[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/artfag/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Who /artfag/ here?

Aspiring musicians, screenwriters, etc.

I'm an aspiring musician, screenwriter and television show writer/creator. After community college I will wagecuck while doing that all on the side.

I find that for robots, flexing your creative muscles can help keep depression at bay. When I'm writing or composing some shit, that'll feel like the only thing that matters and I forget all of my troubles temporarily.
>>
I want to get good at drawing but I'm too lazy to learn how to draw how do I solve this problem?
>>
>>25892693

You could probably get some books or take some classes. If you can, go to a community college and if your parents make less than 40k a year, you can go to school on the Pell Grant an not pay out of pocket.

After they subtract the tuition you'll have like $1,500 a semester and you're free to do what you want with it.
>>
>>25892693
>>25892750
dont listen to this faggot you dont need to go to school. if you have no motivation to git gud you will have even less motivation at college.
>>
>>25892884

I suggested school or reading books about it faggot. School worked really well for me, no musical background and I'll leave knowing much more than I came here with.
>>
>>25892693
You need Loomis
>>
>>25892516
I'm not an aspiring anything, but my psychologist suggests I use as many creative outlets as possible. Over the last few years I've picked up the violin, sewing, sculpting, drawing digitally, an amassed a small collection of coloring books and utensils. To a smaller extent I've tried traditional painting, photography and writing. The only one I really show any promise in is digital drawing and the violin, but I want to keep it as a therapeutic creative outlet, not have it turn into a job.
>>
>>25894342

Your psychologist is correct then. Keep at it with the violin and drawing.
>>
File: 1429535103896.jpg (163 KB, 960x676) Image search: [Google]
1429535103896.jpg
163 KB, 960x676
>want to be an artist
>can't come up with anything, no talent, no passion

Creative hobbies depress me
>>
>>25894784
me too, whenever I come up with a chord progression I like it doesn't take long for me to either find it boring or too similar to something that already exists. With writing and drawing it's even worse. Of course self-doubt is really common among people who produce such content but for me it's so bad that I can't finish anything I started
>>
>>25894784
try drugs, m80
>>
File: delicious.png (768 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
delicious.png
768 KB, 708x1000
>>25892516
>started drawing anime shit when I was 12
>mostly drew hentai when I became older
>studied human anatomy because my drawings looked really weird in general
>now make around 900-1100 euro a month because of erocommissions
Sometimes there are people who want to pay tons of money for furry and other stuff I don't draw, but in general it is really chill. I think if I would move out I could live comfortably with that amound of money
>>
File: 1453161211675.jpg (934 KB, 1657x2044) Image search: [Google]
1453161211675.jpg
934 KB, 1657x2044
Aspiring musician reporting in. Soundcloud page for my electronic autism is coming along nicely.

I've tried writing a few times also. I worked on an 8 episode TV script with a friend for a few months before we both gave up after running into pacing problems. Besides that, the same friend wants to turn a short story I wrote into a short film. Doubt anything will come of it though.
>>
How to get good at drawing?
and how long until Ill be good enough to sell furry art,considering Im at starter level?
>>
>>25892516
I'am an aspiring artist. It's strange for me because It devellop when I challenge myself. Before I was often too passive: "In my bubble".
>>
Sometimes I doodle fursmut but I never post it or anything. I've stopped drawing because I've come to realize that doing LITERALLY ANYTHING other than bashing up my keyboard is beyond me, and not worth doing, and no one will ever like anything I do.
>>
i draw just for fun to relax and take my mind off things. mostly manga related stuff.
my goal is to one day have finished atleast 2 short hentai mangas.

the hobby makes me more depressed than happy tho becuase its kinda hard to not compare yourself to others sometimes, or hate on yourself for not practicing enough etc.
>>
>>25892516
I would like to produce 1-25. piece of art to show to person I know or stranger. tata.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.