothe the anger for me, to put some water on the flame, be it anger for the world or myself.

But sometimes, sometimes the fire burns a little, a sort of an ember that remains, today too I shall promise myself of change, and maybe with a true hope I will fall asleep, and maybe tomorrow will be different, and maybe we will all change and strive to be what we are supposed to be.
>>
>>25940363
>Vons

Sup fellow SoCalfag, which is your Vons of choice? I like the Toluca Lake one, that place is a ghost town past midnight.
>>
>>25942124
Hm, I think I'll see if I manage with no alcohol around the house. Sure, there is some paki guy in a night shop not far but I am counting on my laziness.
>>
File: 1423291248457.jpg (63 KB, 343x350) Image search: [Google]
1423291248457.jpg
63 KB, 343x350
>>25942124
>you're a real prince with your video picks m8
I never asked to be pretentious patrician faggot, I was born one :^)
>>
>>25942124
>lay off.

as I said, I'm not even a drinker since it's been years and I used to drink irregularly and only rarely anyway. but I read that jogging makes you feel like wanting to drink alcohol. it's about some chemical in the brain that has a similar effect to being drunk and craving it. so maybe it's from that. it's just been a long time since running for me though.
>>
>>25940955
I can't give up on my prescribtion. This shit actually kind of helps (at least right now).

>>25940980
Nah. I'm pretty depressed but don't feel like dying yet.
>>
>>25942324
i meant it as just the simplest advice.

like i'd like someone to give me with coke. seriously someone tell me to stop before i throw my life into it.

>>25942228
your spelling's too good m8 i'm detecting a lack of alcohol intake here
>>
>>25942390
>i meant it as just the simplest advice.

oh, alright then.
>>
>>25942384
no one said anything about dying.

but you want a hobby to fill your time for two or three months? (assuming you're a neet or basically one ie shit employment?)

go for self-destruct. there's no home project like yourself.
>>
i was a former alcoholic, now i don't drink. still do heroin though, lol. somehow i can control the heroin but not the alcohol.
>>
>>25942390
Fuck mane, even by my eastern european standards I'm spelling like a fucking pro, you are right, must make my region proud.

Also, where I'm at, it's past 9, and I just remembered that I must listen to this song, and it's almost saturday at that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEPV4kolz0
>>
>>25942483
i see your billy joel and raise you a johnny cash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUg-FpnweRM

also yeah for being french i'm not too bad at english. i've been drinking since 2pm and no one's going to stop me.

wish you were all here to do a rail with me. i'm tired of snorting by myself.
>>
>>25942545
>tfw been months till I last gave up speed as it's way too hard to get

I would buy a turtleneck and do some lines just 4u my frogbro. Here's a song about drug addicted whore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFU_bd7EdpE
>>
A bump from a man who is quasi-drunk and quasi-hopeful, a song at that too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLazPauA1c
>>
>>25939676

Hope you're doing ok there, OP.

I'm going to crack open a bottle of scotch.

Usually I just like to listen to instrumental music and let it all wash over me. I can just let everything fade away. It's not really happiness; but all the swirling, nebulous anxieties in my brain evaporate. All the shame, all the guilt, the rage ... I'm just at peace for a few hours. Sometimes I get lost in a film, so I might watch 'Heat' later.

Regarding some music suggestions, I tend to stick with either classical or mellow film soundtracks. Nothing too aggressive - something reflective and contemplative. Sometimes those zen/yoga/meditation compositions are good too. They are, after all, designed for peace.

I figure I'll share my all time favourite classical piece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQsgE0L450
>>
>>25943053
>>25942706
i have to say we're building quite the playlist here. i might save it for posteriority.

>>25943077
I'm doing all right. i get what you mean though. I feel anger most of the time, and entirely at myself. i'm frustrated with everything i do and i can't get over how this turns into me being completely alone for months at a time. alcohol lets me related to others in an immediate, almost desperate way. whether they come to me through a thread or a song, i suddenly don't feel so damned sad all the time.

i know samuel barber from beforehand, very briefly. i respect his work enough to save this new composition you posted until i'm a bit more sober. i really appreciate you posting it though, it makes me feel less lonely.

