[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ please help me My parents are forcing me to leave and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: ss+(2016-01-19+at+05.03.34).jpg (199 KB, 949x712) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-19+at+05.03.34).jpg
199 KB, 949x712
/r9k/ please help me

My parents are forcing me to leave and go to uni house next year, but they know I'm useless and I'd die without someone looking after me so they've put me in a catered hall of residence.
I just got the email saying that I'll be in one of these rooms next year. Too high demand for single rooms, apparently.
A fucking year of sharing a room. I can't do it. I can't even leave and go flatting either, since I'll lose my deposit.
I've written a response email, could r9k please see if they could make it better to improve my chances of getting out of a twinshare room? (the social anxiety part is bullshit, but saying that I was diagnosed depressed wouldn't work as well as social anxity)

"Hey Carl

This is EXTREMELY bad news for me. Beyond bad.
I am not someone who likes to share a room, or be around people for too long. I need privacy. I cannot stress this enough. I can't even be around my closest friends for longer than a day. So the news that I'm going to be sharing a room for an entire year has hit me like a ton of bricks.

I'm not exactly the most social person. I can get along with people if I try, but I always prefer being alone. When I was in highschool, I was diagnosed with social anxiety. I'm better now, but that is because I've had a gap year not to be around people. The thought of sharing a room for a year makes me feel ill. I would want to leave and go flatting, but I couldn't because of the money that I'd lose from leaving the halls of residence.

I understand that I'm not the only one who has drawn the short straw, and emails like mine are a dime a dozen. But I'm begging you, please make an exception for me. I honestly can't share a room for a year. It would kill me inside.

Anon"
>>
>>25857861
He won't do anything and if he does it will be something worse than nothing being done at all. Sending that email is like asking for someone to ruin your life.

Normies hate you. You need to get that through your skull. On average, 95% people will want to actively ruin your life through any means necessary (5% will feel apathetic). Is "Carl" your RA or someone involved with dorms? Make absolutely no mistake: Everyone will know if you send this email. Every person living in that dorm will not just suspect you're a freak; they will know.

I had a roommate for a year. He hated me because I never left. Can't blame him. I shouldn't have lived with someone else. Your parents probably think living with a normal person will force you into a normie lifestyle. I don't think it will. Your best bet is waiting until 2nd semester and begging them for an off campus apartment with at least single rooms/bathrooms, even if you need rommates. Robots actually make okay/good flatmates if the others just want rent money.
>>
>>25858130
I am 100% certain that this guy wouldn't share this email, he'd get fired
>>
>>25857861
This will be a learning experience for you, you horrible little princess.
>>
white men are so weak
>>
>>25858258
Of course he won't share it. He'll just fucking tell everyone you're a fucking pathetic loser. He will probably tell them to be nice to you because you're a fucking sperg then pat himself on the pack for his pro communication skills.
>>
>>25857861
Single rooms are only reserved for people with genuine diagnosis of things like aspergers syndrome (myself included).
>>
>>25858332
>>25858358
would you two seriously want to live in that fucking thing for over $350 a week rent?

>>25858370
he'd get fired for that also

>>25858384
so what you're saying is to press that I'm a autist?
>>
>>25858452
>>he'd get fired for that also

Okay, good luck.
>>
>>25857861
>This is EXTREMELY bad news for me. Beyond bad.
>I am not someone who likes to share a room, or be around people for too long. I need privacy. I cannot stress this enough. I can't even be around my closest friends for longer than a day. So the news that I'm going to be sharing a room for an entire year has hit me like a ton of bricks.
Way too dramatic, makes you sound childish
>>
>>25858452
No. University's will typically reserve the single rooms for people who have been diagnosed with something that makes them eligible for extra help and services.

For example I went through my doctors office who were able to reserve me a single room on medical grounds. Its first come first serve for everyone else.
>>
>>25857861
>>This is EXTREMELY bad news for me. Beyond bad.

Don't write this. It will make you seem incredibly histrionic. Just ask if there are any single rooms available, and what the cost would be. Don't reveal all about how devastated you are, that's not how business is conducted.
>>
>>25858542
>>25858648
I'll reword it a bit. Even though I understand asking more, professionally for lack of a better word, would read better but that wont get me anywhere because I dont think it would stand out among the other emails he'd get. Here's the email I was replying to.

>A Set Studio is a twin share studio with a dividing wall in the middle for privacy. We have noted this was your second choice on your preferences that we received, and due to the high demand for single rooms we were unable to provide the first choice.

"due to the high demand for single rooms we were unable to provide the first choice." was because it's either a standard single, twin share, or a overpriced as hell single studio
>>
>>25857861
you can just fap to anime in the bathroom m8.
>>
Is this better?

"Hey Carl

I can't say I'm happy with this news. All my excitement and anticipation I've had for the past year for moving to Wellington has just turned to ash.

I am the complete opposite of the type of person to share a room. I need privacy. I cannot stress this enough. Sharing a room with someone would be a nightmare for me. So the news that I'm going to be sharing a room for an entire year has hit me like a ton of bricks. I would want to leave and go flatting, but I couldn't because of the money that I'd lose from leaving the halls of residence.

