[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is "TheRedPill" and PUA just bullshit, or does it actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5
File: 1434101940327.jpg (40 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1434101940327.jpg
40 KB, 479x720
Is "TheRedPill" and PUA just bullshit, or does it actually work?
>>
I think there's some truth to redpill and they just couch it in edgy terms to feel all badass and darkly enlightened

What I do know is that my oneitis only ever started being attracted to me after I completely stopped giving a fuck and moved on with my life. Obviously that's just one data point but I think it jives with red pill ideals.

I don't fucking know though I'm retarded
>>
>>25919806
It doesn't work because no matter what you don't get what you should actually want. Even if you get pussy after the 5th or 6th time you have sex you realize it's not much better than masturbation and it definitely won't fill the roaring emptiness inside you. What makes relationships worthwhile is companionship which you can't have if you're thinking of the whole thing as a chess game.
>>
>>25919926
Roastie slut detected tbqh familia.
>>
it's bullshit. i stopped acting like someone i'm not and i'm lots happier. i still don't have a gf, but it doesn't cripple me every night i go to bed alone. also this >>25919926
>>
>>25919806
Wanna puck up some part/club sloot that has more mental and insecurity issues than the average robot? The Red Pill is for you.

Wanna amazing relationship based on caring, understanding, and compatibility between each other? Good fucking luck. Nobody had a Goddamn clue how that shit works.
>>
Redpill is good to know the truth about the vapid whore that are woman, but you should give up your identity just to get pussy.

It's not worthwhile to get women, if you must act like a Chad and constantly playing mind games or domination with them.
>>
>>25919926
this

>>25919806
It's bullshit but it gets people going I assume.
Cut out the bs work on yourself and you should be fine
>>
>>25919926
I believe this, but how do you get a worthwhile relationship then? Try endlessly knowing that you may never get what you want?
>>
It works on trannies because they know no man will love them
>>
>>25919806
PUA doesn't work, it's all looks.

Also, red pilled means you're enlightened in the /pol/ sense. Only redditors associate PUA with red pills.
>>
>>25920046
Not him but don't get a gf to get happy. Be happy with your own life hobbies etc. and then add the girl where you like her around.
>>
>>25920009
Just b urself senpai :)
T B H
>>
>>25920009
Redpill works on all women. Even that shy nerdy girl you might see at a library of game club. Even if they won't admit it, all women want muscular, dominant alpha males who give no fucks and aren't afraid to keep them in check. It's why assholes get more pussy than nice guys (and not the meme Nice Guys (TM), but actual nice guys who do stuff without expecting return).
AWALT
>>
>>25919806
Some of it is worth it. All the bits pertaining to self improvement (whether that be personality wise in how you stop caring so hard or in the actual world) are worth taking in.

The attitude to women though is incredibly bitter, banging women left and right and playing mental games to make them as on edge as possible is just childish frankly, and strikes as being the attitude of a 13 year old who just had his first breakup. Disney relationships don't exist of course, but workable ones do. Not searching for that because of some shit a group of autismal nerds who've liftied for a bit tells you is silly.
>>
>>25919806
yes if you get advice from the right people. also women hate it because they don't want to give sex to the betas and pua helps betas get sex. if women are getting angry about it then it is doing something.
>>
>>25920308
>banging women left and right
You do realize that this is what women find attractive, right? Women love guys that a lot of other women also love as it indicates he has high status.
>>
>>25920375
Yes but >>25919926

I'm not going to pretend I'm some kind of Don Juan or whatever but following TRP at least made it considerably easier to bang women and 2bh It gets old quite quickly. Once it becomes something which isn't hard to get it loses all of the aura it used to have. It is indeed what they like but you stop caring about that almost entirely, or at least I did. All of the hate and tears and disappointment on their side stopped feeling good once I stopped being bitter about how no girls had cared about me in school and to this day I'd rather know a woman first and be impressed by her before banging her, it's far more mentally enjoyable that way.
>>
Red pill is just good knowledge to have, but their "field reports" are super cringe
>>
>>25920255
Do you accept the Red Pill as truth?
>>
>>25920818
The red pill is truth because of both evolution and female nature.
>>
>>25920681
This
The community built around it is a fucking joke, since they truly believe that they can simplify human interaction with some buzzwords and evopsych shit
>>
this video pretty much sums it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn1fLK_7mko

