[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else a freshmen at 21? I did horrible in HS but went to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Anyone else a freshmen at 21? I did horrible in HS but went to community college and got As but took pointless but college level courses. I got a decent GPA now I'm at an actual college.

I'm self conscious about the fact I won't start my career or do law school before 25. Plus student debt since I'm going from out of state. It's just that this school has this really specific major I need that actually has a good payout.
>>
whats the major? I am doing engineering at community college but i feel like its too fucking easy and when I transfer imma get cucked up or switch my major.
>>
its literally normal

I'm 24 and just started freshman year.

Theres a guy in one of my classes who is clearly over 30.

At 21 you literally pass as an 18 year old kid anyways, and blend right in with everyone else, why the fuck would you care. Poor thing! Going to start a career 3 years later than everyone else! OH NO, GOD FORBID YOU LIVE ANOTHER 60 YEARS! kys
>>
>>25805226
I'm 24 this year and I don't know if I would go to college or learn a trade. I'm scared that I'll fuck up and waste my time. I just want to get my life on track before 30.
>>
>>25805226
thanks senpai

>>25805214
I'm a marine admin major, It supposedly pays pretty well. I thought about doing engineering but I can't do math for shit.
>>
>>25805689
I should have joined the marines if I knew I wasn't gonna do anything.
>>
>>25805741
When I say Marine I mean Maritime related. Such as administering ports and bein the agent of a ship, etc.
>>
>>25805214
When I transferred for chemical engineering I was better prepared than most of the students who started at the university after high school. All of the engineers who I went to CC with and transferred to other schools (some were very highly ranked) felt the same way.

>>25805689
I'm 25 and a junior. A large number of students have gone back to college after being in the military or another career. When it comes to internships and extracurricular I feel like those people have an advantage. Not me though because I was a loser until I went back to school, still am a bit of a loser but at least I'm doing really well in my classes at a good school.
>>
>>25805798
So how does it work? Do your general classes like calculus and English at CC then do the classes that have to do with your major the last couple years?

How easy is it to make friends?
>>
>>25805164
We have a guy in our class who was 26 when he was a freshman, and a few other older people in our class. It's really not that big a deal at 21 to be a transfer student.
>>
>>25805863
>Do your general classes like calculus and English at CC then do the classes that have to do with your major the last couple years?
Pretty much. The only difference between lower division at a CC and the university I'm at is 2 courses. One is an introduction to the major where you write essays and everyone gets an A. The other is a companion to classical physics focused on problem solving. The second one actually requires work but it is much easier than the upper division classes I'm taking. Then we all take the same upper division classes.

It's funny because in order to transfer we had to take 1.5 years of physics, including a section on modern physics, as well as a year of organic chemistry. The people who started at uni as freshman take a year of physics and 2 quarters of ochem. Because of smaller class size we also did way more labs at CC than the uni equivalents so I feel like it was a much better experience. The best part is probably that they assume your CC was shit so they don't count your CC GPA. I went from a 3.2 at CC to a 3.7 at uni (should've gotten a 4.0 but I had a bad day and did the worst I've ever done on two midterms on the same day).
>>
>>25806124
The only thing I would have problems with would be math. Idk if I should go for a CS or EE degree though.
>>
>>25806186
The good thing about math at CC is you can start anywhere, at a 1st grade level if you need to. A lot of those instructors also teach the higher level classes so they know how to prepare you for them.

Those majors are very different and while I have friends who are studying both I don;t know a lot of the details associated with them. I think if you have trouble with math you might want to go into CS, it requires as much math and physics in the lower division as EE but after that they diverge greatly. CS courses at most CC's are a joke though, luckily not a lot from them is required to do well after transferring.
>>
Oh man don't be concious about it at all

it's totally normal, you'll even have a bit of an advantage in that you've pulled yourself up onto a higher path. people like and are impressed by that shit.
>>
I was.

Only about 50% of other students in my classes were 18 (or at least appeared that age) and the rest were anywhere from 20s to 50s.
>>
>>25805164
I am just like that, anon.

And something else. Cause of situation, I won't find a girl till the end of university. Never had one. After 25 I can only find wife that will either love me for money, or not find anything at all, cause no experience in that at all and not chad/normie.
>>
>>25806576
And I am feared of being alone for whole life, or better to say, wagecuck... Could give money to charity, that would be a nice thing and could feel better myself, but it's a far future.
>>
>>25806576
I've had girls but not ones I would want to marry and have kids with, either Asians or chubby white sluts or tatted white sluts.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.