>>25943053
cheers to you, we're all on the same boat on this thread.

everyone tell me what's got you locked in here with me tonight, i'm with you my brothers.
>>
>>25943195
>tfw shitposting all day and no one replied, started to get pissed, got more (you)s that I wanted with my variety of songs and with many posts in this thread
Posting random songs never felt so good lad, never, this drink I am having it is to you. Here's some music on the happy side of my bumpity bumb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsLyI1_R01M

Also, soon I am to hit the part of the bottle when I am in a great interest to hear a persons story (as we all have a story to tell, and a one to share). But rarely do people tell me one, but still it's the must fun in thread I had in quite some time, and there is more than a half of a bottle left, so let us get rolling brother.

>>25943077
>tfw long lost the ability to watch a film while heavily drunk, unless it's beer and the film is light in tome
I remember watching "Chinatown" white drinking whiskey, the experience was a bliss, but that was some months ago and I can never bring myself to see a film that has a heavier tone, fuck I can hardly watch a film while sober.

Also, here's some Holst m8, might not be as gloomy but still, cheers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwNwG1V2KF8
>>
>>25942458
I'm in uni famlam. Closed to dropping out but i hope i'll be able to cling back thanks to happy pills.
>>
>>25943514
hopefully you will. i had myself a dose of happy pills and dropped out anyway. it turned out to be the right decision but then again, my current state wouldn't suggest it.

uni's the time of your life to take a weekend off the dark side every so often though. just for fuck's sake ignore me.
>>
>>25941075
amen brother, haven't drank since new years so itll be fun
>>
>>25943514
>tfw abandoned my studies (at year 4 at that) due to drinking heavily, later due to smoking heavily (quit on it) and now once again because I am drinking heavily

Went to a shrink, got myself prescribed some antidepressants (though I presume this depression of mine is because I'm a fucking degenerate addict of substances) got 8 months off studies.

BUT TOMORROW LADDIE, THINGS WILL CHANGE, I WILL GET A GRIP, THIS LIFE IS TURNING AROUND, I SWEAR.
>>
>>25943195
I'm >>25943077

>everyone tell me what's got you locked in here with me tonight, i'm with you my brothers.

Erm, my life's just gone downhill over the last couple of years. Nothing really has changed, I've just sort of 'faded away' or 'lost interest'. I don't know how to describe it. I've always been quite a negative, cynical chap, but I don't ever recall feeling quite so universally jaded.

For me, the drink is an escape. It's peace from the maelstrom of my life. I can tell you the story of my life if you want, but it's nothing special. Just another wayward man adrift in an uncaring world.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIJkZyAj3h0
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jid_Oe8OLzE let's get some /feels/ up in this bitch

>>25943733
I'm some other guy in this thread, brother (who's been calling everyone brother), but I know your feels as much as the other man who is perhaps not lost, but more of a man who has not really ventured anywhere. When days turn into weeks and weeks into months and at least for me, months are starting to turn into years. There's this poem by R. Frost "The road not taken", for me at least, it is that I never actually took a road, more like stood there, waiting for a road to take me, and waited, waited for a long time, but it never came.

And so I was left there standing, desolate, alone, hopeless, with the same words every day that I tell to myself before I go to sleep, when sleep is the only thing that relieves me from myself, that I will change, and I hope for all of us, all of us who are lost perhaps not in this world, but within ourselves that we will change. That we will become everything that we someday past hoped to be. This hope never leaves me, as I drown myself in another bottle, a hope that we will someday find our soul again and we will feel the light, the sun, the roses and maybe, just maybe, we will be happy.

Strength my brother, and hold on, for the sunset, sunset is not yet upon us.