tldr: if you trick a girl into liking you by being someone you're not, she'll eventually realize that you aren't really like that and stop liking you. so it works for hooking up with SOME girls. a lot of girls are wise to this shit. but in terms of actual loneliness it doesn't help you at all
>>
>>25921027
So you have no personal experience (or very little) and are basing it off of some shit you read on the Internet. I admit most modern women are garbage, but it is cringey at the length Red Pillers go for their philosophy. Essentially male feminists
>>
>>25921738
If I wasn't red pill, I would have died alone and unloved.
>>
File: Absolut_degeneriert.jpg (132 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Absolut_degeneriert.jpg
132 KB, 600x600
>>25920255
Bruh... STFU. This is delusion on a hole new level. Most "Chads" pull only club sluts, your shy bookworm type of girl right out ignores them, like you would ignore some Stacy disturbing you during your raid or w/e. Yeah, most girls like self-confident, good looking men. So what? Apparently, you arent one of them.

A clear case of wishful thinking a la "If I cant be a Chad by face, the maybe trying to copy his worldview makes me as succesful with sluts". Not girls or women, mind you, but sluts.
>>
>>25921830
So you have a gf because of RP?
>>
File: 1432166514519.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1432166514519.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
>>25919806
it works, which is depressing

i guarantee this entire thread will be cognitive dissonance though (see: >>25921899)
>>
>>25919926
This person has the right idea.... sigh.
>>
File: 1447588319698.jpg (79 KB, 525x551) Image search: [Google]
1447588319698.jpg
79 KB, 525x551
>>25921899
>your shy bookworm type of girl right out ignores them
>cucks actually believe this
>>
Wait what is Red Pill supposed to do? I thought it was just a bunch of dudes that gave up on women
>>
>>25921899
Nice coping mechanism. Do you think that shy bookworm guys would perfer an average girl over stacy? Then why would a nerdy girl perfer you over chad?

Halo effect. She will just pretend that the guy is smart just like all women who date badboys pretend like the guy is a gentle giant.
>>
>>25922645

Red Pill is about stop acting nice or hiding behind acting nice because you have no substance to your personality and achievements.

Have a couple of fights , standing up for yourself , install some positive narcsissm into yourself and judge who you really are and if you are worthy of attention from people at all , adjust things that make you un-cofomfortable and you made it
>>
>>25922656
Are you trying to force your opinion on our collective experiences, or do you force the experiences (and the thing about wishful thinking) on your opinions? Because if you do the first, please just STFU.
>>
I'd like to think trp works. I recently lost my virginity after browsing /trp for at while and trying to change my behavior. There were other factors involved as well though
>>
mostly pseudo-psychological shit, with maybe little bit of truth

what makes me cringe is betas who think they will become alphas after reading something on internet
>>
>>25922324
this
the reason they use the matrix metaphor is because of the realisation that things are so shit once you take it
Literally everything I was taught was horseshit, and the thing that hurts is my mother. as a female must have known her own nature
It's a complete betrayal on her part
>>
It's true on a superficial level and it works. The evopsych stuff is bullshit.
>>
>>25922744
Someone is upset. Attraction is based on looks. The only reason why low quality men are attracted to nerd girls is because they cope that they might have a chance

But women can get a chad.
>>
>>25922828
this
some of the red pill is common sense and applies to being more liked by people in general.
the rest of it is ironically based around having no self-confidence despite the fact RP is supposed to make you confident.
>>
>>25922828
I have the opposite impression. The superficial stuff, like pick up lines, are awful and usually won't work unless delivered by Chad Thundercock himself. The evolutionary psychology stuff makes a lot of sense, and helped me navigate social circles, and helped me get a girlfriend a lot more than any other source of advice ever has.

My take on PUA: Read everything, and take everything with a grain of salt.
>>
>>25919806
>"TheRedPill"

The red pill is basically just feminism for men. It's just a bunch of whiny 40+ year old divorced faggots whining about injustice because they were stupid enough to waste their lives on the wrong women.

Ignore them and everything they say.

>PUA

The essense of PUA is fine. Basically the idea behind PUA is that if you're socially awesome, you'll get a girl, which is obviously true.

Even if you're not the best looking or the richest dude in town. So long as you're a fun loving party animal that everyone loves to be around and you're not literally deformed than you shouldn't have too much trouble getting girls.

