[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you make passive income? Most of us just want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: money.jpg (49 KB, 843x843) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
49 KB, 843x843
How the fuck do you make passive income? Most of us just want to NEET it up, but at the same time be independent enough to do and buy the things you enjoy. I just want to be able to afford a decent apartment and a few nice things.

Let's help each other figure it out. I've recently registered 3 domain names and am going to turn one into an online retailer, and the other 2 I plan to turn into a blog/clickbait site. Any other ideas would be appreciated, discuss.
>>
i put money into day trading and got very lucky
bought in on a building with my dad and earn $600/wk from it

i rent out the house i live in for extra income
now i just work a 9-5job just for fun
>>
hOW OLD ARE YOU op? dEPENDING ON YOUR ANSWER i MAY HELP YOU

Ignore caps, not typing that again
>>
File: 1453332585849.jpg (28 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1453332585849.jpg
28 KB, 400x388
>>25903570
Bumping this thread desu family of mine
>>
>>25903570
You first need capital to invest into something, dividend stocks or coupon yielding t-bonds can give you passive income but obly if you have enough money in the first place since they only give out between 3% and 5% of dividends/coupons per year.

You can also buy some kind of franchise be it fast food, grocery store, gas station, etc. And let wagecucks do the job for you, admitedly, you also need money for this but it's probably less than what you need in stocks or bonds.
>>
>>25903916
>aquire 3000 shares of glw on 18th birth day.
>dump it for $65k in my margin account.
>lose it all in less than a year trying to day trade.
gonna try again here soon once I get back on my feet.
>>
>>25904560
Should've just left if in an index fund, cuck.
>>
>>25903570
>How the fuck do you make passive income?

You either inherit wealth and then invest or you wagecuck and then invest
>>
>>25903928
>>25903928
Not OP but I'm 20 and want to start investing once i get a hold of 5k
>>
watching this thread intently. I seriously don't think I will ever be able to work family. And I don't even have autism, I'm just awkward and lazy and ugly and incompetent.
>>
>>25903570

that picture doesn't make any sense, the "entrepreneur" on the right is still going to use the money he made to buy his own stuff, and the "consumer" makes the money to buy stuff by working, and investing is working.

Triggered as fuck, whoever made that picture is fucking retarded.
>>
File: ezgif-4173348599.gif (2 MB, 180x124) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-4173348599.gif
2 MB, 180x124
>>25903570
>selling money for more money
who came up with this idea that's cheating

also best mindset is to forget the material world beyond what is required to sustain ur brain and rely on the imaginarium inside you for all stimuli-related needs
>>
If I saved 2k is it possible to turn that into big money?
>>
Easy, just shit out the next twitch dot tv or the next kikestarter dot com. If you've got a personal computer and can program in HTML and CSS you're golden.
>>
>>25906242
only if someone else is willing to lose an equal amount of money
there's a balance in everything
it will not turn into anything, instead it only siphons
like a hungry blood-starved leech, desperate for the safety, the warmth and the comfort that it was denied by this cruel reality
>>
>>25903928
I'm not OP and almost 23, I take it you just want some young fucktoy though.
>>
>>25906212
>consumption destroys things

>investment builds things
>>
Just lurk /biz/ for a while.
>>
Mutual fund maybe? Sits there and accrues 7-%
15% annually. Roll it back in on itself.
>>
>>25907683
Be careful of the type of mutual fund you choose. Actively managed mutual funds rarely beat the market average and cuck investors with high fees.

Passively managed index funds track the market and are gauranteed to get you the market return with the lowest fees in the business.

Either way, you're going to need $750k+ to generate a safe stream of ~$25k/year in passive income
>>
>>25903928
OP here, I'm 20.

>>25907453
/biz/ is shit. They think they're going to get rich by investing in stocks through Robinhood
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.