[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You faggots realise you have created a pretend caste system right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 44
File: R9K Caste.png (135 KB, 1442x2480) Image search: [Google]
R9K Caste.png
135 KB, 1442x2480
You faggots realise you have created a pretend caste system right? You're all privileged assholes who suffered from shitty parenting and you wanked all your courage away.
>>
As far as first world countries go I'm not that privileged
>>
>>25823547
>pretend
wut

are you denying the existence of social rejects and socially successful people?
>>
File: 1.jpg (852 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
852 KB, 1600x1200
>privileged
But I'm poor, alcoholic and come from a broken home. On top of that I'm from Eastern Europe.

Check your fucking privilege, normalscum.
>>
>>25823589
You have internet access and have thus far had enough food to survive. You're privileged mate
>>
>>25823667
>durrrrr first world problems

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>25823667
ah yes, the old

>there exist people worse off than you, so you shouldn't be unhappy at all

fallacy.
>>
>>25823667
>as far as first world countries go
>>
>>25823664
romania/10
>>
File: 1421469762560.png (201 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
1421469762560.png
201 KB, 354x367
>>25823667
>"You have internet access"
There are homeless people in New York with Internet access, implying this equals privilege is a null point when almost everyone who lives in a first world country has it.
>"thus far had enough food to survive"
This is an even more retarded point, if there is a starving boy in Africa (the poster boy for no privilege) who has had enough food so far to survive, is he privileged?

You're an insufferable idiot and you need to stop posting.
>>
>>25823762
Bulgaria actually. But I guess it's the same shit in the end of the day.
>>
File: 1426545199529.png (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1426545199529.png
8 KB, 400x400
If its pretend, why is there a diagram of it?
>>
>>25823667
>Using priviliged
>the good old first world problems shit

So here is why your logic is bullshit

Lets say there is a homeless man who is starving, and there will be a blizzard soon.

He will freeze to death soon.

Now lets say there is a girl that got her limbs removed and became a living onahole.

So with your logic, that mans problems are suddenly meaningless because she is worse off than him.
>>
File: 1452946960135.jpg (636 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
1452946960135.jpg
636 KB, 600x590
The problem is none of you are worth loving and nitpicking away at why people are the way they doesn't change that.
Yeah, normies are garbage, but in the 4 years that I've been on /r9k/, I've learned that so are most of you.
>>
>>25823834
I like this comment. You're funny.
>>
File: 65GZwg.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
65GZwg.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>25823903 mah nigga :3
>>
>>25823903
The guys on r9k who are garbage are mostly normies. True robots are enlightened human beings filled with either true compassion or despair.
>>
>>25823903
We're not to blame.

They made me this way.

They laughed at me when I tried to talk to them.

They lied to me.

They betrayed me.

And when I become sick of all of it, they just call me a bitter asshole who just needs to loosen up.

Just put a smile on and be nice to them.
>>
>>25823834
I made the diagram to demonstrate its bullshitness
>>
>>25824036
>Makes accurate diagram
>Says it doesn't exist

Newsflash, even if it didn't exist, you just willed it into existence, thank you.
>>
>>25824036
I don't really see the point you're making in that diagram.

You're just stating what we have been stating for a while now.
>>
>>25824034
Are you ugly? Fat? Autistic sperglord? A bitter asshole?
>>
>>25824111
It's laughable simplicity and it's similarity to the caste system. You guys have created a barrier to your own success, when if you just introspected and attempted real self improvement, you'd be happy.
>>
>>25824036

even if it didn't exist before it is now a thing because you made it a thing
your chart is saved in thousands of computers all over the world now
>>
>>25824202
That makes me oddly proud
>>
>>25824156
Uh huh.

So uh normie, why are you trying to give us advice on shit you don't know anything about?
>>
File: I wish I was at my villa.png (110 KB, 892x671) Image search: [Google]
I wish I was at my villa.png
110 KB, 892x671
I know, right? Next time my slave complains that I let my nephew fuck his wife and sister against their will, I will just fucking crucify him. I am fucking tired of him complaining.

>"Master, the hooks on the end of your flog cut into my flesh!"
Check your fucking privilege, I could have sent you to the fucking mines, there are slaves out there who will go their entire three year working lives in iron and gold mines.

Fucking entitled little shit.
>>
>>25823850
> girl that got her limbs removed and became a living onahole.
This is my fetish. The Youmu one is my favorite
>>
File: 1453068390639.png (367 KB, 4009x2480) Image search: [Google]
1453068390639.png
367 KB, 4009x2480
>>25823547

you chart is wrong
ftfy
>>
>>25824156
>le self improvement meme
What if we don't consider it an improvement? Why should we give a fuck about vapid shit and parties? And for those of us with actual autism, why should we force ourselves to endure overstimulation of our senses in the form of loud music and bright colors just because you fucking normies think that shit is fun?
>>
>>25824023
Not really. Failed normies make up most of the board now, and honestly have made up most of the board pre-deletion and post-deletion. Before the robot/frog & feels culture took over it was basically a pretentious /b/. I'll agree there are some genuinely beautiful and damaged souls that float in on occasion but they're drowned out by bitter idiots that only come here to shitpost or reinforce their awful worldviews in self-pity circlejerks and refuse to see any other kind of light past the bleak irresponsible idiocy they've deluded themselves with.
"True robots" are failed normalfags set in their ways that don't wish to change but instead seek blind comforts just like the normalfags that they despise and have become alienated from. Instead of becoming ubermenschen, they become pathetic wretches of men. A robot by definition is not enlightened as he does only what he is programmed to do, and what he does isn't admirable by any stretch of the admiration.
>>
>>25824309
>"ftfy"
>nigga
>>
>>25824389

fuck off normie, I bet you're not even a virgin
>>
>>25824389
"ftfy" has been on 4chan longer than you, newfag.
>>
>>25823664
look at the beautiful hills in the back though.
>>
>>25823714
The idea is you take stock of what you have gone through and what you are doing and analyze how it has come to be as such and what you can do with yourself to improve your situation and move on with your life since you are unhappy with it. If your first reaction is "that may be so, BUT WHAT ABOUT ME", it either means you lack the intelligence to properly take stock of the context of your life or are just a shitty person.
It's not to guilt you into feeling sorry for anybody else. It's to get you to break out of your self-contained shell and realize your life may not be as bad as you seem to think it is.
>>
>>25823903
The only reason we are garbage is because the normies; who are also garbage made us this way.
>>
>>25824857
>its not MY fault, its someone elses
This is why you're a retard searching for personal relevancy online.
Take some responsibility for yourself.
>>
>>25824857
So what exactly have I done that resulted in you being garbage?
>>
>developmental disorders don't exist
>mood disorders don't exist
>personality disorders don't exist

Okay, normie. You're the privileged one if you've made it this far in life without ever having to encounter those things.
>>
>>25824857
You're right anon, it's literally everyone elses fault you made fucking shit decisions with your life, and never truly pushed yourself.
>>
>>25825005
John Wayne Gacy "pushed himself" you shitlicking cunt, fuck off
>>
File: Untitled.png (5 KB, 835x197) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5 KB, 835x197
>>25825004
>developmental disorders can't be treated
>mood disorders can't be treated
>personality disorders can't be treated
>its everyone else's fault I choose to wallow in my mental illness instead of having the willpower to step out of my petty comforts and make a long-lasting change in my own life for my own benefit
>>
>>25825095
John Wayne Gacy was a pathetic shitheel that reveled in his mentality and inflicted his pain upon others because he was a sick cunt.
Stop being a little bitch waiting for someone to come along and justify your pathetic excuse for a life.
>>
>>25825113
Treatment doesn't mean cure, anon. Some disorders are genetic, others need to be treated in childhood or it's not possible. Many sufferers struggle through their whole lives with medications, therapies, etc. There is no magic pill.

The world isn't black and white like normies like to imagine.

The Secret isn't real m8. Willpower is not enough in the real world.
>>
>>25823547
>created

ayyyyyyy

No, we recognize what is before us. We've created nothing but dank memes. Genetics creates winners and losers, most of us were merely born on the wrong side of the coin. Free will is a myth.
>>
>>25825219
And you have been professionally diagnosed? Not just a self-diagnosis?
>>
>>25825157
"justify life"

What sort of fucking retard are you that this is even a concept to you? Life just is, there's no justification to it. Robots are heavily influenced by a society dominated by other people. There's no getting around it, it IS their fault for glorifying self-indulgence without regard to the future. Take flight normalfag, just fuck off posthaste, you'll only weep more about how other people bring you down with their life experiences. ;_;
>>
>>25825095
John Wayne Gacy was also a successful businessman who was popular in his neighborhood.