PUA is simply learning to be more socially awesome.
>>
>>25919806
I can see the merits of some of TRP's philosophy

getting swole and acting confident undoubtedly makes you more attractive
>>
>>25922889
Not him, but this shit is another reason I hate RP. The snarky, pseudo-intellectuals who spout this shit. And, from what I have experienced, they're ugly as sin and bitter as fuck. You can even hear the fat in their voice. Any time you call them out, 90% of the time they will just regurgitate whatever RP says the same way that feminists regurgitate whatever their philosophy says.

Most of thesepeople haven't picked up a book on science or history in fucking years
>>
>>25923014
>The red pill is basically just feminism for men. It's just a bunch of whiny 40+ year old divorced faggots whining about injustice because they were stupid enough to waste their lives on the wrong women.
That's MGTOW.
>>
>>25924066
It's all 3. Both PUA, MGTOW, and RP
>>
>>25919806
Redpill/PAU shit is designed to exploit beta males out of their money.
>>
>>25923014

A 5'4" party animal with a 4 inch white dick.

Of course!
>>
>>25919806
I don't think reading any of it will ever get you laid directly. I think out of everything that I've read, Mark Manson's 'Models' is the best work. It's quite well-written, given the subject matter, and really digs into a lot of areas that people on here could usea lot of help with.

>>25920681
>>25921050
I haven't really looked into TheRedPill stuff too much, but at least I can say that many of the field reports that I read on reddit were actually really thorough and constructive (especially the ones by TofuTofu). This was like five years ago, though, so things may well have changed.
>>
>>25924150
Guess you missed the

>you're not literally deformed

I think being a midget qualifies as a deformity.
>>
It's partly true. Their ideas of self improvement, focusing on yourself and not being a doormat, every one of you can benefit from.

It gets so much hate because people think you have to become a manipulative twat. While partly true, you don't have to take that idea all the way. Just understand that women's minds work differently from ours. It's not necessarily a bad thing but it clashes with the notions we were taught from a young age.
>>
>>25919806
They are right on one thing for sure - that the unachievable is always the most attractive and most wanted.
>>
>>25919806
Do I really have to take the red pill and subscribe to their stuff if I don't wanna die unloved? I'd much rather be nice and caring and sensitive and loving (and a little cocky, I'll admit) rather than be a macho, dominant and powerful alpha male, but I'm starting to think that women literally only like that type of guy, and I'll have no choice to become what I don't want to become in order to be loved and have affection and companionship.
the red pill stuff is literally making be depressed because it is shattering my hopes and now i feel forced to go down a path i don't want to go down
>>
>>25924643
I'm not sure since I only have anecdotal evidence. But I tried being nice year after year and it never worked. Then I decided to give trp a try and quickly got some results. Just turning up your cockiness a bit might be an option though.
>>
Yeah I think of it like religion really. You have some really good and helpful ideals bundled together. The problem is everyone who talks about whether good or bad is a fucking idiot. The point is
>get in good shape
>even though you are socially retarded you still need to be socially active to practice
>good job
On the exercise note you'll be much happier in shape. I used to be 5"11 160 lbs of muscle from sports competing on a national level. I'm now 185 pounds of fat and depressed as fuck.
>>
>>25919806
Redpill makes sense but you should also have your own independent thought
>>
>>25923014
>It's just a bunch of whiny 40+ year old divorced faggots whining about injustice because they were stupid enough to waste their lives on the wrong women.
The problem theredpill points out is that most men are completely oblivious as to what constitutes an acceptable partner in a woman. That, having been raised to think that women have certain privileges compared to men (no physical retaliation, special treatment) as well as naively thinking that unrealistic ideals like open communication could improve or repair their relationships. Not to mention, that even if a man in that position were aware of all these things, he's still limited by a major factor: desperation. The average man has far less sexual opportunities than the average woman, so he's obligated to stay with a potentially abusive or unstable partner because he's been lead to believe that being single and sexually frustrated is the worst thing that could happen to him.

The key difference between theredpill and feminism is that whereas feminism is redefining femininity from the traditional role, theredpill is simply trying to regain that masculinity back. You could point out all the ways a woman claims men and women have equal social roles, but that's simply not true. A man is supposed to take the initiative when courting a woman, be the breadwinner of his family, and take the responsibility of any failed marriages he may have had (while continuing to host new ones on his diminished income). Interestingly, feminism has empowered women to be able to express themselves more freely, yet men have stayed in their traditional role.

