[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for overweight and obese people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: microHIIT.jpg (195 KB, 940x1330) Image search: [Google]
microHIIT.jpg
195 KB, 940x1330
Is your existence physically painful? There's always talk about the mental and emotional struggles of being above a healthy BMI but I rarely hear of the physical distress. What's it like having everyday be a physical struggle? Why isn't the physical pain enough for you to start eating better and exercising? I understand the motivational problems but I'd think there'd be a point where you just need to change.

Also, anon, you don't have to lose weight for people. If not for society, friends, and even yourself, then get better for your own physical body. You don't have to become a super model, but just enough to let the heart and body slow down and start working at a normal pace again. I wish you a great journey if you decide to try losing weight.
>>
The pain of excercise is the best part desu
>>
>>25840800
The satisfaction from post-exercise is great. The worst part is realizing you're a fat fuck when your clothes don't fit you anymore and you check the scales and find you really let yourself go.

I've lost 2kg so far, been slow, but I hope I'll make it.
>>
>>25840800
that workout will literally do nothing for you. Just go running instead
>>
File: blob.jpg (34 KB, 400x365) Image search: [Google]
blob.jpg
34 KB, 400x365
>>25840800
>Be me
>Used to be really fat
>Could lean back against the fat on my back like a pillow in my computer chair
>Got my shit together
>Now almost down to healthy weight
>Can't sit in the same position anymore since I now no longer have my fat pillow
Only physical change I've noticed 2bh.
>>
>Tfw worked up to regularly running 30 minutes a day
>Dropped it during exams, started (poorly) working out instead
>Can barely run 15 minutes now

Not fat though :^)
>>
>be me
>gain weight
>19 stone at 6'
>sweat profusely after walking to college
>really fucking uncomfortable
>ankles hurt when i walk
>clothes yellow with dirt around the collar and arm pits most days
>hurts chest when i run
>start exercising and dieting
.down to 14 stone
>feel great, more agile, joints feel like mechanical joints that have been sprayed with lubricant
>hurt knee when working
>year later, gain weight
>knee hurts again
>start cycling to work
>knee pain goes again
>lift weight
>get bigger but more muscular
>start getting strongman physique
>bit more of a pain to move around but feel quite healthy, no joint or breathing pain
>clothes dont really fit and its awkward as fuck to move in them but cant buy more
>>
>>25840800
Do not do pic related. It's fucking horrible and you'll lose all motivation in a week. Better go to gym or swimming or running for 30+ minutes than do one of these "5-10 minutes a day" shits. These fuckers are hard to follow for longer than 2 days and will absolutely not have the results you'd expect from such an annoying piece of shit program.
>>
>>25840800
You should have skipped all the bullshit and just said fat hate thread.
>>
>>25840800
5'9.5" and 146 pounds, probably 18% body fat? i need to lose another 10-12 pounds of fat before i start weight lifting and bulking. i'm pretty disgusted with myself.

18 months ago i was 180 pounds. i knew i was chubby. 13 months ago i was 210 pounds. i knew i was fat but i didn't really process it until i looked at pictures of myself. i guess i'm trying to say that when you get depressed, you tend not to pay attention to yourself.
>>
>>25842184
Maybe that was a bad example but she has other stuff too. Moderate 30 day programs.
>>
I was 439 pounds at one point and life was extremely physically difficult. I was always out of breath and even the simplest tasks would make me tired.

I'm currently down to 335, and even though I'm still fat, life is so much easier. I have so much more mobility. I cheated though and had gastric bypass but I still exercise 6 days a week and eat heathy.

I fee bad for obese people who lose a large amount of weight on their own, since the odds of keeping the weight off long term is around 5 percent without medical intervention.
>>
>>25840800

it's not starting, it's the wall you hit about a week or two in, where you don't see any change and feel WORSE than when you were guzzling soda and junk food, makes you give up
>>
>>25840800
>there'd be a point where you just need to change

sugar is a more addictive drug than fucking crack, and the withdrawal is brutal, you feel like trash for two weeks
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.