Him being a serial killer and having literal brain damage didn't stop him, you've got no excuse.
>>
>>25825286
How is that relevant? I'm not talking about me.

You can't cure autism by simply trying hard enough, you mong.

Yes I have been diagnosed
>>
>>25825113
Please, tell me about this magical treatment for autism that was only diagnosed at 19. I am sure it will be very affordable.
>>
>>25824036
disprove it then
>>
>>25825383
>tfw society loves serial killers more than robots

I bet Gacy even had a lover at some point. And yet we will die alone. What did we do to deserve this?
>>
>>25825469
Gee, I dunno, maybe that you've never fucking achieved anything in your life? Or that you're completely lacking in personality apart from "I'm sad/angry"? Or that you're blaming everyone in society, and society itself for your failures, while making it clear to everyone that you believe it so?

The reason people liked Gacy before anyone knew he was a serial killer is because he was a damn pillar of the community, held house parties, ran an important business, all of that shit. Who even knows you exist in your neighborhood anon?
>>
File: 1447365714450.jpg (28 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1447365714450.jpg
28 KB, 720x720
>>25825219
I know a woman, a beautiful woman, and let me tell you her story.
She grew up in a shit household. Her mother suffered from bipolar depression, which she eventually inherited, and as a side affect of being raised by this woman, she had to endure weekly abuses, almost daily bursts from this woman cursing her very name, telling her she shouldn't have been born. On top of that, her father was a pedophile, and although he was a decent father, she had to keep on her toes lest she fall victim to him like several of her friends and acquaintances. Pretty fucked up, right? She fell to alcoholism, got into a shit relationship with some douchebag fellow alcoholic, and put up with this fuckstick as he fucked other women and brought her nothing but pain and misery and sometimes STDs, because she felt that was what she deserved and all she could get.
You know what happened?
Did she kill herself?
Nope.
She got fed the fuck up with being a depressed shitbag and decided enough was enough and made a change in her life. She got off of booze, started jogging, got on medication, focused on her schoolwork and bettering herself and forging a life that she actually wanted to live in. She eventually became a researcher for Eli Lilly.
You can choose to believe me or not, but I attest on my honor that this is what she told me about her life and I'm just here to share it. The moral of the story is, while mental illness may plague you, and become a lifelong struggle, ultimately it is up to you whether you choose to have the willpower to combat it with the tools at your disposal or become a pathetic wretch spreading bandages across your problems with no real long-term solution or near solution to them.
Fuck off with your self-pitying garbage.
>>
>>25825383
>>25825585
>Normalfags literally defending the "drive" and "ambition" of serial murderers

This is why, for all your bluster, nobody takes you seriously. Ambition is dangerous, as you'll find out once you gain the gumption to hang yourself.
>>
>>25825427
>>25825414
Autism isn't a death curse you idiots. The fact that you can type in decent english means you're both just pathetic fucksticks unwilling to change, and now you just have a mental illness label that you can place blame on instead of accepting it as a facet of your life that you can research as a deeper understanding of how you as an individual function and what you can do to compensate for that shortcoming.
>>
>>25825624
>, ultimately it is up to you whether you choose to have the willpower to combat
Damn, you almost had me. Had to stop reading here though.

This is exactly what my father did, and it escalated his depression into full blown schizophrenia and now he is disabled for the rest of his life.

I hope people like you get cancer.
>>
File: SaintAugustine1.jpg (204 KB, 1059x700) Image search: [Google]
SaintAugustine1.jpg
204 KB, 1059x700
>>25825585
I have come to suspect that "completely lacking in personality" means "likes things that most people don't like". I have plenty of personality, but most people don't focus most of their time to the study of history and medieval philosophy. That is why I love our aut/his/tic board.
>>
File: JUSTBEHAPPY.jpg (94 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
JUSTBEHAPPY.jpg
94 KB, 700x467
>>25825624
>Choose to choose life and willpower and all the good things
>Choose
>From your many choices

>start jogging
Go jog into traffic
>>
>>25825732
Why should I change? The only thing that really bothers me is loneliness. I am plenty on track with my life; in University, have a comfy scholarship and GPA, etc. May even become a monk at some point (I would first have to overcome some Earthly vices).
>>
>>25825624
>a beautiful woman
>beautiful people can live a nice life regardless of what happens to them
>ugly people are fucked regardless of what happens to them

Color me surprised.
>>
>>25825762
Some people aren't so lucky. Deal with it, failed normie.
>>25825790
After you order your CO2 tank.
>>
>>25825715
No-one's defending their murders you mongoloid, nice strawman though. We're saying that Gacy did have drive to succeed socially and in his business life, and he was liked as a result of that. That even someone with mental issues as serious as a serial killer would have (Gacy had brain damage) could still succeed in his life, part from those murders.

>>25825762
You're right, if your father just stayed doing fucking nothing about it, he never would have got schizophrenia. Psychotic disorders are generally pretty treatable these days, by the way, so fuck off with the "disabled for the rest of his life" thing.
>>
>>25825848
>failed normie.
What are you talking about?

First hour browsing here?
>>
File: 1441600655039.jpg (13 KB, 196x178) Image search: [Google]
1441600655039.jpg
13 KB, 196x178
The "Chad/Normie/Beta/Robot" dichotomy is a lie the robot tells himself.

He builds an entire delusional worldview where they were or are constantly being fucked over by some external force (genetics, feminists, the Jew, single mothers, promiscuous women, etc) so he can blame someone else for his faults. Recognizing that he is at least in part responsible for his faults means that he can change, and robots don't want to change. This is because that would mean confronting many unpleasant things about his personality, such as narcissism, which seems to be the most prevalent personality disorder on /r9k/ (with autism and actual depression coming second and third).

>t. Robot
>>
>>25825871
>so fuck off with the "disabled for the rest of his life" thing.
You think im making this up do you? You know nothing about mental diseases. I bet you tell depressed people to "just take a cold shower in the morning bro :^)".

Again, get cancer
>>
>>25825786
Knowledge isn't the same as personality, pal. Philosophical knowledge is pointless if you don't apply if to your life, as well, which you making a baseless assumption like "If people say I have no personality it just means things they don't like about me" suggests that you haven't done.
>>
File: DontYouThinkHesSuchANaturalGuy.jpg (29 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
DontYouThinkHesSuchANaturalGuy.jpg
29 KB, 620x350
>>25825871
Having to type this out to your retarded ass means I've already won the argument, but social success isn't real if you find yourself secretly murdering people in your wonderful, life-affirming community. The fact that he could do it means it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>25825585
>because he was a damn pillar of the community, held house parties, ran an important business
Mate, how many people would attend a house party held by an autistic man?

Do you have any way of HOW to fix the personality issue, or are you effectively going to keep repeating "Just do it!"?
>>
>>25825898
The people here who do suffer from narcissism (and I dont think there are nearly as many as you imply) have not chosen to suffer from it. Narcissism has environmental causes, and is impossible, I repeat, impossible for the affected to overcome by themselves.

TL;DR your argument is invalid.
>>
File: 1451756714567.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451756714567.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>25825837
>beautiful obviously only pertains to the physical realm
>ugly people somehow can't find satisfaction in doing shit in life just because they're physically unattractive
Whiny pissbaby.
>>25825824
Then why are you implying you have a shit life with your "autism"? Fuck off.
>>25825790
>how dare you imply I have control over my life
Grow up.
>>
>>25823903
why do the pepsi cans say homo in that image?
>>
>>25825919
I do, actually, seeing as I fucking have Schizophrenia. It's tough while you're untreated, but you take your fucking meds and you're fine. Worst case scenario you have to check into a hospital for a few weeks to get stabilised if your medications don't work, it's not that big of a deal anymore.