A standard single, or a standard studio, anything where I'm not sharing a room, would be astronomically better.

I understand that I'm not the only one who has drawn the short straw, and emails like mine are a dime a dozen. But please, please make an exception for me. I won't be able share a room for a year. It would kill me inside.

Anon"

>>25858801
communal bathrooms also
>>
>>25858822

It's better, but

>I can't say I'm happy with this news. All my excitement and anticipation I've had for the past year for moving to Wellington has just turned to ash.

is just over the top.

"Hey Carl

Thanks for your email.

I'm not really used to sharing a room. I work a lot better with privacy. Sharing a room with someone would be very difficult for me long term. I would want to leave and go flatting, but Wellington housing being what it is, this would be very expensive.

A standard single, or a standard studio, anything where I'm not sharing a room, would be astronomically better.

I understand that I'm not the only one who has drawn the short straw, and emails like mine are a dime a dozen. But please, if you could consider making an exception for me. I won't be able share a room for a year. It would interfere most severely with my studies.

Anon"

Also, Victoria University weakling. Why don't you come up here to Auckland, we'll make a man of you!
>>
>>25858933
Thanks man I appreciate this

To be fair, "All my excitement and anticipation I've had for the past year for moving to Wellington has just turned to ash." is completely spot on, I'm not lying about that part. Think I'd be all good leaving it in?

Auckland is chink town bro, I don't want to be a minority
nah I just like Wellington, think it's a nice city, plus I have friends there. To be fair I live in Hamilton so I think any city that isnt here is nice
>>
>>25858452
Your parents are paying for it, who cares.
>>
>>25859181
I'd be paying for the extra
>>
>>25859087
>is completely spot on
Dude you could write a novel about your feelings about this development that is spot on as well, but that would be just as off-putting and unnecessary.

Anon's edited email comes across as very scholarly and gets your point across well. Adding the "would interfere severely with my studies" is great too., because that's the #1 reason for fucking going there.

Don't add the ash shit.
>>
>>25859343
OK, but I added
"would interfere severely with my studies and mental wellbeing"
cause fuck I understand why the roof access is blocked off cause cunts like me who get thrown in a twinshare room would jump off
>>
If nothing works out for you in the end, don't you think this will be a good learning experience? You will be thrown into the deep end and will force you to adapt socially.
>>
>>25859087
Dont leave it there. You sound like a drama queen, the decision of letting you have the single room should be for something rational,not because they gona hurt your feelings
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-19+at+06.36.23).png (17 KB, 1728x183) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-19+at+06.36.23).png
17 KB, 1728x183
So final copy? THanks for the help by the way guys
>>
OP relax.

Just be yourself. You roommate will hate you, think you're fucking weird as fuck and do everything he can to avoid you.
If you're always home that means he has to leave.
It's not so bad.
>>
>>25859617
This is terrible.
Leave in the part about having social anxiety. You want to sound as helpless and difficult as possible.
Almost all the advice in this thread has been shit.
>>
>>25859617
Yeah >>25859680 is right. You sound like you just don't want to share a room. Carl will be like "Who cares, suck it up". You need to sound like you CAN'T share a room.
>>
>>25857861
Hey just be an atheist bigger you ducking like hey hey tbqh senpai lol lol top kek
>>
>>25857861
The lazy dog makes out friends top kek senpai friend p porcupine
>>
>>25859650
>Just be yourself.

>>25859680
>>25859692
So my original one?
>>
>>25859741
Yeah your original one makes you sound a bit mental, which is good.
>>
>>25859741
Try this

Dear Carl,

Thank you for your email.

The news that I have been allocated a shared room concerns me deeply. I have gender identity issues, and I fear I may be transgender. I need a safe, private space to explore my gender identity. It's absolutely essential for my mental health.

I need a private room Carl. If not for me, then for the sake of the person who would be sharing with me.

I would like to ask you very sincerely to please reconsider. Or alternatively return my deposit so that I can find a private room in a flat where I can dress in female attire safely, without disturbing or deranging another person.

Thank you,

Stephanie
>>
>>25858542
This your best bet is to be PROFESSIONAL AND TO THE POINT
Then following it up once a week asking if any open rooms have become available
Sharing a room is honestly not that bad its CHEAPER which youll appreciate later and if you dont have to share the bathroom with more than 2 people its all good
>>
>>25859807
Or this if you have no pride at all
>>
>>25859692
this
ococoocococoococo
>>
Ive got a idea, since I see the benefits for a well structured email and a pity, Im a autist, email.

I'll send the nice one first, then if that doesnt work I'll send the mental one; add some shit like "I can sleep anymore Im so worried" etc etc

Would this please both pro professional email and mental email robots?
>>
>>25857861
One girl is being a stacy
And the other is waiting for next in line dude so she too can be a stacy
Everbodys a stacy
>>
>>25859877
You need to plead tranny. It's your only hope
>>
>>25859877
No. Just send one email. Put everything you need to say in one email. Explain social anxiety, your need to have alone time, etc etc.
Once you get a response respond to that. Don't plan shit in advance you don't know how they'll react or respond.

