[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone here go to a therapist? thinking about going to one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 377796726.jpg (63 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
377796726.jpg
63 KB, 800x600
anyone here go to a therapist?

thinking about going to one. i signed up for a depression study and i have to go to a screening session where i will potentially get diagnosed with depression on friday.

i don't think they can help though. i don't think anyone can help, but maybe i'm just pessimistic.
>>
>>25894599
>paying for someone to pretend to care about you

You'd have better luck picking up a hooker and having a talk with her after you fuck. It'd be cheaper, and she won't report you to the police for things you say.
>>
I went to the docs to see if they could do anything about my depression and they gave me a number to call and book group therapy sessions

Kinda curious as to what it's going to be like.
>>
>>25894732
It depends who's the group therapist.
If it's a bad one they'll just let one group member talk the whole time and dominate the session.
>>
>>25894661
>paying for someone to pretend to care about you
this

don't get diagnosed with depression either, it only fucks your life up more
>>
>>25894599
>2016
>still believing in the therapy meme
>>
>>25894661
OP here

i went to a hooker and she kind of rushed me out afterwards. i'm not even intimidating, i'm 5'7 and 155lbs. also white and she thought i was a college kid (showed her my old ID)
>>
>>25894960
>don't get diagnosed with depression either, it only fucks your life up more
how? does it raise insurance or something?
>>
>people actually believing the shit posters ITT

This board is great.
>>
File: 12158101.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
12158101.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>25896251

Have you ever been in a Psych Ward? I have, I bet you haven't. You get a real clear image of mental health "services". These people don't give a fucking shit about you. If they are about anything beyond their job, it's making sure you are not a threat to society, not your actual well-being.

When you involve politics into mental health, you get a dogshit service. I had to fake and lie my way out of the ward, otherwise I would have stayed there for weeks, maybe months. If I go now and pour my heart out to a psychologist, he will be freaked out and would probably even report me.

No one cares. You are on your own.
>>
>>25897113
i'm not mentally insane or anything of that sort. i just dont know what to do to make myself happy.

i'm not even ugly, i have a very easy low stress job that makes me more money than i know what to do with. i just buy food, rent, gas, gym membership, and health supplements (none of them fix the problem though)
>>
>>25896191
Next time agree to a set amount of time. >>25896216
Yes, and good luck getting some jobs.
>>25896251
Unaware normie fag
>>
>tfw literally too scared to call someone about my anxiety
>>
>>25897552
>Next time agree to a set amount of time
there won't be a next time, it's just not worth the money or effort to have sex with a condom on. it feels better just fapping

>Yes, and good luck getting some jobs.
eh i'm a programmer with a degree in business/econ. i wouldn't get a job doing anything but staring at a monitor anyway
>>
>>25897113
>>25894960
>>25894661
Isn't it the whole point is for someone to give you solutions for your problems and help you cope with all your emotional/mental issues? Sure it sucks they're more interested in your money than your well-being, but they're still trying to help you.
>>
>>25897619
No, they aren't supposed to give you suggestions at all. Just ask questions and let you talk.

>>25897607
I can understand that then. Good luck brobot
>>
>>25897581
Used to be the same way.
Couldn't talk over the phone and couldn't have someone else schedule appointments for me over the phone because you have to call directly.
>>
Everyone saying to not go in this thread has either never actually gone to a therapist or is a fuckwit who was too much of a sperg to actually be helped, I used to be a loser like the rest of you fucks.
Go OP, it will be the first step to normaldom for you, trust me when I say it's better on this side.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.