The fact you're fucking exploiting mental disorders is pretty shitty of you though, don't you think?
>>
>>25825940
Having interest in something requires personality. There is no such thing as a "lack of personality", what people call a lack of personality is just a different personality.
>>
>>25825986
>"control" is equal to "total control"
>Just control everything :^)
Fuck right off into the sunset champ.
>>
>>25825762
>conveniently ignoring the part where she got medicated
Maybe your problems stem from a lack of reading comprehension?
>>
>>25825986
Depends on how deep into loneliness I find myself. It is still difficult having nothing except your success and knowledge to your life.
>>
File: 68.jpg (118 KB, 853x996) Image search: [Google]
68.jpg
118 KB, 853x996
>>25824202
This.
You just made us worse.
>>
File: 1318110687906[1].jpg (16 KB, 423x272) Image search: [Google]
1318110687906[1].jpg
16 KB, 423x272
>>25826033
>not having "total control" means I have zero control over my life
You're reaching so fucking hard to justify your shit life of complete inaction its pathetic.
>>
>>25825996
>it's not that big of a deal anymore.
He still cant work though. He is 100% disabled on paper, permanently.

>I do, actually, seeing as I fucking have Schizophrenia
I don't believe you for a second seeing the bs advice you are giving.

>The fact you're fucking exploiting mental disorders is pretty shitty of you though, don't you think?
What are you talking about?
>>
>>25826073
Loneliness sucks but it isn't the end of the world.
Success and even knowledge is a lot more than what most of this board can claim to their lives.
>>
File: Stein'.jpg (12 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
Stein'.jpg
12 KB, 208x243
>>25826039
>Just give all your money to doctors and insurance salesmen

Man, it sure sucks for you that happiness isn't an obligation but you're so desperate to claim otherwise.
>>
>>25825944
>social success isn't real if you have bad parts

You have to actually base what you're saying on some sort of evidence anon. Yes, the man did terrible things, but socially speaking, he was still more than capable, and was well liked, up until those terrible things came out. You can't just go "Nope him being liked doesn't count".

>>25825968
Depends entirely on how autistic he is. And based on the fact that you're capable of even speaking to me in a coherent manner, I'd say that it's perfectly possible for you to achieve some success socially. No-one's expecting you to have huge charisma to start with, nobody has, it's something you develop with experience.

Get a hobby that you can be social with, put yourself out there, and work hard at improving your failures, and learning from your mistakes.
>>
Wow who would have thought a social animal had hierarchies!
Yes, there is an hierarchy in humans, mostly looks based. Cultural sofistication enabled the presence of significant outliers due to their fame/wealth/status.
But hey, take Mark Zuckenberg. All dat money and he still can't help being a goofy bitch ass nigger I'd bully in a heathbeat. Can't beat looks and physicial appereance I guess.
>>
>>25826039
>>conveniently ignoring the part where she got medicated
>Maybe your problems stem from a lack of reading comprehension?
>HURR DUURRR medication fixes everything.
Listen up dumb nigger. We are still nowhere near "fixing" stuff like schizophrenia. Yes,we have medications to manage it, but depending on the severity (most schizos here are memesters, like >>25825996), you can still be disabled. Shocker eh?
>>
>>25826112
Still, there is more to life than that, and I of course feel guilty, knowing that my lineage will end with me (my brother is in a similar situation, only 7 years older).
>>
File: ReaganCucked.jpg (27 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
ReaganCucked.jpg
27 KB, 560x420
>>25826081
You justify my worldview with your every post. I'd prefer a life of inaction to trading arms for hostages and accidentally inventing Al Qaeda.
>>
>>25826027
No, it really doesn't. You can have an all consuming interest in something, as in that's all you ever talk about, and you'll still lack seriosuly in personality. Obviously I don't mean you're literally an automaton and have no ability to express interests of your own. I mean you've got nothing about you that's compelling, or interesting in the slightest.

>>25826084
That's just facet of having schizophrenia, you can absolutely work with it, and many people do.

>I don't believe you for a second seeing the bs advice you are giving.

So you're implying there's no way to treat schizophrenia, and that if you just pretend there's not an issue, it won't come around? Because that's the impression I'm getting here, that your dad apparently got it as a result of trying to treat depression, and that there's nothing that can be done for him, regardless of the entire psychiatric fields opinion.

>What are you talking about?
>Don't try to fix yourself, you'll only get worse! Also, my dad has this thing and you can't criticise my point of view because of that
>>25826120
>Just suffer bro, don't bother trying to get proven to be effective treatments.
>>
>>25826141
Speaking coherently =/= typing coherently
>>
>>25826233
Nowhere did I say my dad isn't on meds. You're the second imbecile to imply this.

Enjoy living with (meme) diseases, I'll stay relatively healthy as a NEET, thank you.
>>
File: 1393346273466.jpg (27 KB, 506x284) Image search: [Google]
1393346273466.jpg
27 KB, 506x284
>>25826120
>medication is somehow erroneous/useless
Bipolar depression is a legitimate illness where treatment with SSRIs is a real course of action in its compensation. It isn't the same as the common existential /r9k/ depression where it stems from being a useless pile of shit that just wallows. Popping pills isn't going to make you a happy person if you just medicate and then continue on with your exact same course. Antidepressants in this case are useful if ye wish to have that extra boost for motivation and move out of that state of life, otherwise you're just abusing drugs to gloss over how uncomfortable you are. Same as normalfags with booze and weed.
Are you an idiot?
>>
>>25826233
What is "interesting" in the slightest about a person themselves? I suppose maybe a sense of humor (which I like to think I possess), but even that requires a basis on which to stand.
>>
>>25826141
>social success isn't real if you murder the people in your society

"bad parts", he destroyed the social contract while making a perfect fit within it. That means the entire social contract is moot, untrustworthy, and for the gullible.
>>
File: 1448010369832.jpg (323 KB, 2080x2120) Image search: [Google]
1448010369832.jpg
323 KB, 2080x2120
>>25825898
The "Robots lie to themselves" concept is a lie the normie tells himself.

He builds an entire delusional worldview where there is simply no chance of anyone being fucked over by some external force (genetics, feminists, the Jew, single mothers, promiscuous women, etc) so he can blame robots for their faults, whilst feeling like everything good in his life was earned and deserved with no luck involved (as per the Just World fallacy). Recognizing that he is at least in part responsible for robots' faults means that he can change, and normies don't want to change. This is because that would mean confronting many unpleasant things about his personality, such as narcissism, which seems to be the most prevalent personality disorder on /r9k/ (with autism and actual depression coming second and third).

He builds an entire delusional worldview where they were or are constantly being fucked over by some external force (genetics, feminists, the Jew, single mothers, promiscuous women, etc) so he can blame someone else for his faults. Recognizing that he is at least in part responsible for his faults means that he can change, and robots don't want to change. This is because that would mean confronting many unpleasant things about his personality, such as narcissism, which seems to be the most prevalent personality disorder on /r9k/ (with autism and actual depression coming second and third).
>>
>>25826322
Good goy, just do what you're told and we'll tell you you're happy
>>
>>25826337
Nice armchair psychology there mister.
>>
>>25826141
>Get a hobby that you can be social with, put yourself out there, and work hard at improving your failures, and learning from your mistakes.

I tried that. Putting effort into some specific, niche thing and talking about that specific, niche thing with other people didn't fix my personality.

Now what?
>>
>>25826258
Sure, but ability to express coherent though in general is a common theme between the two, and as I can only see his typing ability, I have to assume he's more than capable of expressing those thoughts in speech.

>>25826314
So let me get this straight.

Your argument is that you shouldn't push against your disadvantages because you'll get worse (ignoring that that isn't how schizophrenia fucking works), and then you claimed your dad was crippled as a result of it. But then you claimed he was on meds, but is somehow still disabled? If the meds are working, he should be perfectly capable of working, and if the side effects are that bad, any decent doctor would change him off of them.

You're full of shit, and have no fucking knowledge of how psychiatric disorders work, in the slightest.
>>
File: 1441600545683.jpg (53 KB, 515x450) Image search: [Google]
1441600545683.jpg
53 KB, 515x450
>>25826337
Except your analogy makes no sense, because nobody gives a shit about robots.
>tfw narc on the defense
>>
File: 1325524781841.jpg (11 KB, 295x309) Image search: [Google]
1325524781841.jpg
11 KB, 295x309
>>25826199
Now you're just being crazy.
>>25826314
Your original post didn't imply that he was on meds either fuckstick.
>>25826167
You can still manage your illnesses and nowhere did I imply that you were going to be cured of it. If you can type coherently you are nowhere near the edge of that other idiot's dad and can perfectly manage yourself and move on with your life. But you're still caught up in the childish mindset of removing all your personal responsibilities from your own life because you lack the drive and willpower to overcome your issues. This is why nobody likes you. this is why you're a depressed shitheel pissing and moaning about your shit life you continue to live in out of your own volition. Everyone has a choice. you just choose to continue to make the wrong ones.
>>
>>25826337
You're that faggot who came up with the "Just World" thing that you try to spread on your own to make it a meme. Stop it already. Nobody cares. You think it's some sort of genius manifesto that you created, but it's just pure garbage.
>>
File: 1452303651590.png (352 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
1452303651590.png
352 KB, 480x680
Why do we even have this discussion? Both sides will never understand each other. Normies and females cannot fathom life as a robot, being fucked up and emotionally destroyed ever since childhood. They had everything handed to them, physical beauty, charisma, money, intelligence, while robots only have one of them at most and lack everything else.

