[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw runner's high Where my exercise bros at?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: tmp_3037-images(10)1484231449.jpg (20 KB, 533x477) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3037-images(10)1484231449.jpg
20 KB, 533x477
>mfw runner's high
Where my exercise bros at?
>>
>>25862735
Best high, also only high I experience.
How many miles was it? Feel free to use kilometers.
>tfw you can walk up the stairs several times without feeling tired.
I have come a long way.
>>
File: thatfeelrunning.jpg (39 KB, 929x526) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelrunning.jpg
39 KB, 929x526
>>25862735

I need that feel again. It's been awhile
>>
>>25862815
Just cracked 5ks in 20 minutes, no competitive level but its improvement. Yeah I know what you mean, I remember the first time I ran a kilometer without having to gasp through my mouth, best feeling.
>>
>>25862906
>5ks
Decent, as long as you see yourself improving. Good luck with those lung/endurance gains.
>>25862878
Do it brah.
>>
File: 1389285841653.jpg (81 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1389285841653.jpg
81 KB, 419x480
>>25862735
I'm still 22, but I remember doing cross country in high school. I was an awkward chubby kid during it, only standing at 5'6". I always felt slow, incapable, and out of shape.

Nowadays I run for the thrill of leaving mortals behind as a 6'3", 60% legs, human gazelle.

Exercise helps me with my depression too. It's just hard to keep it up sometimes.
>>
>>25862735
Might go back to running from weightlifting. Cardio seems to have a much better endorphin release than weightlifting.
>>
>>25863220
Really? I always felt better with a full body pump.

Also bump, exercise the best
>>
>tfw runner's low at the moment because ankle pain that refuses to go away

I really enjoy running so it bothers me more than it should.
>>
Fuck I miss those days.

I lift now and do sprints. Lifting makes me feel good but less of a euphoria and more of a confidence. Sprinting just makes me feel like shit but it's just so good for everything else.
>>
Started hitting the gym again guys! Feels pretty good but I hate that I see a few people from my HS there sometimes and am forced to interact
>tfw they ask what I do
>am NEET
it's the only good gym here so there's no escape. I just want to lift in peace
>>
>>25864137
Try biking or swimming. They're low stress on joints.
>>
File: comfy street.jpg (619 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
comfy street.jpg
619 KB, 1280x853
>tfw jogging through the snow and listening to Chopin on your phone

Try it sometime robots
>>
File: 1452489131890.png (4 KB, 224x217) Image search: [Google]
1452489131890.png
4 KB, 224x217
>>25862735
>tfw you used to run cross country in middle school and had a 5:30 mile
>middle school

guys, after being an edgy teen and smoking for 3 years, idk how to into running again.

I can go up a flight of stairs okay, but running for a parking lot length winds me a little. I start breathing hard, at least.

Any tips?
>>
hey experts, where do i get started on exercise/fitness?
>>
ayo, anyone else get /anklepain/ or /kneepain/ around the 6k mark?

can't stay lit too much longer than that but end up doing 10k anyway, injuring myself to the point where i'm limping the next day

bought some ankle wrap and a knee stabilizer, while that do the trick f a m s? i wanna fly again
>>
>>25864308
Whatever you're comfortable with my man. How much movement do you do a day if you don't mind my asking? I'm sure if you took extra measures to get more movement in your day every day you could definitely get the results you want.
>>
>>25864335
You got a heat cream for that my man? Even an ice pack would be a good thing to do after a days jog. Rubbing in anti inflammation cream before and after your jog helps me minimize cramping and shit
>>
>>25864368
thanks, i do have some and i'll try this
>>
>>25864347
my level of exercise is basically zero. should i just go out and hit a running track until i crap out? i hear al lot about how great you feel after exercise / mental benefits and all, wouldn't mind getting in on that
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.