[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I moved out at 23 and I'm living alone. I make enough money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: roommate.jpg (43 KB, 590x294) Image search: [Google]
roommate.jpg
43 KB, 590x294
I moved out at 23 and I'm living alone. I make enough money to not have to live off ramen after paying rent/bills.

How do I not become a spooky skeleton shut-in? It seems so easy to come home from work and just go straight to my computer in the dark.
>>
>>25785959
Yeah same here anon

I'm pretty content
>>
>>25785975
Do you ever think about roommates or is it worth paying extra for privacy?
>>
>>25785959
What do you do for work anon? How much you make if I may ask?
>>
What did you major in, in college?
What is your career?

I myself am 20, and a sophomore in college and so far its a disaster. My future is completely uncertain. I'd be happy just to be able to live alone and pay rent.
>>
>>25786008
>>25786010
I got my associate's degree in business administration and ended up getting an advisor job at the community college I got the degree from. I recently just got kicked out of my biomedical engineering bachelor's program for having a 1.7GPA. I fucking hate school and higher education but I am a terrific liar and can pretend I believe the bullshit I spew to new college students I advise.

It pays $15.50 an hour and I have a set 29 hours a week. Got enough to pay rent/bills with one check, then food/entertainment/savings with the next.
>>
>>25786048
I'm a chemistry major and have about a 1.6 gpa. I think I might get kicked out of college. My only passion is history but you can't make money out of it.
>>
>>25785959
Try getting some weights and working out when you do get some protein in you.
>>
>>25786070
My best advice is an associates in science degree. They're relatively easy as fuck and can land decent entry level jobs.

Do not stay a chemistry major if your passion is not chemistry anon. You're gonna end up wasting your money, and more importantly your time.

If history is truly your passion start volunteering at museums, get a semi-related major like english or something along those lines, and keep looking until you find a history-oriented job.
>>
>>25786128
Thanks mate, I just feel very trapped, knowing that I've wasted thousands of my parents money, and so far it isn't paying off.
>>
>>25786176
Honestly getting the letter from my university that I got kicked out of the college was a huge stressor off my mind.

If college is making you feel trapped you've got to seek an actual academic advisor, find a way out and either perservere through it and finish, or drop out and find something else to supplement your growth.

Jobs just want to see that you're proactive. Some may require a piece of paper saying you spent $30000 to learn shit you could easily google, but most just want to see that you're not just twiddling your thumbs.

Godspeed senpai.
>>
>>25785981
I've lived on my own for 5 years there is no way I could do back to sharing my living space.

100% worth extra money.
>>
I wanna move out after college but I shutter when I think about how much a home costs. Even tiny ones. On the other hand I don't want to wagecuck day in and day out to fund all the fucking bills. Just end me now.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.