It's impossible to compare. Why do you think that there has never been a good depiction of a typical robot in film or television?
>>
File: DUDEPOTLMAO.jpg (43 KB, 214x316) Image search: [Google]
DUDEPOTLMAO.jpg
43 KB, 214x316
>>25826424
>ReaganDidNothingWrong
>"Ambition is important, hurr durr"
>>
>>25826404
It depends for me; I sometimes can and sometimes cannot, and sometimes I will get carried away in speech and become incoherent as a result. It doesn't help that I have a speech impediment and social anxiety (though, for some reason, this only affects me around people my own age).
>>
File: 1450672124777.png (285 KB, 370x398) Image search: [Google]
1450672124777.png
285 KB, 370x398
>>25826459
I guess you could say that normies need to "check their privilege"?
>>
>>25826424
Again you putting words in my mouth. Go choke on a dick faggot, I'm done arguing with self-righteous redditors like you

>>25826404
>But then you claimed he was on meds, but is somehow still disabled?
Yes, believe it or not this is possible for people who dont have meme diseases (like you)

Why the fuck did my post get auto deleted btw?
>>
>>25826335
You're linking two completely different things together here. John Wayne Gacy's choice to murder people is not in any way a result of his social success, and therefore can't be linked to it.

As a human being, sure, he was pretty much a failure when it comes down to it. But socially, as in based on the opinions of those around him, he was well liked and successful. His choice to murder people ruined that eventually, but it's not really an excuse unless you're a convicted serial killer.

>>25826330
It's hard to define, and isn't as simple as "X is interesting, Y isn't", but a general rule is that you're able to hold conversation, have varied interests. Having stories to tell, or experiences is also important to this.

>>25826403
Specific niche thing doesn't tell me anything. And once again, it's not a matter of "fixing your personality", it's much more about finding a niche you fit into.

You have to find people that are also interested in that niche thing, obviously.
>>
>>25823667
There are people who don't have internet access and struggle with hunger who have far better lives than most of us. Your points are moot.
>>
>>25826426
You do realize that the "Just World" thing has been around for longer than most of the people on this board have been alive, right? It is a topic that has attracted interest from philosophers and social psychologists.
>>
>>25825898
>robots don't want to change. This is because that would mean confronting many unpleasant things about his personality
This is how normies think.
Most robots DO know their personality is inferior and hate themselves for it, and DO want to change.

The hard part is knowing HOW to change. Normie society has no problem telling you how you should be, but has no answers on how to actually get there.
>>
>>25826535
Ah, so "being interesting" then, is exactly what we think it is: i.e. being naturally socially successful and being naturally interested in certain things.
>>
File: kevin.png (307 KB, 1256x583) Image search: [Google]
kevin.png
307 KB, 1256x583
>>25826501
I see what you did there, but there is a major difference between my post and typical SJW whining. Normie privilege is real.
>>
>>25826535
>society loves murderer
>murderer undermines society
>this is a trustworthy society

Nonsense and horseshit
>>
>>25826567
Yes, this. We understand what social competence is, but we do not understand the essence of this.
>>
>>25826426
Holy shit you're dumb. Just world theories have been established for a long time. You most likely suffer from their cognitive biases since you're so unfamiliar with it.
>>
>>25826527
>Yes, believe it or not this is possible for people who dont have meme diseases (like you)

This isn't really true though, when anti-psychotics work, both the positive and negative symptoms should be at very least severely reduced, to the point where at least basic functioning is back.

Heaps of posts have been being auto-deleted actually, I've got no idea what's going on there.

>>25826582
No, that's not what I said. It's 100% possible to develop interests in something and become an interesting person, no-one's naturally interested in anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 640x640
>>25823664
Can you post more? I would rather live where you are at least you have beautiful scenery instead of living in a ghetto slum.
>>
>>25825261
>I am not responsible for my problems therefore I will never try to fix them and blame everything in my life on everyone and everything except me.
>>
>>25826620
Good job moving the goalposts. No-one knew Gacy was a murderer until he was caught, and once that was common knowledge, he was shunned.
>>
File: 1313261838221[1].jpg (204 KB, 683x797) Image search: [Google]
1313261838221[1].jpg
204 KB, 683x797
>>25826466
>posting an image of a politician means I somehow support their policies
>>25826459
>Why do you think that there has never been a good depiction of a typical robot in film or television?
Because the life of a robot is a pathetic, unentertaining crawl from one base pleasure to another to quell the roaring emptiness that is a life unlived. If you really think the common themes of a robot are unexplored in fiction and literature it just goes to show how uneducated the robot really is. There is nothing noble in the man that gives up on himself.
>>
File: mehmet.png (56 KB, 637x241) Image search: [Google]
mehmet.png
56 KB, 637x241
>>25826654
>Implying developing an interest in something doesn't require an already existing interest in that topic.
>>
>>25826654
>to the point where at least basic functioning is back.
Sure, he is stable. Every 6 months or so he acts a bit erratically, getting either a mild mania or depression but other than that he's fine.

But when he tries to work the (normal) stress causes him to get psychosis and he will need to be hospitalized again.

What I am trying to say to the robots here is; do not fall for the self-improvement meme. If you constantly go over your limits you too will most likely break and get worse from it, not better. In some cases, with genetic predispositions, you will be fucked for life when that happens.
>>
>>25826535
>it's much more about finding a niche you fit into.
The only niche society has for us rejects is mom's basement

>You have to find people that are also interested in that niche thing, obviously.
I don't see how finding some activity like wood-carving or kite-flying, and then talking to people about those shallow things, will suddenly cure autism. Can you explain this process?

I think the problem for most robots isn't talking about specific interests, it's everything else. Being able to relate to normies on an emotional level, being able to express themselves, being interesting, having stories to tell, having value and being worth spending time with. All these things are extra hard if you didn't learn them as a child, and no one wants to teach a fully grown man how.
>>
>>25826567
>but has no answers on how to actually get there
There are literally thousands upon thousands of self help books, social analyses, and various other methods to becoming a self-actualized individual.
The difference between a robot and a normalfag is the robot wallows in isolation and despair.
Learning the how-to IS hard, especially when you don't even bother looking for the information in the first place.
People treat /r9k/ as a hugbox stomping ground to reinforce their shit-tier beliefs and thoughts instead of an ongoing, constructive discussion of how to manage themselves.
>>
>>25826567
>This is how normies think.
Yeah, normies are the only people who believe in personal accountability. There's no way you could ever be at fault, you're exceptional.
>Most robots DO know their personality is inferior and hate themselves for it, and DO want to change.
If the robot recognizes their personality as "inferior" and wants to change, then why does he talk about normies in such a self-righteous way?
>Most robots DO know their personality is inferior and hate themselves for it, and DO want to change.
Then why does the robot always come back here, lashing out at normies and lapsing back into his narcissistic defenses (self-pity, self-loathing, etc)?
>The hard part is knowing HOW to change. Normie society has no problem telling you how you should be, but has no answers on how to actually get there.
Except the problem is that the robot doesn't want advice, he wants pity.
>>
>>25826800
>The difference between a robot and a normalfag is the robot wallows in isolation and despair.
Wrong.

The difference between you and us is that we know stuff like motivational seminars and self-help books are bullshit, and you don't.

You spend your money on them like a good little goy and then don't do shit with it except trying to enforce your enlightened lifestyle to robots on 4chins.
>>
File: 1439709659521.jpg (80 KB, 1140x475) Image search: [Google]
1439709659521.jpg
80 KB, 1140x475
>>25826612
>Normie privilege is real
COULD NOT MAKE THIS UP IF I TRIED
>>
>>25826705
They still loved his personality, mang. For some reason, normies will absolutely shun anyone who is shy, awkward, introverted, eccentric, short, not "manly", not Chad-like, and not meeting any other shallow criteria that society sets. Regardless of their inner qualities, they are outcast from society for life.

