[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
Robots, who /rat/ here?

Rats are the best pets for us! Not only are they intelligent yet misunderstood, they are friendly and snuggly and caring. They start out young and unaware of the world, consumed by their fear of everything outside the cage you hold them in. You must teach them not to be afraid! Once they are acclimated to you, you can stuff them in your pocket and bring them everywhere you go so you never have to be alone. Rat enthusiasts often suggest you buy them in pairs so they won't get lonely, but buying just one ensures it will love you most!

You can feed it anything, like the crusts of your pizza or half a chicken nuggie. You can teach them all sorts of tricks! Take them in the shower with you to give them a bath! All you need is a cage to keep clean, water, food, and lonely longing that you can give in the form of fuzzy cuddles. Their love and cute antics will warm your frosty soul. Never will you be lonely again!

Rats are the robot mascot. Rats will make you feel important and cared about. You can finally be like Willard the ratman. Get a rat and have a best friend and sidekick.

You don't have to be alone anymore.
>>
Rats are good. I have two dumbo rats in high school, but I didn't take that good care of them, because I was a kid and I didn't know any better. One got a tumor on it's leg. Feels bad man; I'll get a couple of males soon or something, when I move to a house where a landlord allows it.

Do you like birds? I really like parrots, but birds are hard to take care of and high maintenance.
>>
For some reason I find mice scary and a bit icky. Every now and then if a stray one nibbles my toe I am terrified as if it's going to eat my flesh which it probably is? I used to feel this way about roaches, spiders and even flies but now no insect bothers me including spiders. But mice for some reason, no.
>>
>>25938302
Yes, birds are great but very high maintenance and time consuming. Rats are much easier to manage, they won't mind if you sleep 16 hours out of the day.

>>25938417
Mice are shit tier filthy pests who lack intelligence and friendliness. They bite and are bad at hygiene. They are too small and cause trouble. Rats are gods in comparison. They get much bigger than mice and you can even feed mice to them if you really wanted to.
>>
>keeping a disease carrying rodent as a pet
>>
>>25938258
>touching vile sewer critters

Absolutely disgusting. The only pets worth adopting are cats or rabbits.
>>
>>25938504

>Sewer critters

You don't pick up a rat from the fucking sewer, asshole. You get it from a pet shop or a breeder. Rabbits are far filthier and dumber than rats and they will never like you or learn any sort of complex trick; at most, they'll just tolerate you.
>>
>>25938258
True robots don't have the want/capacity to care for another living creature.
/thread
>>
>>25938504
>>25938493

>TFW yet again rats are misunderstood, by those who should empathize with their plight
>TFW domesticated rats are as hygienic as you permit them to be
>implying that capturing a wild rat is what is being suggested here
>implying that asshole loner unfriendly felines who roam around outside for hours at a time and lick themselves with the same mouths they drag wild animal corpses to you with are more sanitary than domesticated rats
>implying rabbits are more than sniveling mounds of fluff that are arguably the most boring pet, perhaps even more boring than fish because at least fish move more, not to mention their stench is horrendous
>implying either of those mediocre "pets" can come with you wherever you go for adventures
>>
Rats are cute, I just suck at caring for a living creature.

If I was going to get a small mammal to keep in a cage, it'd probably be a guinea pig anyway, they're fucking adorable.
>>
>>25938635
Look Ron I know your parents couldn't afford to buy you a pet so they gave you a rat, but you really should stop fooling yourself with this meme. Rats are disgusting and people who own them as pets are mentally sick.
>>
>>25938635

Best pets are smart work dog, small parrot and loyal rat. Pigs also have potential.
>>
>>25938473

>Mice are shit tier filthy pests who lack intelligence and friendliness.

Bullshit.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/10/rats-arent-smarter-than-mice-and-that-actually-matters/381430/

Mice aren't dirty either. They're constantly grooming themselves, just like rats.

