[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people who don't think marketing and business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 600x579
>there are people who don't think marketing and business isn't stem

I've probs taken as much math as a math major.

I've taken Calc 1 and 2. Two semesters of accounting. One semester of statistics. One semester of Finance. One semester of Operation Supply Chain Management which uses calc. Two semesters of Marketing Research which involves statistics. One semester of Quantitative Marketing.

What makes you think I'm not a math major?
>>
Oh yeah; and I've taken Chemistry which had math and also three semesters worth of economics which again has math.
>>
Kek. I'm a marketing major. Taken research, accounting, finance, three years of economics, two years of stats, and calculus.

But desu senpai it's not STEM
>>
>>25938600

>don't
>isn't

Pick one
>>
>>25938600
Because you don't have a degree in mathematics lmao
>>
>>25938638
Thats the very definition of a math heavy course. You're retarded if you think marketing isn't math.
>>
>>25938645
fuck you english major
i bet you cant english your way out of your starbucks job
>>
>>25938658
I take tons of math courses, but marketing is not a stem major. It has stem elements, but I also take selling courses, consumer behavior, marketing management, and other courses that are more of an art than a science
>>
Most math majors have taken Calc I and II in high school.

Your mind would explode if you took an actual math course like real analysis or even a higher-level applied course like partial differential equations.
>>
>>25938685
Thats dumb as fuck. You're saying its math plus other shit. That doesn't change the fact that its a heavy math major.

>>25938719
Engineers dont take every math course and yet they are considered Stem.
>>
>>25938774
They finish the Calc sequence (you should have finished in fucking high school) finish two semesters of both Linear and Diffs, take Partial Diffs, usually take Analysis, take numerical methods, and maybe some higher math as electives, and a ton of programming classes to boot. They also go through the physics sequence, so there's that, too.
>>
>>25938600
nice bait, you might trigger some people from /sci/

Protip: anything before and including ordinary differential equations is baby math that was literally offered at my high school

Fucking americans
>>
>>25938839
And yet they don't take advance economics or advance finance which is just as difficult and yet there still considered stem.

This isnt a pissing match between my math class is harder you fucking autist; this is just the simple fact that I take a shit ton of math and yet you think my major is a fucking arts which is a joke imo.

ps fuck off you cunt.
>>
>>25938865
>applied calc classes
>hard
Lmao

And you guys don't take literally any circuits, thermodynamics, mathematical methods, solid state physics, physical chemistry, any mechanics, optics, electromagnetism (pretty much any engineering class past partial diffs) which blows those classes out of the water

first year physics is harder than any of those

why are you even arguing about this
>>
>>25938865
>"""""advanced"""""" econ
Yeah it's still arts.
>>
>>25938973
have you ever taken a econ course? its heavy with math. i take it you've never taken a econ course because all we did was math.

>>25938958
>my major is harder thus its stem

by your reasoning only rocket science is stem
>>
File: image.png (90 KB, 780x734) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90 KB, 780x734
>all these wagecucks getting triggered
>>
>>25938988
what math do you use in that class
>>
>>25939001
Stats, calc, matrix, mathematical programming and differential equations.
>>
File: 34534521.jpg (5 KB, 178x203) Image search: [Google]
34534521.jpg
5 KB, 178x203
>mfw non-stem cucks literally paid to work in mcdonalds/starbucks

feels good to be doing medicine
>>
>>25939019
This is what year?

That's 1st semester engineering here
>>
>>25939019
Is differential equations a prereq? Because I have a friend doing econ at UCLA and he stopped math at Calc 2, so I think you're full of shit
>>
>>25939038
these are the intermediate econ courses.

after that you do analysis in econ.
>>
>>25938600
The calculus you do is just applications of differentiation and integration, probably usually in the format of an optimization problem. I'm in my first year of an actuarial maths degree and the differentiation I do consists of more abstract proofs using the definitions of continuity, differentiability, limits, etc. That's the difference between your major and a math major.
>>
>>25939058
Yes advance econ will use differential equations. Its not a pre-req but you're expected to understand it as the problems in advance econ will use it.

And UCLA isnt a good school anyway so your friend is a retard.
>>
File: 1417934804938.jpg (27 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
1417934804938.jpg
27 KB, 512x368
No real analysis, number theory, linear algebra, optimization and programming, differential equations, complex analysis, and group theory.

I've taken these course plus most of what you mentioned as part of my finance minor.