But as long as someone is a narcissistic douche that puts himself out there like he's God's gift to women, normies will love him. You don't see anything wrong with that?
>>
>>25826728
What? Are you seriously saying that to be interested in something, you already have to be interested in it?

>>25826780
You're lacking in understanding of how psychotic disorders work. If you're successfully treated, minor stress like working doesn't just counteract your medications.

Pushing yourself to improve will never, ever result in you being worse off than when you started, ignoring situations where tragedies happen (car crashes, shit like that). And as I said, schizophrenia doesn't just come on because you pushed yourself to improve, it would have happened either way. This is basic stuff, and you really shouldn't talk about thing you don't even know the basics of.

>>25826796
>Can you explain this process?

I can actually. Autism (the same as any mental disorder) is a set of irrational or ingrained behaviours.

Assuming you haven't got it in a super severe form, and are capable of understanding the concepts of introspection, putting yourself into social scenarios is a great way for the individual to be able to notice which behaviours are dysfunctional, and attempt to fix them.

Even in severe patients this is a useful form of treatments, though they normally need specialised staff on hand to help with this process, guide them through it.

I agree that the issue with robots is lacking on the rest of it though, they may have interests, but not ones that most people have any ability or interest in learning about, or talking about.

There are people that will help grown people learn to develop those skills though, CBT in particular is really useful for mildly autistic patients, and and psychologist can do that. You just have to apply it to pretty much every facet of your life, which most people find difficult to do.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>25826872
>The difference between you and us is that we know stuff like motivational seminars and self-help books are bullshit, and you don't.
You don't read the fucking things so how the fuck do you know anything about them?
again
>>The difference between a robot and a normalfag is the robot wallows in isolation and despair.
I'm not saying self-help bullshit has merit, I'm just saying the fact that none of you idiots are even willing to break out of your preconceived notions of the world is why you're all pathetic idiots in the perpetual state that you are.
I'm a normalfag? I grew up in an abusive household, had the shit kicked out of me at home and at school, and wake up every fucking day and think of killing myself.
You want to know what the real difference is?
I don't sulk and whine about it on the fucking internet.
>>
5/10 manlet
Son of poor immigrant parents.
Work, but my paycheck goes towards rent and bills, parents don't work.

I want to die, but I can't.

Wake me up.meme
>>
>>25826983
Yes, otherwise you wouldn't have any reason to develop said interest.
>>
>>25826833
How hard is it for you to admit that BOTH personal accountability AND external factors play a role? And that maybe, in some small (yet significant) percentage of cases, the external factors outweigh the personal accountability?.

Can you at least admit that?
>>
>>25826984
>I'm a normalfag? I grew up in an abusive household, had the shit kicked out of me at home and at school, and wake up every fucking day and think of killing myself.
>You want to know what the real difference is?
>I don't sulk and whine about it on the fucking internet.
So why don't you just take your own advice and become a normie then?

Because you too know it's bullshit.

>I don't sulk and whine about it on the fucking internet.
Nah you are whining on the internet just as much as we do. Just from a different point of view.
>>
>>25826945
Nah, people with fetishes liked Gacy after he was caught, hybristophiles and the like, normal society wanted him dead.

Also, have you seen Gacy? He was a funny looking fucker, wasn't particularly tall or attractive, wasn't really chad like at all, apart from his extremely extroverted personality. That's all it is really, is you have to be out there for people to be able to like you. If you don't give people the opportunity to like you, how do you suppose they'll ever be able to?

>But as long as someone is a narcissistic douche that puts himself out there like he's God's gift to women, normies will love him. You don't see anything wrong with that?

This isn't really true though, Elliot Rodger was incredibly narcissistic, and people thought he was a fucking cunt. People who get cocky tend to be disliked by all but the most shallow people, and those shallow people aren't really close friends with anyone else.
>>
>>25827050
Not arguing that it can't be both.
I guess if you are made to feel like shit your entire life, you tell yourself that you're actually some kind of misunderstood genius as a defense.
>>
>>25827021
You can't fucking develop an interest based off an already existing interest. You find something you like the sounds of, and then put in the time to learn about that.

Everyone has at least something they're somewhat interested in doing, and even if you don't, just fucking pick anything slightly social, and stick to it.
>>
File: 1437677421744.jpg (40 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
1437677421744.jpg
40 KB, 396x400
>>25823547
Tfw chad
>>
>>25827097
>You fuind something you like the sounds of
That's what being interested in something is.

>just pick anything social
No, fuck that. Also, been doing history trivia nights for the last 4 months, met one person, but he is also basically an autist, and I have had significant changes in my personal beliefs (which were what we bonded over).
>>
>>25827164
>That's what being interested in something is.

Then you're just being pedantic, obviously to want to do something you have to want to do something, what was the point of that whole argument?

>No, fuck that

Well then fucking wallow in misery, everyone has to do shit they don't like sometimes, you aren't special, and don't deserve special treatment.

>met one person, but he is also basically an autist

So it's working then, you are meeting people and developing. Keep at it, but understand that most people in that field are going to be similar to that. Go into academia if you want more accomplished individuals in that field.
>>
File: 1360792305558.png (177 KB, 320x462) Image search: [Google]
1360792305558.png
177 KB, 320x462
>>25827070
I'm not going to bother laying out a life's story that isn't even worth anything yet and you won't even appreciate it anyway because you're a petulant child upset nobody wants to entertain your bullshit.
I'm on my way to becoming something worth a damn, don't you worry.
The only reason I come back to /r9k/ is to try and break some of you idiots out of your habits and get somebody to think on a different level than self-indulgence but across the year or so since the deletion this place has somehow become even more pathetic, so its not like rational discourse is a thing valued around here anymore.
You're a fucking idiot set in your ways, and those ways are ignoble mannerisms that can't be sated with the pity you come here to seek from your fellow wretched kin.
Think about yourself and your own damn life instead of how other people lead their own. Maybe you'll grow the fuck up and not need /r9k/ to prop up your fragile ego.
>>
>>25827229
I am just saying that it is absurd for you to think I will just find out there is some random thing I have never heard of that I will somehow find interesting enough to devote time to.

>Wallowing in misery
>doing things I hate
Is there much difference? I do plenty of things I don't like, but if I can keep it to a minimum, it reduces my misery.
>>
>>25826833
>Yeah, normies are the only people who believe in personal accountability. There's no way you could ever be at fault, you're exceptional.

Nah, robots are the only people who believe in external forces such as biology and developmental psychology. There's no way anything other than your choices could ever be at fault, you're exceptional and also karma exists and also causality is silly.

>If the robot recognizes their personality as "inferior" and wants to change, then why does he talk about normies in such a self-righteous way?
Because normies have been doing the same thing to him his entire life. Like you are doing right now.

>Then why does the robot always come back here, lashing out at normies and lapsing back into his narcissistic defenses (self-pity, self-loathing, etc)?
See above. And because this is a socially-accepted way of dealing with robots, what other options does he have? Sure, some failed normies will make it, but born robots never had a chance. Wouldn't you be screaming inside if you were trapped in a life you wanted no part of, and the offending party acted like you were absolute dogshit just for existing?

>Except the problem is that the robot doesn't want advice, he wants pity.
How would you know? Normies never post any actual, actionable advice. It's always meaningless motivation tripe like "Be yourself" or "Get a hobby".
>>
>>25827282
>The only reason I come back to /r9k/ is to try and break some of you idiots out of your habits
Don't. We don't need or want you here. How many times do we have to repeat this?

> the pity you come here to seek from your fellow wretched kin
>not need /r9k/ to prop up your fragile ego..
I don't seek pity, I just come here to converse with like minded people. Refer to my first point.

>You're a fucking idiot set in your ways
Because I don't believe in the just world fallacy im an idiot?

>Maybe you'll grow the fuck up
Is this codeword for me having to become a wageslavee?
>>
File: 1319158780480[1].jpg (138 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1319158780480[1].jpg
138 KB, 600x450
>>25827379
>Don't. We don't need or want you here. How many times do we have to repeat this?
As much as you want? Its a public board and nothing in the rules states it has to be dedicated to faggotry
>I don't seek pity, I just come here to converse with like minded people. Refer to my first point.
That's pity dude
>Because I don't believe in the just world fallacy im an idiot?
You're the one asserting the just world and jousting at windmills
Nobody said the world is just. Its just not oppressing you, maaaaaaan.
Fucking tumblrinas in denial jesus
>Is this codeword for me having to become a wageslavee?
No? Oh, you're a NEET parasite, no wonder you're such a child.
>>
>>25827586
Dude, who are you?
seriously
We don't need, or want, any help
You are simply being annoying
>>
File: 1402812828211.png (141 KB, 992x1856) Image search: [Google]
1402812828211.png
141 KB, 992x1856
>>25827586
Finally, gloves come off

>Its a public board
Listen kid, we don't really care if you stay here or not. Sure, we'd rather have you just went back to reddit but you're right the rules allow it. Just know that we consider you a cancer.