I've had both mice and rats and my rats were more likely to bite than the mice (but both very, very rarely ever bit. It wasn't a common thing at all).
>>
>>25938258
they die too young, I can't take that sort of heartbreak ever few years
>>
File: 121211_0000.jpg (317 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
121211_0000.jpg
317 KB, 1536x2048
Rats are indeed, god teir.
>>
Yes I /rat/, but I haven't taken great care of this last batch. I'm too drunk all the time and playing games. I have just one left now, which is too depressing to think about.
>>
>>25938671
No, fuck parrots, they're a fucking pain in the ass.

Pic related, my fucking Timna that's too goddamn smart for her own good and is constantly attacking my shoes.
>>
>>25938776

>Tfw a small bird flew into my dad's house once
>Loved him, ate with him and bathed with him
>Would be jealous of me and chase me around the house pecking me

also

>parents get parrot
>Parrot obviously mimics what it hears
>constant "anon stop" "what the hell anon" "ANOOON SQUAAAAWRK"
>>
Rats are god tier pets

Right up there with dogs tbqh
>>
>>25938258

my soulmate(if there is such a thing) is(/was) a little black english/irish dumbo named molly. she was the runt of her litter, had some health problems and she was given to me as a freeby when I originally purchased her sister.

molly thought I was the coolest fucking person EVER to exist, I felt like god damn royalty or something every time I came home from work, even if only a 4 hour shift or whatever... she would do this thing where she would use her hands to pull my face towards hers and then kiss me like a million times lol. it was just so cool to see how excited she was to see me, ALL the time, waking up in the morning even or just coming inside from watering the plants, etc...

she was brilliant too, I taught her to dance and spin and all sorts of weird and wonderful little tricks. I let her run free, even though I had cats first, they all got along, never had any issues, infact molly would chase 2 out of 3 of the cats, lol.

She was the best friend I have ever had, I have had really deep/strong connections with animals before(my horse, especially) but molly and my's relationship was different somehow. she followed me everywhere, she slept with me(either up on my pillow or against my neck/chest area, snuggling up close), she would follow me into the shower and/or bath tub, she was just fucking amazing.

unfortunately, she has been dead for a year now. she began having seizures at some point which we later found out was due to a brain tumor. watching her health degrade over time was the hardest and most fucked up thing I've ever experienced, easily. of course I had her medicated, I spent hours online everyday trying to research and find something that may help or prolong her time or rid her of her pain .... eventually, she stopped eating and became very weak, her vet recommended euthanasia soooo that's what went down, obviously.

i still cry myself to sleep most nights. i did get 2 baby rats a couple months ago and theyre ok but no molly
>>
Could I really carry them around in my pocket? They wouldn't jump out or try to escape?
>>
>>25938493

You are FAR more likely to contract a disease or parasite or fungus, etc. from your neighbours young child, a cat or a dog than from a rat =) it's true, google it =)
>>
>>25938504

W-w-what about dogs?
>>
>>25938504

see >>25938860

>>25938845

It depends on the rat. A boy rat would probably be fine - they are really chill and less active compared to girls - but girl rats are little explorers, they are always thinking and always mischevious IME. Some girls do like to be shoulder rats, but just incase, it would be a good idea to get a youngster so you can kinda train it.

My old rat would've chilled on my shoulder or in my pocket(actually when she got sick I would put her in my purse while I did my errands, lol, she was fine with it) but my current rat? She will not sit still for longer than 10 seconds, I would not trust her enough to take her outside to a busy area or anything like that.
>>
File: 1453143691454.jpg (188 KB, 480x724) Image search: [Google]
1453143691454.jpg
188 KB, 480x724
>>25938864
Dogs are the the worst animal that has ever existed. They are essentially the niggers of nature. They should not live in urban space (or anywhere close to humans, for that matter.

>shit literally everywhere
>piss on literally everything
>try to lick your face after they had a good 30 minute balls and ass licking session
>eat shit of other animals
>bark at anything
>fuck each other or fight thus creating awkward situations for their respective owners
>need walking
>smell horrible
>randomly go berzerk and attack children

I would never understand why people like these bags of fleas. Oh, wait, I do. It's because they are insecure and need some animal to be completely loyal to them.
>>
>>25938804
I wish my parrot said funny stuff.