>Basically the idea behind PUA is that if you're socially awesome, you'll get a girl, which is obviously true.
PUA doesn't ever question why a man has to be some social butterfly to be attractive to the opposite sex. Surely, here of all places, you'd realize that not all men are capable of fulfilling or even attempting that role.
>>
PUA and inspirational talkers were a meme in my friend group for like a year or two.
Had to witness a phase where they awkwardly tried to "game" on the streets.
It was really infuriating how one of my friends thought he was a master of the female psyche by listening to PUA, how he tried to over analyze dumb meaningless details.
Hilariously the end result was that he became more awkward when approaching women, because when he tried to apply all the "techniques" he learned in the wild, it became one big spergy mess.

What bothered me even more was when they shifted the topic of conversation to one of the latest inspirational talks they heard. Had to listen to an hour of "believe in urself act like ur succesful meet rich pepl nevr give up chase ur dreams".
I had to talk one of my mates out of becoming a writer, this guy never read a book in his life and never did anything close to writing, not even fora at the age of 22. He was about to spend 5K on classes, made him dodge a bullet there.

TL;DR
Those PUA and inspirational talkers use the desperation of lonely and unsuccesful men to make money. They don't even help, they create a toxic mindset.
>>
>>25919926
theredpill doesn't claim to be a life manual, it's purely sexual strategy for men. Self improvement in areas like physical fitness or careers and education all advance this goal passively because they all help to make you a more attractive person as well as the fact the more effort you directly show in interacting with a woman, the more desperate and repellent you are.

theredpill was never made to give purpose to your life, it's for the sexually frustrated man to overcome the barriers imposed on him both socially and intimately.

>it definitely won't fill the roaring emptiness inside you.
Interestingly enough the people who most need it are the people who are empty inside. Because, those kinds of people who think that the validation they get from sex will add meaning to their life, are inherently unattractive to women. Because they have difficulty defining themselves, they're almost unable to give women the kind of emotional stimulus they want even if they are attractive. Ultimately, this is a problem with the person, not theredpill as any person whose sexually satisfied can agree with what you wrote. It's a personal journey where you realize that finding your identity was the most important thing you did, not having sex.

>What makes relationships worthwhile is companionship which you can't have if you're thinking of the whole thing as a chess game.
Again, no one is going to disagree that companionship isn't the ideal aspect of having a relationship. The problem is in knowing that the kind of person who is worth having that kind of emotional intimacy, and you wont be able to know unless you've been in enough relationships to tell. It'd be really great if you could share yourself with your partner and they'd reciprocate and the relationship would have few problems, but it's never that simple. People are flawed, you overvalue their feelings, they take yours for granted; someone cheats, or they just get bored of you. It's better if you don't take chances.
>>
>>25925925
By the way I've had more women by far than any other guy in my friend group and never listened to any of the pua shit they talked about. And three other friends are better looking than me.
>>
>>25919806
The Red Pill are pretty pathetic desu
I mean, don't get me wrong, I hate women
But I don't try to justify using shitty pseudoscience and underhanded manipulative techniques in order to get people to sleep with me

These people hate women, while dedicating so much of their time into the persual of women, while simultaneously, pretending they don't care about women

They are pathetic, they pretend they are being alpha but they are somehow worse than betas
>>
>>25921133
>tldr: if you trick a girl into liking you by being someone you're not, she'll eventually realize that you aren't really like that and stop liking you
Pretty sure TRP addresses this by explaining that women hate fake alphas even more than betas.
>>
File: alg-laughing-jpg.jpg (46 KB, 970x702) Image search: [Google]
alg-laughing-jpg.jpg
46 KB, 970x702
Went to a pua meeting once, it was very pathetic
>one of my friends is a big pick up fan, he introduces me and another friend to this meeting
>big festivity in a city
>about 40 people
>awkwardly introducing eachother
>talking about their experience
>not even giving tips or thinking of a strategy or whatever
>they are just talking to each other doing nothing meaningful
>me and my friend are getting hammered on cheap beer meanwhile
>we're the first to actually start aproaching girls
>40 minutes after arriving to the PUA meeting we are leaving with a group of girls to a party
>the other pick up "artists" haven't even moved
>>
I feel like most of TRP is just common sense, like being social and having some self esteem.
>>
>>25922820
Jesus christ, mate, you really need to speak to more women, even if it's just online.
It's sad that this movement has poisoned your mind in such a way that you can't even connect anymore with your own mother.