>That's pity dude
Nice autismal logic

>No? Oh, you're a NEET parasite, no wonder you're such a child.
Hahahaha, oh look at the time. Don't want to be late tomorrow do you?
>>
>>25827071
>apart from his extremely extroverted personality. That's all it is really
That's my entire point. Normies will accept anyone as long as they're extremely extroverted, regardless of how that person is on the inside.

>That's all it is really
You say that like it's nothing. Like anyone can just choose to become extremely extroverted. Like it's not a deeply ingrained personality trait that comes out of the temperaments that DNA bestows on you, the parenting style your parents chose for you, the social class you're born into, etc.

>Elliot Rodger was incredibly narcissistic, and people thought he was a fucking cunt.
He literally had Aspergers

Once again, all you need is a normie personality, and they will accept you. Elliot had everything other than that, and he was shunned. Apparently to normies, having a disorder is a crime worse than serial killing. No sympathy for Rodgers when he needed it, but plenty for Gacy, even while he was fucking and killing dozens of children. Being extroverted is everything.
>>
>>25827379
>Don't. We don't need or want you here. How many times do we have to repeat this?

This isn't true, OP. I want you here. Posters like you are my only hope of understanding the normie world, and I genuinely appreciate that you at least try to help us in some way. Not all of us are assholes like this guy.
>>
>>25827856
>posters like you are my only hope of understanding the normie world,
Why dont you just go to reddit then? It's literally filled with self-righteous cunts like him who will tell you how to live your life.

>Not all of us are assholes like this guy.
Sleeper normie please go
>>
>>25827717
You do know that that picture was making fun of retards like you, right? Did the obvious memery go over your head?

>>25827746
>regardless of how that person is on the inside.
No-one can see what's inside unless you make it your exterior, anon.

>ike it's not a deeply ingrained personality trait that comes out of the temperaments that DNA bestows on you, the parenting style your parents chose for you, the social class you're born into, etc.

Oh, you're one of those "Muh genetics" types. I guess free will doesn't exist, right? You can only choose to be what you already are, and change is literally impossible.

>He literally had Aspergers

Source me up, boyo.

>Once again, all you need is a normie personality, and they will accept you. Elliot had everything other than that, and he was shunned. Apparently to normies, having a disorder is a crime worse than serial killing. No sympathy for Rodgers when he needed it, but plenty for Gacy, even while he was fucking and killing dozens of children. Being extroverted is everything.

The only people who were slightly interested on Gacy were not in any way normies, they were fetishists or people who admired his work. Outsiders no matter which way you look at it.

You're making up these scenarios in your head about how things are, and just assuming you're the truth, or stating obvious facts as arguments for what you're saying. Yes, you have to be part of a group to be in a group. It's not impossible to ingratiate yourself into it, however, by acting in ways that group sees as acceptable.

If you refuse to do this simple shit, then it's not the majorities fault for refusing to conform to your desires, you're a minority group who they likely don't even know exists.

You don't have to be a cookie cutter go out and party every weekend type to have a successful social life, there's literally thousands of groups you could fit into and be happy within, but you're just choosing to not even try any. It's your choice.
>>
File: citationneeded.png (315 KB, 476x717) Image search: [Google]
citationneeded.png
315 KB, 476x717
>>25827983
>You do know that that picture was making fun of retards like you, right? Did the obvious memery go over your head?
It's a parady of your (wageslave) rhetoric. Autistic much?

>boyo.
KYS
>>
>>25827983
Your interests would significantly reduce the "thousands of groups".
>>
>>25828112
It's a parody of the memes people make that argue for whatever that are obviously biased. Did the aryan NEET and the retarded looking "wageslave" not make that clear enough for you?

Even if it wasn't, how many of those things in your argument are you doing? Seems more likely you just shitpost here all day.
>>
>>25828123
Sure, down to likely dozens of social subsects in your area. Even musical taste presents a group you could fit into, or any possible hobbies or interests. It's up to you to put yourself out there and find them.
>>
>>25828152
>how many of those things in your argument are you doing
A few things. Not all of them sure, but at least we get to choose what we want to do with our time.

By the time we are 80, we have lived 60 of them, you more like 20.

Feels ebin man :^)
>>
>>25828189
>people just sitting around talking about music
Do people actually do this, or is it just a meme?
>>
File: r9k.jpg (635 KB, 1987x1836) Image search: [Google]
r9k.jpg
635 KB, 1987x1836
>>25823547
Here's a better diagram
>>
>>25824358

I wonder how much of /r9k/ consists of dense, moralising paragraphs like these.
Its like the bit in a movie where the lesson is explained, yet without the rancorous applause.

Like delivering long, charged monologues to a FUCKING BRICK WALL.
>>
>>25824832

Takes a real privileged person to try to tell me how good or bad my life is. Why are you even here?
>>
File: CHECK OUT MY BOOTS.gif (931 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
CHECK OUT MY BOOTS.gif
931 KB, 450x338
I feel like the people that legit believe others are "Above" them are either legit horrendously ugly and/or was bullied in school. I'm a social recluse but that's all my own fault, I have literally no excuses.
>>
>>25828350

And from your eyeblink of a life's worth of knowledge, you create a maxim.
Suck shit through a straw.
>>
>>25828220
Which ones are you seriously pursuing?

And what counts as living in your books? What if someone were to enjoy working, it makes them feel fulfilled? Are they not living? Do you have to purely live a life of recreation to be able to live?

Also, by the time I'm 80, I'll be living comfortably on my retirement fund, while you'll still be living entirely on whatever tiny amount of cash the government gives you as a pension.

>>25828258
Sometimes, but social groups that way are more like scenes, it's a common factor people bond over, and holds groups together. You have to attend a lot of concerts and the like to find good ones though.
>>
>>25828458
I guess you're one of the ugly ones then. I'm sorry.
>>
>>25828487
>attend concerts
Nah, too loud. I wasn't kidding about overstimulation earlier, even just enough sound coming from multiple directions can cause a panic attack, which is why I don't like when lots of people talk at once.
>>
>>25828488

>defensiveness

Robots say 'there is a biologically determined social hierarchy', you say 'anyone who thinks there is a biologically determined social hierarchy is ugly or low status.'
Its just an inversion of something you implicitly accept. I don't, and I'm trying to make you more consistent. Right now, you have the consistency of a banana shit, one that may easily pass through a straw.
>>
>>25828536
Well then musical scenes probably aren't for you. I'm sure there's other things you do with your life though, but I'm not just gonna guess them. Tell me hobbies outside of medieval history and philosophy, I can't give personalised advice with no info.
>>
>>25828659
There aren't any desu lad, though it isn't all medieval, but my philosophical focus is medieval.
>>
>>25827983
>No-one can see what's inside unless you make it your exterior, anon.
You know what, this made me think. It might actually be my problem. Thanks, anon.

>Oh, you're one of those "Muh genetics" types. I guess free will doesn't exist, right? You can only choose to be what you already are, and change is literally impossible.
Well, yeah. No matter how much you fake being normie, you'll still be autistic on the inside. A gay person can pretend to be straight, but he'll always be gay. No amount of role-playing or willpower will suddenly turn him straight. It's not a choice.

>Source me up, boyo.
Just google it. His father tried a lot of different therapies.

>by acting in ways that group sees as acceptable.
>you're just choosing to not even try any
What if you literally can't? What if you literally don't have that ability. It might be hard to understand, but some people don't meet the minimum criteria to be a normie, or even pretend to be a normie, no matter how hard we try. I'm not saying I know why, I'm just saying that there will always be people who are just too different in some way.
>>
>>25828708
>You know what, this made me think. It might actually be my problem. Thanks, anon.

Glad I could help anon.

>No matter how much you fake being normie, you'll still be autistic on the inside

Autism is normally defined by behaviours though, so an individual that no longer displays any abnormal behaviours or reduced functioning wouldn't be autistic. Gayness is sexuality, not personality, they're not really comparable.

