[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you call websites Like buzzfeed, huffington post and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: BuzzFeed-1.jpg (24 KB, 782x285) Image search: [Google]
BuzzFeed-1.jpg
24 KB, 782x285
What do you call websites Like buzzfeed, huffington post and all those slew of women dominated websites that post articles like "top ten reason you should date a tall guy."

Are they clickbait? Is clickbait more specific then that, I always thought it was just those articles you see at the bottom of websites that redirect you like three links.
>>
The future of news.
>>
Clickbait.

Original comment
>>
Journalist started calling them "Listicles". An article that's full of shitty gifs or lists. Most people despise them.
They are designed to get female clicks
>>
Horrible, shit sites that should be destroyed.
original comment
>>
File: sayyedqutb.jpg (21 KB, 232x324) Image search: [Google]
sayyedqutb.jpg
21 KB, 232x324
This is why Al-Qaeda hit the wrong people with Charlie Hebdo. I would literally cheer if they did it to these faggots
>>
That all counts as clickbait. Clickbait is designed to get you to click on it simply to get ad revenue for the website, so articles usually have controversial or "interesting" headlines but very little actual content beyond the ramblings of someone who couldn't find a real job with their humanities major.

There's another term for the list-type articles you referred to, it's "listicle"

But I'd call it all bullshit. The only useful part of those articles is that their prevalence indicates that they're successful, which means humanity is dumb, which feeds right into my misanthropy, which I consider a positive personality trait.
>>
"X is doing Y, and its Z"
>>
>>25880393
Cucksites
>>
If I were to make one of these sites and slowly turn it into a misogynist, robot-friendly propaganda site, would you guys give it hits so it could take off?
It would basically go from "Top 10 reasons neckbeards suck" to "Top 10 reasons women suck"
>>
File: wakemeup.png (72 KB, 378x371) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.png
72 KB, 378x371
>>25880393
it's called making money off serving advertisements to normies, which granted is most of the internet

>go on their page
>click a random """"""""""""""article""""""""""""""
>30 ads blocked
>>
I'd give you hits senpai
>>
>>25880393
specifically, aggregators. but aggregators with clickbaited titles.
>>
>>25880908
How is that original comment not original?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.