She was a "rescue" (some girl left her at the bird store while she was "on vacation" and never picked her back up) and she just makes weird environmental noises like a vacuum, alarm clock beeping, etc. Once in a while she roughly squawks out "hello bird" but it's pretty rare.
>>
>>25938700

Agreed. If they lived even another 3+ years they'd be the IDEAL pet.
>>
>>25938695

.... I too have had both, but the only way I can see that someone would think to compare the 2 is if perhaps you did not spend much time with your rats in the first place. There's just zero comparison... and mice don't have any control of their bowels where as rats do
>>
>>25938929
cats are fucking GAY
>>
>>25938258
Pets are for normals, why put so much work into something you won't eat, and if you do eat it why waste the time forming an emotional connection?
Nice try pet shills.
>>
>>25938258
>Do not disappoint me my servant
>>
>>25938955

They're different animals, I agree. I wouldn't say there's "zero comparison" though. IMO they're not even as different as cats and dogs.

But anyway, I was only correcting the idea that mice are stupid and dirty, which isn't true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8XZ-_EgWB8

They're intelligent and clean. They might be slightly more likely to empty their bowels on you than a rat, but a mouse's BM is dry and like the size of a grain of rice. A rat's is like 20X bigger and squisher and grosser.

I'm more of a mouse guy desu, but I do love rats.
>>
>>25938667
Kind of funny but Ron didn't own a rat, he owned a man who killed his best friend's parents
>>
>>25939010

There are many homeless animals at local shelters, and if no one adopts them they might be put down (depending on whether it's a kill shelter or not).

If you have the ability and desire to do so, caring for a formerly homeless animal is a true act of kindness.
>>
>>25938929
>tfw i like cats but i'm allergic to cat hair

FML
>>
>>25939115

Where's the source (show or something) of this? Just interested.
>>
>>25939278
It's the big reveal in PoA you retard.
>>
>>25939305

What's PoA?
>>
>>25939314
Prisoner of Azkaban. Third book of Harry Potter.
>>
One of my gerbils died recently

rip eva :(
>>
>>25939348
>gerbils

Stupid meme animals.
>>
rats are amazing pets. i have two, they are so loving and wonderful. the OP is correct
>>
>>25938635
t. rat
>>
>>25939375

Shut up. Gerbils are awesome.

1. Easy to tame

2. More compact size than a rat, less tiny than a mouse. A happy medium size.

3. Make very little waste compared to basically any other animal ever.

4. Fun to watch them dig.

I only hate the fact that they're bred in factory farm conditions and given as presents to kids who will neglect/abuse them them.
>>
>>25939348

My sincere condolences, anon.
>>
File: 1426969384105.png (37 KB, 146x170) Image search: [Google]
1426969384105.png
37 KB, 146x170
>tfw there's a guy in your city has 4 shoulder rats.

He walks around and they're just chilling on his shoulder or even on his head.

He a good man.
>>
>>25938929
>I would never understand why people like these bags of fleas.

It's because dogs feel the need to dispense affection every time they see you. If it's been 15 minutes away from you they're happy to see you and dying to express their zeal. When you look at them it almost seems like they're only doing it to get the same feels back. As soon as you pat one they're done and calm down a little. You can also see them that way with strangers; just scampering up to any new smelling creature just to check if they can get a pat on the head.

A cat is more withdrawn, cold and reserved. It's rare that it will show you affection and when they do it's going to be if they're in bed or on the sofa with you. It's more of a cozy sensual exchange with the cat rather than the hearty, rougher exchange of nervous energy with the dog.
>>
>>25939461
Holy fuck
This made me lol
Idk why
Thanks, anon
>>
Cats are the true robot pet
My cat would rip a mouse apart in seconds
>>
File: 1443291327890.jpg (99 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
1443291327890.jpg
99 KB, 491x491
>>25940005
I forgot I also had this image
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.