>Just google it. His father tried a lot of different therapies.

I've heard stuff like it, but never seen a direct source, closest I've seen was a post-mortem paper on him by a psychiatrist that said he seemed to have narcissistic tendencies, as well as being masochistic in that he focused on his failures.

>What if you literally can't? What if you literally don't have that ability

No-one's born with it, it's a skill you develop.

>but some people don't meet the minimum criteria to be a normie, or even pretend to be a normie

What are those criteria though? People are very different, and plenty of eccentric individuals have good social groups.
>>
>>25828950
>Autism is normally defined by behaviours though, so an individual that no longer displays any abnormal behaviours or reduced functioning wouldn't be autistic. Gayness is sexuality, not personality, they're not really comparable.
Autism and sexuality are both influenced by genetics, as well as prenatal development. And they both have an effect on personality, at least it seems that way to me. Taking away someone's sexuality or autism would drastically change that person.

>I've heard stuff like it, but never seen a direct source, closest I've seen was a post-mortem paper on him by a psychiatrist that said he seemed to have narcissistic tendencies, as well as being masochistic in that he focused on his failures.
desu I don't have any specific links. The point still stands; Rodgers had everything that should have let him fit in, except a normal personality. That was the one thing he needed, and if you don't have that, you will never be accepted.

>No-one's born with it, it's a skill you develop.
You can learn to make conversation, but you can't learn why normies make conversation. You can't just learn those motivations and emotions if you don't have them.

>What are those criteria though?
If I knew, I wouldn't be a robot. I guess it helps if you can relate to normies, if you can make conversation, if you can offer something of value, if you can be enjoyable to be around, if you can bond and form relationships. Not all of these things are learnable, some are just innate, and you're fucked if you happen to be missing those instincts.

>People are very different, and plenty of eccentric individuals have good social groups.
Sure, they're eccentric within the acceptable constraints. There's obviously such a thing as being too eccentric, just look at crazy homeless people.
>>
Holy shit you're all retarded.
>Mr. Robot pls
>>
File: 1443815605861.jpg (37 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
1443815605861.jpg
37 KB, 640x420
>>25823903
Maybe so. I don't genuinely hate normalfags, though. Nobody is at fault. Nobody has a choice. It's all just blind, dumb luck. No sense in getting angry at other people. If I have to be angry at something, it's existence itself.
>>
>>25823667
What kind of cuck goes "well i have no friends, no joys in life, I'm sad all the time and want to kill myself, but I HAVE BREAD AND INTERNET" and instantly turns happy. You're just spouting words that you kind of agree without realizing that they are totally full of shit and have no ability to take someone else's perspective and understand their problems. You're kind of a piece of shit.
>>
>>25829238
>You can't just learn those motivations and emotions if you don't have them.

This.

John Wayne Gacy wasn't a robot who faked being normie (robots can't fake it).

He was a normie who killed people.

And he was loved.

Robots will never be loved.
>>
>>25829238
>Autism and sexuality are both influenced by genetics, as well as prenatal development

They are, sure, but they aren't necessarily set in stone either, autism is a behavioural thing.

Being gay isn't really relevant.

Rodgers had a completely dysfunctional personality, he was a textbook NPD case, he was an extreme.

>You can learn to make conversation, but you can't learn why normies make conversation. You can't just learn those motivations and emotions if you don't have them.

You make conversation because you're lonely, or want to talk to someone. I'm sure you've had those feelings before.

>If I knew, I wouldn't be a robot. I guess it helps if you can relate to normies, if you can make conversation, if you can offer something of value, if you can be enjoyable to be around, if you can bond and form relationships. Not all of these things are learnable, some are just innate, and you're fucked if you happen to be missing those instincts.

I'd say all of those things are able to be learned, there's nothing in particular that you're just born with.

>Sure, they're eccentric within the acceptable constraints. There's obviously such a thing as being too eccentric, just look at crazy homeless people.

That's past being eccentric to being antisocial, eccentricity is just weirdnesses, not flat out insanity. And if you're insane, you should get treatment, not try to get friends, you've got bigger worries.
>>
>>25830053
>They are, sure, but they aren't necessarily set in stone either, autism is a behavioural thing.
And sexuality isn't? I think it effects your behaviours quite a bit. Some people's whole lives are built around trying to attract the opposite sex.

>Being gay isn't really relevant
Why not? Whether you turn out gay or not is down to genetics, hormones, what happens in the uterus, etc. Just like autism and many other disorders. Autism isn't like a phobia or something you can develop whenever, you have to be born with it.

>Rodgers had a completely dysfunctional personality, he was a textbook NPD case, he was an extreme.
And you're saying it was all his fault, is choice? I'm saying it was a result of his upbringing and maybe genetics too, depending on family history. Why would anyone choose to have a disorder?

>You make conversation because you're lonely, or want to talk to someone. I'm sure you've had those feelings before.
I've felt like I wanted to make conversation at some points, but when it comes to the moment, I can't feel that anymore. I either feel numb or like I need to escape. No matter how much I try to get out my comfort zone and force it, it never gets any better. I don't know what to do senpai.

>I'd say all of those things are able to be learned, there's nothing in particular that you're just born with.
I disagree. Bonding is very situational. Being a fun person is not something everyone can do. Statistically there will always be people below average, that don't have value to offer to average and above-average people.

>That's past being eccentric to being antisocial, eccentricity is just weirdnesses, not flat out insanity. And if you're insane, you should get treatment, not try to get friends, you've got bigger worries.
Hey, it's all on the same spectrum. Who decides how much is too much? What if I'm in between? And what happens if you are too weird, just choose not to be weird? Not possible for everyone, some people aren't weird out of choice.
>>
File: hell.jpg (155 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
155 KB, 854x859
>mfw I realize asperger's has nothing to do with autism, it has to do with being raised like shit and not having your brain develop normally
>>
>>25830622
>Why not? Whether you turn out gay or not is down to genetics, hormones, what happens in the uterus, etc. Just like autism and many other disorders. Autism isn't like a phobia or something you can develop whenever, you have to be born with it.

Because sexuality is separate to personality, anyone can be gay or straight.

>And you're saying it was all his fault, is choice?

Psychology is in no way well enough understood for us to say conclusively why people develop personality disorders, it could be a personal decision to use something as a defence mechanism, it could be nearly anything. We just don't know yet. His upbringing didn't seem particularly abnormal, even from his own manifesto.

I've felt like I wanted to make conversation at some points, but when it comes to the moment, I can't feel that anymore. I either feel numb or like I need to escape. No matter how much I try to get out my comfort zone and force it, it never gets any better. I don't know what to do senpai.

That sounds like textbook anxiety really, you want to do something, but the idea of wanting it is easier than actually doing it. It really does get easier the more you do it.

>I disagree. Bonding is very situational. Being a fun person is not something everyone can do. Statistically there will always be people below average, that don't have value to offer to average and above-average people.

Bonding is situational, but human beings in general will always have the ability to bond with others, not factoring in those with brain damage or other similarly abnormal things. Not everyone can bond with every human being, obviously, it's rare to form meaningful bonds in general. And fun is subjective, do something that you feel is interesting, and meet people with similar interests, and you'll be at least somewhat fun.

CONT
>>
>>25830622
>Hey, it's all on the same spectrum. Who decides how much is too much? What if I'm in between? And what happens if you are too weird, just choose not to be weird?

Generally when your ability to function is impeded by your weirdness, it's too much. If it's that bad, you should seek treatment, because it's likely a result of mental illness, not just a personality quirk.
>>
>>25823799
kvo stava
>>
>>25825624
You left out the part where hordes of betas were willing to spend their the time, resources, and connections to her basically pull her up to where she is now, and she abandoned each with out so much as a second thought once she ended up getting her life together.

She undoubtedly believes she did it all on her own. Typical female success story
>>
>>25830929
>Because sexuality is separate to personality, anyone can be gay or straight.
Eh, gay people have certain tendencies. Lesbians have certain tendencies. I certainly wouldn't say gay personalities and hetero are the same.

>Psychology is in no way well enough understood for us to say conclusively why people develop personality disorders, it could be a personal decision to use something as a defence mechanism, it could be nearly anything. We just don't know yet. His upbringing didn't seem particularly abnormal, even from his own manifesto.
Things like defence mechanisms aren't usually conscious choices. They are a result of a previous experience, which is out of our control. We don't know everything, but we know that cause and effect exist. Every "choice" is the consequence of the way your brain developed and was effected by external events.