This really made me sad anon.
>>
>>25925925
>>25926123
>>25926425
In my experience, most people who go into PUA are people who are trying to appear that they're trying/have scored women but can't muster any more effort than the token involvement of watching videos, reading articles, and listening to speeches. They're either afraid of actually approaching a woman (which ironically will cause them to redouble their research) or they don't actually care for the women, they just want to meet other people like them they can identify with as well as an inspirational role model. In that lens, it's no wonder why many of those people fit the image of stereotypical losers: because they're not actually trying.
>>
their goal is fast sex; their advice and worldview will be disproportionately influenced by BPD and low self-esteem girls and indeed select for those types
>>
>>25919926
Oh jeez where do I start?

>It doesn't work because no matter what you don't get what you should actually want.

"No matter what." What if, presuming this is what you mean by 'what people should want' you are able to increase your chances of entering into a committed relationship? Crazy, I know, next I'll be telling you swimming in a pool increases your chances of not drowning at the beach.

Also, what's with this 'should' bullshit? What makes you a judge of what people 'should' want? Why should everyone want the same thing?

>Even if you get pussy after the 5th or 6th time you have sex you realize it's not much better than masturbation and it definitely won't fill the roaring emptiness inside you.

Oh so you're claiming omnipotence now? You know everyone feels empty and for what reasons? I've gotta tell you, having sex exactly seven times completely filled the emptiness inside me. Prove me wrong.

>What makes relationships worthwhile is companionship which you can't have if you're thinking of the whole thing as a chess game.

>what makes relationships worthwhile for me.

What's the morally relevant difference between someone being aware of what their words and emotions cause others to do and someone who still uses such language and emotions and inspires the same reaction but is unaware and lacks intention? Who's really disadvantaged?
>>
>>25926777
>In that lens, it's no wonder why many of those people fit the image of stereotypical losers: because they're not actually trying.
You conveyed it perfectly in that sentence.
>>
>Used to be a really talkative kid
>be me 13, 8th grade
>stacy
>acts disgusted of me all the time
>ruins my confidence
>becomes recluse
>still am to this day
>>
>>25919806
>Is "TheRedPill" and PUA just bullshit, or does it actually work?

I can tell from experience it does work

but its more about the mindset you adapt when dealing with women than "tricks" or learning phrases
>>
>>25919868
Yea that sounds like a pretty good summary of this whole affair.

It is rooted in some truth just sensationalized like you said.

I think it is well to avoid all blanket statement sort of deals like these, you live in the same world these people do, see what works for you.
>>
>>25925925
>I'm such a good friend because I talked him out of seeing where his dreams take him
You're a fucking crab in a bucket
>>
I actually find myself in agreement with a lot of the things on there. Although I think most of them with success stories about it are jody and it didn't really matter what approach they used as long as they didn't spaz out.
Also I disagree with alpha/beta shit thought that was a parody in GTA4 had no idea guys actually thought like that, it's still funny to call someone you don't like beta though.

>>25919926
cuck
>>
>>25927297
This guy wasn't 15 anymore, he dropped out of college, showed on several occasions he doesn't have the drive to fully apply himself to one goal.
Should I just have watched how he burned 5K and 8 months? Do you even realise how high the competition is in that field? He never even showed interest in the subject before that.

It was harsh, but good friends have to be harsh sometimes.
>>
>>25927503
Is your friend in a better place?
>>
>>25922656
b-b-b-but how c-c-ould someone who named themselves WAR MACHINE be a violent psychopath? H-h-he's just misunderstood :^/
>>
>>25927965
He's doing good. He's working hard in a shitty job, got a nice gf a couple of months ago and it seems like it's getting pretty serious. He finished a massaging course recently and is talking about taking up photography.
>>
The evopsych shit is complete nonsense, but they are correct in one aspect:

People (not just women) are tremendously drawn to extreme self-confidence. Training yourself to become a complete and total narcissist can only help your social life.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.