[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you do it? How do you create purpose when meaninglessness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 555.gif (47 KB, 306x469) Image search: [Google]
555.gif
47 KB, 306x469
How do you do it? How do you create purpose when meaninglessness outweighs the idea itself? It's like noticing yourself forcing a smile for the camera whilst your soul is decaying and no positive energy actually dwells within. Every arbitrary goal I set for myself, no matter the difficulty, provides no internal sense of accomplishment.

I'm losing myself in this battle.
>>
Are these selfish goals? Try helping others. Its very rewarding.
>>
>>25886778
The goals I set revolve around myself, yes...

I help others often (family, friends). I've even volunteered to a few different communities to help less fortunate. The whole making a difference even on an individual level doesn't do much for me anymore.
>>
>>25886765
Stop thinking. Stop thinking now. No more thoughts. Live through your feelings. Are you hungry? Go eat. Feel lonely? Approach someone and talk. Thinking about anything leads to doubt. Ever done something then ask yourself "why did I do that? There's no point". Here's the answer, "I felt like it." Simple is best.
>>
>>25887184
And if you don't feel anything?
>>
>>25887313
then you aren't doing/living/being curious enough
>>
File: mabRfh.jpg (196 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
mabRfh.jpg
196 KB, 1024x683
>>25886765
Read Nietzsche or Camus
>>
>>25887582
I've read a bunch of Nietzsche and still have came to this crossroads.
>>
File: 1442513442486.png (94 KB, 1435x478) Image search: [Google]
1442513442486.png
94 KB, 1435x478
>>25887802
Then Camus is all I can think of otherwise. I don't see anything better than The Myth of Sisyphus even though I too am not wholly satisfied by it
>>
>>25887990
>The Myth of Sisyphus
Alright I'll have to pick it up the next time I'm at the library. Any other recommendations?
>>
File: merrily merrily.jpg (44 KB, 364x561) Image search: [Google]
merrily merrily.jpg
44 KB, 364x561
This one is interesting too. Making your own purpose works til you get bored of it then you are just as list as ever. Should you make a plan B? Like I really wanna study math but if I get bored I'll just read? I don't see anything outside of the absurd though. We search for answers in a world where there are none. You could live in the moment and duck shit up with friends but its fleeting. You could just continue to search for some sort of epistemological truth but philosophy appears to be at a standstill. Empirically the best course of action to find more answers would be to increase your own inteligence one way or another or buy yourself more time to search. However that won't gurantee anything. We have knowledge of how the universe was before how long after the big bang? What if its just some cruel asymptotal joke and we'll never get there? How do you reconcile meaning with an infinite universe where there are so many other potential "yous." Then there is whether or not there is even a self...
There is an unfathomable tall mountain. Do you attempt to climb it or stay at the bottom?
>>
>>25886765
Try to think of something you like or would like doing. That is your purpose, thats what is going to prevent you from Getting depressed.
>>
File: 1450838555385.jpg (878 KB, 2000x2800) Image search: [Google]
1450838555385.jpg
878 KB, 2000x2800
>>25888063
The Stranger is the other one people talk about. I can't really help you much beyond that, I gotta read Schopenhauer and I might check out Sartre.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.