Don't give them reasons to deny you in your own argument. Remove anything like "I know these emails are a dime a dozen."
That just sounds like brown nosing bullshit. He still has to read all these emails regardless of how sorry you are for bugging him.
It's like complaining about the store clerk having to work on christmas while you're in their line.

Say your piece, don't try to sympathize with the reader just say your piece, and see how they respond. Then after you've read the response start working on your second email IF you need to send one.
>>
>>25859741
Its a bet really, it depend of Carl. In >>25859617 letter you sound very rational but there isnt any strong argument.If you include mental illness I personaly believe you gona sound too dramatic or indulged but you gona have an argument.
>>
>>25859943
What I got from this post was to make a email, including that I have social anxiety and all that, but say it in a well structured, professional manner?

Also tranny email will only be used in a last resort
>>
You know you could just rent a room in the area for that price. You'd have roommates but a bedroom of tour own.

Getting to school shouldn't be an issue if you use a bike or public transportation.

There, problem solved
>>
>>25860037
parents wanted me in a catered hall, plus my deposit is already in so can't do that
>>
Don't they make you do a roommate form? Make sure you request to be put on a quiet floor. I fucked this part up and got placed with the normiest normies of all normie times
>>
.....But what do you think its to share a room? I have share rooms even without those walls and really dont talk to much to these guy.

Im sorry OP but normaly in these stage of the life these things happend so these ll not be your only problem. Get over it
>>
>>25860023
Imma take your first draft and tweak what I think needs to be tweaked.

"Hello Carl,

This is extremely bad news for me.

I am not someone who can be around people for too long. I need privacy. I cannot stress this enough. I can't even be around my closest friends for longer than a day. So the news that I'm going to be sharing a room for an entire year has hit me like a ton of bricks.

I'm not exactly the most social person. In high school I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder. I worked really hard to get to a level where I can handle some basic interaction, but the thought of sharing a room for a year makes me feel ill. If I had the option I would want to leave and go flatting, but I simply can't afford that.

If there's any chance for me to move into a private room I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,
Anon"

Feel free to edit words, terms, and common vernacular as needed.
>>
>>25860077
yeah I requested to be put in a standard single room, on a alcohol free floor.

>>25859943
This?

Hey Carl

Thanks for your email.

I'm not used to sharing a room. I work a lot better with privacy. Since highschool, I've had bad social anxiety. The cure for that then was to retreat to my room where I could be alone. I couldnt do that in a twinshare room.
Sharing a room with someone would be extremely difficult for me long term. I would want to leave and go flatting, but that isnt an option anymore since I have already put my deposit in.

In addition to me not enjoying living in close proximity with others, I've heard I'm not the greatest roommate. I have tried to change this, but I tend to get agitated and rude when I spend a decent amount of time with someone. So me in a twinshare room wouldn't just be bad for me, it wouldnt be good on my potential roommate. I wouldn't want him to have to put up with the worst side of me.

Please, if you could consider making an exception for me. I won't be able share a room for a year. I would go back to how I was in highschool (I was in a very dark place in my head), and although I hope I would be able to be kind to my roommate, my after only a few weeks I couldn't hold up the facade.

It would interfere most severely with my studies and mental wellbeing, so a standard single, or a standard studio, anything where I'm not sharing a room, would be astronomically better.

Sincerely,
anon
>>
>>25860313

Not the other guy, but I was put up for a twin in my university and I got out of it with a Doctor's note. It didn't even claim that I had a mental disease, just that I needed to be put into a single because I had anxiety and bad study habits,

When it comes from a doctor, the administration gets nervous because there can be legal consequences for not honoring the request (although not really). Your parents don't seem super-cool, but perhaps they'd be willing to ask your doctor.
>>
>>25860447
Nah they are alright, even though I may have spoken of them in a bad light in this thread.

If this email doesnt work, I'll go to my old therapist or something and see if I can get a note. Thanks dude
>>
>>25860313
the word "diagnosed" needs to be in there.
Make sure you include that a doctor has diagnosed you with social anxiety. Don't just make it sound like you are trying to weasel out of a shared room.
>>
>>25860532
"Since highschool, I've been diagnosed with social anxiety."

changed, thanks it does sound better
>>
>>25860550
>I've been diagnosed
Only state this if you can back up such a claim with medical records.

capcha anal museform
>>
>>25860598
I've been diagnosed with depression, I'll just say social anxiety because my depression was caused my social anxiety
>>
>>25860624
throw it all in. Depression and social anxiety. Mental illness is the new trump card.
They don't want a suicidal or homicidal college student on the run.
>>
>>25860624
Ok, just letting you know that they do in fact check up on these claims and will take it very seriously.
>>
>>25860662
Although you're right about mental illness is the new trump card, I dont think I can swindle in saying Im depressive without making a new paragraph where all it is is saying Im a depressed cunt
>>
>>25859807
This is your key OP.
>>
>>25857861
"Hey Carl

Fuck you Carl.

Nobody really liked you anyway. It's all fake smiles and laughs.

Fuck you man."
>>
>>25859807
THIS, OP

Nobody would dare to refuse such a request.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.