[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>recent STEM graduate >look for job in STEM fields >need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 246x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 246x236
>recent STEM graduate
>look for job in STEM fields
>need min 5 years work experience and "expert knowledge" in C++ for an entry level position
>mfw i was taught excel in college

I want off this ride now
>>
File: 1453018665912.png (136 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
1453018665912.png
136 KB, 488x519
It makes me feel pretty good to hear how many stemfaggots are suffering.
>>
>>25811913
practically every job requires a minimum of 2-5 years of experience these days.
>>
>>25811913
it's called lying familia. it's a way to sort out the fuckboys.
>>
>>25812129
yep

as a stem graduate you're still better off than social science etc. that don't even find jobs in their field
>>
>>25811913
Internships m8. They're not just a meme.
>>
Why is this getting getting spammed all over this site now? Is this a new meme?
>>
>>25811913
So you bought into the STEM meme, tell me more.

>mfw I have a degree in finance
>mfw I'm already making 75k at age 23
>mfw I'm going to make even more once I get my CFA certification
>>
>>25812197
>literally doing it for free
honestly how am i supposed to afford that when i already worked part time during college just to sustain myself? i can't afford working full time without pay
>>
>>25813850
>posting >mfw without a face
>not knowing what stem stands for
kill yourself
>>
>>25811913

>2016
>not having expert knowledge in C++
>>
>>25813899
you have to get that experience somewhere.
>>
>>25813899
unless you got connections be white or nepotism your going to be waiting. apply to ever low level positions in your field or go outside of it
>>
>>25813850
>implying finance isn't stem
>>
>>25811913
just apply to the job
they do this all the time
nobody ever fits the requirements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G3kQyqMFpQ
>>
>>25811913

this is why I took the decision to become lifelong (or as long as I can) a neet and avoid society... I ragequit 3d people.
Italian robot here, took the degree, the average job requirement was:
- no more than 23
- degree
- at least 3 years of experience
- being NASA's director

Then you'll check who gets the job, sometimes they lack the ability of reading their name.

fuck yourself, outside world
>>
>>25814124
He's right Finance isn't STEM

>Science
no
>Technology
not really
>Engineering
no
>Math
Apart from first year calculus and a stats course or to, no
>>
>>25814828
>Apart from first year calculus and a stats course or to, no

What kind of shitty finance are you doing anon?
>>
>love chemistry
>hate lab work

Kill me
>>
>>25814850
literally any finance, you massive faggot
>>
>>25815105
sure, if you say so kid

hahaha
>>
>>25814124

It isn't.

Economics is not a hard science.

You can use maths and science and technology to help you understand finance, but you use those things to help you study History or Ancient Greek or English Literature if you really wanted, it wouldn't make them sciences either.

Learn to love the Humanities. STEM is ridiculously overrated.
>>
I'm glad you overeducated STEMfags are learning what it's like to live without your faggot autist cunt privileges. End you fucking life, worthless faggot boy.
>>
>>25814149
good video

really informative tbhfamsmh
>>
>>25813987
>Actually thinks being white gets you ahead in STEM fields
laughingbitches.jpg

Seriously thou, NOT being white gets you ahead in STEM because of all the "muh diversity" shit feminists and the "political correctness" crowd have been pushing for the last decade. Hell, it's even been scientifically proven that women have it easier finding jobs in STEM post graduation.
>>
>didn't go to college
>studied programming alone
>got a job a php developer at 19
>get promoted to team leader
>have to manage people
>have to work on weekends now
>have to travel
>quit due to stress
>NEET forever

Working is shit.
>>
>>25816223
All my STEM classes are a majority white dudes, all wearing gross ass hoodies and running shoes. I'm usually the only Hispanic kid, and they're maybe like a handful of chicks.
>>
>>25816295
The fact that there's a lot of them doesn't mean that they're somehow favored. The reality is just that white and asian guys just happen to make up most of the people who even try try get into STEM (with a few exceptions like Biochemistry which is female dominated these days).

Because feminists and the social "justice" movement has put it into people's heads that companies should be an even split of races and genders, the few women, blacks and hispanics who get into STEM are massively favored when companies try to fill their "diversity" quotas.
>>
>>25813944
What does expert knowledge mean? What are some things you have to be able to do?
>>
Job postings always list the IDEAL candidate. Rarely does that candidate apply. Just apply and hope for an interview, keeping in mind that hundreds of people respond to these things, especially if they're online applications.