You are not a math major. Try again.
>>
>>25939086
I still use math and unlike you I'll actually have a job doing math since I do applied math and not theoretical ivy tower math.
>>
>>25939116
All those I did in Econ and my marketing quan class. What are you talking about.
>>
>>25939023
lol enjoy your massive crippling student loan debt, idiot
>>
>>25939155
>lol enjoy your massive crippling student loan debt, idiot
US of A everyone
>>
>>25939023
>There are white people still going into medicine

Enjoy having your pay decrease once health care bill is passed and Poo In Loo takes over your job.
>>
>>25939118
My degree is literally preparing me specifically to be an actuary. In my later years I'll be undergoing paid work placement and I'll be studying work-relevant concepts such as actuarial models and time series, etc. It's very probable I'll be working in insurance or trading assuming I graduate. I wasn't having an attack at you, I was just outlining the difference between majoring in math and taking a couple of math courses.
>>
Business school is just a hive of shallow normies. And Chinese exchange students.
>>
The fact that you only have two real math classes, both of which I took in high school?
>>
File: 1397520523295.jpg (133 KB, 638x960) Image search: [Google]
1397520523295.jpg
133 KB, 638x960
>>25938600
Marketing and business are just poor economics anon,

And economics is a HUMAN SCIENCE, you only use numbers and axioms to help with things, they are just a tool, not a main thing.

t. economics student
>>
>>25939189
You're stupid as fuck. Every other class I listed is math heavy. Just because it doesn't have "Math for dipshits 101" as the title doesnt mean it isn't math.

Finance, marketing, stats, chem, and econ all are math heavy.
>>
>>25939194
What the fuck are you on about.

If you don't use math as a tool then why the fuck you using it? You think Microshit wants you fucking around inputing numbers for shits and giggles? No they want some god damn output and get some results from it.
>>
>>25939226
"real" math classes

you're certainly not an english major

also, psych majors take statistics. the fact that you think those are math classes is just proof you're not a math major
>>
>>25939139
What school? I'll look at the catalog and sequences.
>>
>>25938988
I took and econ class as part of my second year of eng, it was a joke course
>>
>>25939290
I'm talking advance econ; not the intro course where all they do is talk about econ.

Take a advance one and you'll soon learn its not such a joke.

>>25939267
they take the dumb down stats courses; i took the advance form and used it in many of my other classes to an advance level. again your as dumb as i suspect.
>>
>>25939316
Nigga you take the dumbed down stats courses

your entire major is dumb af classes for dumb af people

your hardest classes, I took them in high school

>your as dumb
nice one, faggot
God, you're stupid
>>
>>25939194
Dumbass economics, people like that playing off as intellectual are one of the many reasons this world is a pile of shit. Fucking nerds. Acting clever as they fuck everything up, ruining the world and trying to look like they're actually doing something good.
>>
>>25939333
You're fucking stupid if you think that. Stats is essential for marketers. Mean ffs we're like the only ones who use it besides finance and econ majors. An entire sector in marketing which is research is dedicated to stats. You think they really going to teach a dipshit version stats when its essential to our major?

tldr fucking kill urself dumbass
>>
>>25939262
You need to improve your reading anon, i stated exactly that math is just a tool.

Simply a thing to help visualization with graphs and formulas.
You could just as well say everything in economics using words instead of math, but would take more time.

>>25939339
Care to elaborate, nigger? Seems like you know nothing about economics and are blaming all economists by the mistake of keynesians and marxist retards.
Yes, there are school with different types of method and understanding economy, the majority of them are wrong thought, only the austrians are correct.
>>
>>25939363
Dude, you think Marketing Research is a math class. Come at me with number theory, set theory, anything.

You are so far from being a math major, you can't even conceive of the sorts of classes actual math majors take.
>>
>>25938600
Math major here. You've taken nothing.
>>
>>25938600
>can't stand math
>want to major in business and/or marketing
>see this shit
Welp, I'm out of major choices
>>
I'm doing engineering and all of my professors love to make fun of the business college. The popular saying on campus is if you can't do engineering then do business.
>>
>>25939379
I've taken all those with my quan marketing and econ classes you mong.
>>
>>25939139
I'm genuinely curious how you used group theory in a financial or economic class.
>>
>>25939521
>ahhh, i can't do simple derivatives, integers and statistics!

Fucking swine, economics is FUCKING HUMAN SCIENCE, only niggers think it's numbers heavy.

>>25939548
They are complete different fields, your professor is retard.
>>
>>25939581
no you didn't

you didn't take a single theoretical mathematics class

not only did you not take those classes, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THOSE THINGS MEAN, which is why it took you 20 minutes to come up with that feeble lie
>>
>>25938774
You are retarded. STEM has engineering in the acronym. They could remove every math class in existence from engineering and it would still be considered STEM because it's in the fucking definition.
>>
>>25938600
>there are people who don't think marketing and business isn't stem
it isnt
>I've probs taken as much math as a math major
you havent
>What makes you think I'm not a math major?
it's PROBS because youre a fucking moron comparing math to biz/marketing, which is plagued with Stacys and Chads
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.