[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Undertale is an unoriginal piece of shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
The thread from yesterday opened my eyes to how really shitty the game is, and I even own it.

Cave Story:
>goats almost look exactly like mimigas
>flowers associated with evil/defilement of said mimigoats
>"science is evil!!!"
>ballos and sans are both short, fat, have flashing eyes, and are the bosses of a hidden path
>mettaton and balrog are both comedic relief robots who burst through a wall saying "oh yeah!" at one point
>both main characters go underground

FF6:
>ripped soundfonts and opera scene

Earthbound:
>temmie = mr. saturn

Internet Memes
>froggit = pepe
>longdog = longcat
>burgerpants = dropped my spaggetti

Boy do I feel like a fucking idiot now knowing Fox is running off with all my cash.
>>
>>25793492
Wow great post OP I cum on cat it hiss at penis
>>
>>25793492
I could do what you're doing with any game. Fuck off
>>
>>25793652
he also recycled his own work
most of the music is recycled from previous games or from homestuck

there's barely anything original about it
>>
>>25793492

Actually the story is about the simple fact that smiting everyone in your path will make you no friends aside from people you really don't want to be around.
>>
File: Not impressed.jpg (68 KB, 545x351) Image search: [Google]
Not impressed.jpg
68 KB, 545x351
>>25793492
>A hero saves a bunch of disadvantaged characters from a lifetime of being trapped in a bad situation.

Not original? Surely you jest?
>>
>>25793492
I'm surprised you list earthbound but then fail to list off that the entire game is a homage to earthbound.

>final boss = giygas
>striped shirt hero
>sans and papyrus are mother 3 brothers "brother killer"
>all sprites are same color/look of earthbound shit
>>
Undershit is all right but he did just copy JRPGs. Storywise I felt he was inspired by Wild Arms 1. They both are about demons losing a place to live because of humans. As a result the demons become pissed off at humans and wanted to kill all humans. But in both games after a lot of time has passed there are now both humans and demons who just want to get along, but they can't because of tradition.

There are a few character archetype copies too, like the tall lanky joke character Papyrus/Zed who wears a scarf (even their sprites are similar), the female knight general & bad demon Undying/Lady Harken who was actually good, the spear using king/general, lots of spears, etc.

But what do I know. The Undertale fandom is weird, the game is just an OK one with a few gameplay problems.
>>
File: 1434094073012.png (64 KB, 295x427) Image search: [Google]
1434094073012.png
64 KB, 295x427
the game takes a lot of insperation from earthbound, especially considering that the guy who made it was part of the homestuck team.

homestuck is like earthbound if it was a tween drama with a tumblr fanbase, undertale is merely an extention of that
>>
"GUYS! GUYS! HIS GAME ISN'T 100% UNIQUE! SOME OF THE CHARACTERS ARE SIMILAR TO SOME CHARACTERS TO GAMES I REALLY LIKE BUT NO ONE ELSE LIKES! THAT MEANS IT'S A SHIT GAME RIGHT?!?!?!"

Come on man, if you didn't like it bother steam for a refund and don't play it.

But really, we know why you don't like it. That reason has nothing to do with the game itself.
>>
File: FFVII-MidgarZolom_Death.jpg (38 KB, 320x394) Image search: [Google]
FFVII-MidgarZolom_Death.jpg
38 KB, 320x394
>>25793714

The player character is basically Sepiroth from Final Fantasy 7 in shota/loli form.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.