I applied to 50-60 jobs in a year and a half after I graduated. Got maybe 3 or 4 interviews. Finally connected with an interviewer and got the job. It's frustrating as fuck I know. Just keep trying.
>>
>be me
>be liberal arts fag
>graduate and don't know what do, so go get an MBA
>learn some programming stuff while I'm doing my MBA
>lookatmyrubyonrailssitelol.rb
>graduate from MBA and get job at [MAJOR TECH COMPANY] as an "engineering project manager"
>100k starting salary
>manage a bunch of autistic weeaboo STEM graduates like OP
>make more money than them
>lel
>mfw
>>
>>25811913
>Didn't intern
>Didn't make friends with professors
>Didn't make friends with classmates
>Didn't have relevant experience in the field prior to graduation
You brought it on yourself.
>>
>>25816580
if you have to be social to do well with your degree, why do they not make you take classes in being social?
>>
>>25816554
Cool story bro!

Seriously thou, I have seen about half a dozen friends that have gone trough liberal arts programs and it always goes something like this:
>Spend years studying something with very little applications in the real world
>They know that their field of study doesn't have much in terms of real world applications so they all try to get into government jobs at ether ministry or the municipal level once they graduate
>Government and municipal jobs generally pay a lot less than private sector jobs and now that we're in a recession they're not hiring ether
>All end up working odd jobs taking turns between unskilled work and work related to their degrees
>Only one of them has found a permanent job in what he's studied and now works as a school teacher for said subject while all others have ether gone back to school or are working doing something completely unrelated to what they studied
>One guy who studied history and political science now co-owns and runs a small restaurant boat
>>
>>25816652
you never had to take a speech class?
>>
>>25816696
>knowing how to give presentations means you know how to make friends and talk to people in private
>>
What the Fuck? This HAS to be a meme or you're looking in the wrong places. I clicked a "now hiring" thing I got in the mail from both Intel and Blizzard, out of curiosity. They both required a good deal of experience so I thought
>how do grads apply?
They BOTH had sections (with a lot of jobs to apply for) SPECIFICALLY for college graduates who's only experience may be an internship.
>>
File: 1390185106887.jpg (19 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
1390185106887.jpg
19 KB, 398x398
>>25816652
>take computer science in college
>be forced to take communication classes
>antisocial
>drop out
wew
>>
>>25816652
Probably because education is still done under the assumption that everyone who studies a subject isn't autistic.

Sweden does assume that all males are misogynist rapists and makes them all take one of those "This is how you keep yourself from raping all of your female colleagues and fellow students" courses, but that's another matter entirely.
>>
>>25816733
>what is kindergarten
>what is pretty much every grade from preschool to 8th grade

cmon senpai
>>
>>25816652
Because being social is not part of what your classes should teach you. In school, you work on the knowledge and skills you need to work in that field. Outside school, you work on meeting the right people and getting the right experience.
>>
>>25811913
Following graduation I was in the same situation. Sent out some speculative internship requests and started a 3 month internship 14 days later which was PAID - so don't assume yours will not be. Of course I was offered a permanent job after the internship ceased which I accepted, and I've been a wagie for a couple of years now. Wagecucking is shit but it pays me a salary and gives my days a structure of sorts.
>>
>>25811913
Graduated with a bachelor's degree from unknown business school 1-year ago. Found investment management job straight away starting at 60k a year.

Became self taught Excel master since and the company loves me for it
>>
>>25816652
Because normies don't have to learn this.
It's almost a way to weed out autists like us, who might be smart but wouldn't be able to work well in teams.
>>
File: 1450064841118.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450064841118.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>>25816652
>take classes in being social

The most autistic thing i have ever heard anyone say here.
>>
>>25815161
Its the exception degree that proves the rule
>>
>>25816433
You sound like you're just a shitty developer trying to blame your lack of job on others. If you could actually program you would have a job
>>
>>25816295
My undergrad was nearly all white with a sprinkling of Asian, there was literally one girl in my graduating class

Although now I'm getting my masters in CS theres quite a few Arab and Indian guys but still mostly white. I'm one of three black guys I've seen and theres one black girl I've seen. Its my first semester but it seems like the field is slowly getting more diverse
>>
>>25815161

Advanced level economics uses hard core statistical methods, programs and modeling.

>>25814828

I do actuarial work and although the basic finance stuff is babby-tier, it does get fairly hardcore with Ito's Lemma, Brownian Motion, martingales etc. That was just the stuff I was dealing with directly. I'd imagine it gets much deeper than that.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.