>That sounds like textbook anxiety really, you want to do something, but the idea of wanting it is easier than actually doing it. It really does get easier the more you do it.
Mate I'm 29 and have done therapy for years, when does it get easier? Anxiety has crossed my mind, but I think it's more likely that I'm just too boring or low IQ for people to want to waste time with. I'm stuck like this and it hurts.

>Bonding is situational, but human beings in general will always have the ability to bond with others, not factoring in those with brain damage or other similarly abnormal things. Not everyone can bond with every human being, obviously, it's rare to form meaningful bonds in general. And fun is subjective, do something that you feel is interesting, and meet people with similar interests, and you'll be at least somewhat fun.
But if 3 decades have gone by and you haven't developed any relationships, something is wrong. It's way beyond just doing hobbies at this point. It's deeper than just behaviour; it's not what I do, it's why I do. If I'm joining hobbies just to feel human, that automatically makes me too weird.
>>
>>25830984
>Generally when your ability to function is impeded by your weirdness, it's too much. If it's that bad, you should seek treatment, because it's likely a result of mental illness, not just a personality quirk.

How do you define ability to function? I can hold a minimum wage job that doesn't require social skills. I can make the bare minimum to feed myself and have a home. I can even have a few makeshift acquaintances.

But I can never have a relationship. Because no one wants me, because I have a shit personality I can't fix. And that really depresses me. Would you call that a mental illness, or just a personality quirk?
>>
>>25824034
Underrated post.

You women and normies seem to forget that we're outcasts BECAUSE of you in the first place.

Who's the one who made fun of us in school? You.
Who's the girl who made fun of us in school? You.
Who's holding the key to the sex market in the first place? Women.
>>
>>25831412
>Eh, gay people have certain tendencies. Lesbians have certain tendencies. I certainly wouldn't say gay personalities and hetero are the same.

I'd disagree, and would be more inclined to blame that on a confirmation bias, you don't generally know if someone's gay just by seeing them.

>Things like defence mechanisms aren't usually conscious choices. They are a result of a previous experience, which is out of our control. We don't know everything, but we know that cause and effect exist. Every "choice" is the consequence of the way your brain developed and was effected by external events.

We do, but that's the entire basis of consciousness, and isn't necessarily a good reason why the brain reacts in abnormal or maladaptive ways, that's not well understood yet.

>Mate I'm 29 and have done therapy for years, when does it get easier? Anxiety has crossed my mind, but I think it's more likely that I'm just too boring or low IQ for people to want to waste time with. I'm stuck like this and it hurts.

Therapy only works if you put it into use in every aspect of your life. You have to essentially push through it, even if just in little ways, to get past anxiety, there's really no other way.

>But if 3 decades have gone by and you haven't developed any relationships, something is wrong. It's way beyond just doing hobbies at this point. It's deeper than just behaviour; it's not what I do, it's why I do. If I'm joining hobbies just to feel human, that automatically makes me too weird.

Everyone just does something to feel human, if you sit and do nothing else, you'll lose what it is that makes you you, you're defined by your actions.

>How do you define ability to function?

Global assessment of function scale is pretty useful for a general guideline. It could be a mild mental illness, but it depends entirely on which came first, You're not mentally ill for being sad about being alone, but if you're alone because you were sad for no reason, then it could be.
>>
>>25832128
>you don't generally know if someone's gay just by seeing them.
You could say the same for Aspergers though. Did you know Bill Gates has it? Most people don't.

>We do, but that's the entire basis of consciousness, and isn't necessarily a good reason why the brain reacts in abnormal or maladaptive ways, that's not well understood yet.
Fair enough. It just sounded like you were blaming Elliot like posters here are blaming robots, which doesn't make sense to do if it's not understood. There's a real chance that many things are out of our control, and deriding us for those is pretty low.

>Therapy only works if you put it into use in every aspect of your life. You have to essentially push through it, even if just in little ways, to get past anxiety, there's really no other way.
I think "pushing through it" has its limits. Aspies can't always push through to become non-aspies, that's just not how it works.

>Everyone just does something to feel human
True, but most people find it some way, eventually. We are the 1% that never find anything that makes us feel human.

>if you sit and do nothing else, you'll lose what it is that makes you you, you're defined by your actions.
I'll take this onboard. I know I live in my head too much. But it is for a reason: I know my limits. I've tried and failed too many times to honestly be able to believe I can make it.

>Global assessment of function scale is pretty useful for a general guideline. It could be a mild mental illness, but it depends entirely on which came first, You're not mentally ill for being sad about being alone, but if you're alone because you were sad for no reason, then it could be.
Thanks, I'll look into it.
I think the loneliness came first, so of course it's natural to be depressed. But even if I cured the depression I've been carrying for nigh-on 10 years, my problems would be the same. There's something else, I suspect Aspergers, but could it be that I'm just a pathetic human being?
>>
>>25832533
>You could say the same for Aspergers though

You certainly could, and that's part of my point, that people aren't stereotypes of facets of their personality.

>There's a real chance that many things are out of our control, and deriding us for those is pretty low.

There definitely is, and I didn't mean to imply that there wasn't, but plenty is out of our control, it's not more accurate to go "Oh well, nothing I can do".

>I think "pushing through it" has its limit

I was talking when it comes to therapy for anxiety type stuff, aspergers is more experience and introspection than just trying to brute force it.

>True, but most people find it some way, eventually. We are the 1% that never find anything that makes us feel human.

I wouldn't say it's reasonable to imply that nothing will make you feel human, more just that nothing actually has yet, there'sstill a lot ou haven't tried. Plenty of people haven't found their passion yet.

>I'll take this onboard. I know I live in my head too much. But it is for a reason: I know my limits. I've tried and failed too many times to honestly be able to believe I can make it.

Some of that you just have to kind of disregard. Sure, you might have failed before, but everyone has. What does it matter if you fail 100 times before you succeed? You still succeed in the end, as long as you do it that 101st time. Failure is something a lot of people fear, but I think usually it's not as huge a deal as we imagine.

>I think the loneliness came first, so of course it's natural to be depressed.

It definitely is, that sounds like a reasonable reaction to your circumstances.

>There's something else, I suspect Aspergers, but could it be that I'm just a pathetic human being?

Could just be a lack of social interaction, autism like symptoms will often start showing up in patients that are isolated for a long time, they lose that natural ability to socialise. It does come back though, as long as you're willing to work for it.
>>
>>25833152
I guess I'll keep trying. I just wish I had a better idea of what to do, it all seems so aimless sometimes. At this point, my hope for change is the only thing that makes me happy. But my hope is continuously proven wrong, and it feels like all my happiness is based on a lie. I'll keep trying because once it's gone, I have no reason to live. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong one day, and I'll be able to enjoy the good things in life. And experience love, that's all I really want.

Thanks for continuing the conversation, anon. I really appreciate what you've said.
>>
>>25823667
........not a cringe thread
>>
Most of you dipshits are barely in your 20s and don't realize that you're going to grow out of this. It's no different than your bullshit edgy teenage phase.
>>
>>25833622
I'm 30. Now what?
>>
>>25833570
Can't hurt to keep trying anon, worst that happens is it doesn't get better as quick as you hope.

And desire for change is one of the most powerful motivations there is, but honestly, discipline is more important. When you're working to improve yourself, you're not going to feel like it every day, but short of illness, you need to push past that, and do it anyway.

All good anon, it's rare to find someone that doesn't just fling shit when challenged here, so I enjoyed the chat. We're all gonna make it if we want to.
>>
>>25823667
>not knowing more people have access to internet than a toilet

mate you're fucking retarded
>>
Some people simply are less equipped for life than others. There are problems like physical disabilities, genetic inferiorities, poverty, etc that make life more difficult

Chads/stacys normally have equivalent parents and therefore grow up with that social leg up. Even if a robot is determined to be a socially superior being he is still that many years behind the chads who grew up with it, and will likely never catch up.

To deny that there isn't a birth right caste system is to deny reality. And telling the 5'5 autistic outcast that his life would be great if he simply tried harder is flat out offensive.
>>
>>25833622
>growing out of autism
>>
>>25827282
So, you go to a place and dole out unsolicited advice that youre hardly qualified to give out in order to boost your own ego because you think you're extra special. There are literally thousands of self improvement resources that are more reliable than your ramblings, so don't tell me youre doing this altruistically.

You're a self entitled piece of shit of a human being who has the gull to call others self indulged, and pathetic. Stop breathing
Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.