>>25943777
A lovely peace with quite the check em lucky trips.
>>
>Implying I will not bump this thread while my bottle of bushmills is not finished

Thins thread shan't be pushed into oblivion, bump. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINikRHQy9s
>>
I am yet to abandon this thread

/feels/ returning back to the stage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSiXAA8ewLg
>>
>>25940397
Fucking this

>I drink a bottle of scotch a week
>Oh no I havent had a drink in a few days
>I'm such an alcoholic

Its like tumblr saying they have severe anxiety and ptsd
>>
>>25940426
>>25944980

>Durr, your alcoholism isn't bad enough

They are clearly alcoholics, I drink less and I am literally a diagnosed alcoholic.
>>
Bros, I am just about out of booze. This is truly the worst feel that one can feel. God help me, I can't endure sobriety anymore. I truly, truly, love you all.
>>
>>25944980
I think it's more of a "who's getting drunk today" rather than "who's an actual alcoholic" thread.

On that note
I haven't had a drink in two days, also haven't smoked a cigarette in two days.

All I could muster, most I've been sober for at least a month is a day.

Tomorrow I'm quitting on it all I swear on it lad.
>>
Used to be on a bottle of gin a day slowly cut down through last year and at the moment i'm three weeks sober.

Don't miss being drunk 100% of the time, just miss being able to get smashed occasionally without having to worry about getting back into a rythm
>>
>>25945065
(forgot to write that I am smoking and getting pissed today if that is not clear, I'm half drunk and I am doubting in what I write)
>>
ok i got a question for all my daily drinkers?
1. How do you drink everyday without feeling like shit the next day or getting sick over time?
2. Why dont you smoke weed or do something safer?
3. arent you worried about liver disease or jaundice?

i used to drink but stopped because i started working out, it was the greatest decision i ever made, skin looks healthier and i dont depend on it anymore to get through the simplest social situations
>>
>>25945616
1. Get used to it, or stop buying the cheapest shit, I've used to drink cheapest of gins and it gave me the worst of headaches, but it passes after few hours.

2. I've smoked weed for almost a years straight, and I can say you that weed killed my intelligence far quicker than alcohol.

3. What am I 35 to worry about that (I'm 22), I'm pretty sure you can be an alcoholic for at least twenty years before worrying about this kind of shit.
>>
Hahaha fuck you bumb
>>
File: keystone.jpg (88 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
keystone.jpg
88 KB, 640x480
>>25945616
1. I wake up around 5am after heavy drinking and suffer a 1 hour hangover. I take .5 xanax and smoke a bowl during this hour. I eventually fall back asleep and wake up around 10am feeling 100%.

2. I need to do both to feel normal. The vices just pile up.

3. I have been drinking heavy for years and had fine blood tests UNTIL this year. It turns out SSRIs and booze combo are no bueno. I stopped taking the SSRI because obviously I was still depressed enough to heavily drink while on them. I recently switched to a healthier food diet and only drink water aside from alc. I also recently started taking Milk Thistle for liver support. Will re-do blood test in 3 months and stop drinking if results are still bad.
>>
Staying fucking alive motherfuckers
>>
Alas I am too young to drink, I'm thinking of going to a Canadian province where the age limit is younger and getting booze there, I live in Ontario so I can just via rail to Quebec or something. Would that plan actually work guys?
>>
I'm 2 days sober friends. I had night sweats last night and hardly slept. I have to do this, it's for the best. I probably won't stay in this thread because it will make me want to go get booze. Have fun robots.
>>
I drink about 8 beers a night. But its the weekend so i picked up a 24 of molson canadian.
>>
>>25939676
Drinking Old Captain because it's cheap. Tasted horrible but fuck it.
>>
>>25939676
I have been a virgin alcoholic for over a decade. my liver is failing, I told my doctor I am a virgin and she laughed and said, well you fucked up. It's over.
>>
Browsing 4chan is at least more fun when drunk. But that sounds pretty Reddit I guess, fuck Reddit. And fuck you.
>>
>>25949544
It also allows for full speed shitposting.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.