[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else here has a hobby they really like (not anime and videogames
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1438228383339.jpg (87 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1438228383339.jpg
87 KB, 500x484
who else here has a hobby they really like (not anime and videogames those are not hobbies) but instead of doing them and getting better you waste all your time on 4chan?
>>
No, I have no hobbies or skills or interests.

I just want to hug a cute girl while she stabs me in the stomach and I bleed out and die.
>>
>>25875443
i sail, but since i cant do that in winter i 4chan. does that count?
>>
>>25875526
sailing is a pretty comfy hobby anon
got any tips on making a living off it?
>>
I make music, I've gotten pretty decent but I'm too inconsistent to turn it into anything profitable.
>>
I like making music and I have been doing it quite a bit but nowadays I just feel like everything I do is shit and I give up.
>>
>>25875557
uhh making a living? idk i just sailed my entire life so i guess ive never stopped. its like riding a bike you never forget. you could be professional but none of us robits are that good. more practical would be to teach sailing or to captain for richfags who cant sail buts still that requires certification n shit. desu its really only good for self enjoyment. i like it because its very soothing and allows one to calm themselves, not to sound like a fag but it makes me feel like im one with the ocean and can let go of everything because so long as im on my boat thats all that matters the land problems stay on land and im free to just relax and enjoy myself.
>>
>>25875711

have you ever done any ship to land exploring? whats your sleep schedule like when sailing?
>>
>>25875443
I tried getting into Yugioh
My brain is kind of slow ever since late highschool though so I'm not really great at it
Now I'm taking medication for anxiety and depression, so it's probably even worse now
I want my brain to go back to normal so I can play Yugioh well with other people ;_;
>>
I enjoy shooting.

Used to go with my uncle but he lost interest. Now I have no transport, so I can't get to the range.
>>
>>25875443
I've actually been street skateboarding for 6 years. 4chan reminds me how much I hate myself which leads to me trying to skate handrails more often.
>>
>>25875953
i sail an e-scow (~25') so its not an overnight type of boat. but do anchor out and my friends and i will just kinda sit on a beach and get drunk all day just relaxing, but i dont really do any exploring. i have rented a 44ft cat a few times to do overnight sailing but its such a pain in the ass i prefer to stick to <30 ft boats. i used to own a laser which i loved cuz u didnt need a crew, but on the flip side sailing is a great hobby to share with friends especially since only 1 person needs to know how to sail on a small boat like an e-scow.
>>
I like playing the violin but I'm still a beginner and the learning curve is very discouraging
I like making origami but I'm not smart enough to do most models available online
I like gardening but it's the dead of winter and I can only do so much for my indoor cacti
I like drawing but I'm terrible at it
I like sewing but I'm too poor right now to afford materials

I might as well make a hobby out of making excuses
>>
I like writing, specifically screenplays. I get discouraged though because I'll feel really inspired, hammer out a couple pages, then read it and find out it's shit and delete it all. This has happened way more often than I feel comfortable with.

I also like to read philosophy, and a goal of mine is to actually write a book about my own philosophy that takes influence from various schools and thinkers, but I don't think I've read enough to really do that yet and there are so many philosophers to read that it feels a little overwhelming.
>>
>>25876184
>sailor here
hey man just cuz ur not good who cares? hobbies are about personal enjoyment and fufillment. if ur doing a hobby to impress/for other people its not a good hobby. drawing is a great hobby and for that matter a cheap one. i bought a coloring book the other day. also reading is a great hobby but books can be alittle pricey if ur plowing thru them. dont give up on hobbies they are what make life great even when everything else isnt
>>
>>25876251
Have you got anyone else to read your screenplays? Maybe you're too critical and negative and someone else would think they are good or at least give some feedback.
>>
File: Leia.jpg (813 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
Leia.jpg
813 KB, 1920x2560
>>25876268
I actually just got a coloring book and some crayons today. I figured it would be comfier since I'm so hard on myself when I'm drawing. Thanks for all of the encouragement. I won't give up on my hobbies, and I certainly won't do them for anyone but myself. I guess I'm just waiting until I'm in a better mental state to pursue them fully.

>>25876512
This, you should share it with a few people and get some objective advice. It could be great and you're just being too hard on yourself.
>>
>>25876512
>>25876574
I definitely am overly critical, but I don't feel comfortable letting anyone read them until I'm finished with it and at least more happy than disappointed with how it turns out (seeing as I know there will be some things I won't like about it). Everything I write is really personal to me and is embedded with some part of my personality or some thing that I felt needed to be expressed, and I really don't think I could handle not presenting it as best as I can or someone telling me that something that is essentially a mirror of myself is garbage. Still, I do plan to show what I'm currently working on with a good friend once it's done. I know what I really need to work on is dialog so I've been secretly recording conversations I have in real life in hopes of getting some strong idea of realistic and diverse dialog.
>>
I like drawing, great time sink. Not a big passion, though, kinda learned myself because I needeed something to do in class. Tons of people like them, but I don't feel like I'm a great artist in any way. I'd post something for you fags to rip apart, but I rarely save anything I do. I mostly give them away or trash them

I also play drums, but I'm very much a beginner, and with the advent of so much school shit I haven't played in weeks
>>
>>25876787
Maybe you could show it to someone anonymously online? That way they can't judge your personality or whatever you're afraid of.
>>
>>25876887
Adding to this I also like working with Arduino stuff. Discovered it because one of my classes in uni was mostly about it and the based teacher let me borrow a small kit with some beginner stuff. Unfortonately I had to return all the material by the end of the semester but I already ordered online a bunch of electrical components and an Arduino so I can keep developing small circuits and stuff.
>>
>>25876921
That's the thing though, any criticism of my writing is a criticism of my personal self. I know that this is something that real artists have to just sack up and deal with but I'm not comfortable enough with my skill level to be that confident. One day I'll get there, I just need to stop spending so much time on mongolian poster making forums.

For what it's worth though, I did share some ideas with my friend and he said it was an interesting take on the topic and that the way I plan on telling the story is engaging, so I'm at least not gonna scrap the idea. In fact, I think this thread has actually inspired me to put some work in tonight.
>>25875985
I play Yugioh on DevPro but don't know anyone in real life that plays so I don't actually have a deck or anything. If you ever want to play online and maybe test a deck and practice though my kik is Eric0661 and if I'm on my computer I'm probably not doing much of anything important.
>>
bump
originalbumpbloxbloxblox
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.