[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finally hit 2 plate deadlift after 8 months of starting as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3
File: feels.jpg (173 KB, 1579x800) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
173 KB, 1579x800
>finally hit 2 plate deadlift after 8 months of starting as a skinnyfat weakling piece of shit
>155 pounds, mostly fat
>Check google to see how other people feel about hitting that plateu
>Most threads are from /misc/
>Bunch of people saying good job to posters, others making fun and saying they started with 2 plates
>Bunch say girls lift a plate without ever touching the gym
>Feel depressed because I'm still a weakling
Can't even bench 1 plate...
>>
Eat more faggot.
>>
>>25784102
>8 months
lol jesus christ i started with 2 plate and i was the exact same
>>
Does two plate mean 2 45lb weights on each side of the barbell for 225lb total?
>>
The idiots who disagree when I say genetics are the biggest factor need to see threads like these.
>>
>>25784102
2 plate dl isnt impressive, but all that matters is that youre improving

dont quit brah, we're all gonna make it
>>
It doesn't matter where you start anon, only where you finish.

We're all gonna do it eventually.
>>
>>25784203
Thats exactly what it means
>>
That's pretty low and those others are probably telling the truth (I worked up from two pl8, but I had lifted before just never deadlifted) since it's not very much for a man.
If you're making consistent progress, keep at it, but I'd double check if you're really pushing yourself.
>>
>>25784102
Doesn't matter, seriously. You get one shot to live and your shot made you a DYEL weakling. You can either live your life as a skinny faggot or you can choose to get stronger. Nothing you can do about it except hit the gym more.

You'll get bigger eventually. Maybe try being more rigorous with your diet. No one in the gym is going to give you shit for being there and trying.
>>
>>25784102
>>finally hit 2 plate deadlift after 8 months of starting as a skinnyfat weakling piece of shit
That's good, dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Also, /fit/ is a terrible board, never go there
>>
>>25784340
This tbqh. Nothing but
> lmao can't even squat 10 p8s what a pussy
>>
How do you not lose motivation?

I started super hyped but eventually I lost all my motivation and just stopped about 4 months.

It's just a bunch of stuff that happened that all drove my motivation down, but generally not being able to live up to the expectations and the schedule that was proposed by the program.
>>
>>25784340
This. Keep doing what you're doing.

>>25784489
you're a faggot and need to get your weak ass back to the gym
>>
Nigga I worked nightshoft storage for 2 years, routinely lifting 50 kilos and carrying that shit on my shoulders for 8-hour shifts. You lift twice that once and cum all over yourself
>>
>>25784102
My cock longs for your boypussy. I'd say that means you've succeeded.
>>
>>25784102

Getting /fit/ is type of self competition. Relative strength is all genetics; Don't sweat it too much
>>
>>25784102
I can't bench one plate either, but I could deadlift 3 plates as soon as I started lifted. It was only for one rep though.

5'11
>>
All you can do is keep going. Soon you'll be at the point were your stronger than the average guy.
Sounds like your on the right path, doing DL and bench.
Just keep going
>>
>>25784674
Believe me man I'm nowhere near cumming over myself.
Not even close.
>>25784489
I lose it all the time. It's only been once I've seen that I can actually get up even if it's slow as fuck that I keep trying.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I eat my bodyweight in protein and have at least 2k cals every day.

And I do push myself, I've had reps that were barely going up and reps that I haven't even been able to do yet I still tried.

But now I'm stuck with a garbage bench for 2 weeks, 35 pounds a side.

Skinnyfat is the worst, feels like nothing I do changes this crap and people jumping in going "I started with 2 plates" is crazy to me.

But then again all I've done is sit on my ass and play videogames, these guys probably were physical in their life.

Still, every day's a challenge.

>>25784949
Ah shut up..
>>
>>25785043
>as soon as I started
lel enjoy your herniated discs and fucked up knees KEK
>>
>>25785891
No, my form was fine, i did a lot of research before I got into it
>>
>170lb 5'6 strongfat
>check /fit/ out and try deadlifts
>warm up and reach a comfy 2plate
>could easily do more but was inexperienced so capped myself to lower weight while working form down just to be super careful
Feels good to be strongfat and not skinnyfat.
>>
>>25784102
>Bunch say girls lift a plate without ever touching the gym
People just say that for the sake of making you feel bad. All the girks ive seem try to bench could barely bench the bar. Maybe in the ipf girls who have been training for years but most girls are weak as fuck especially in the bench.
>>
>>25785940
If you're deadlifting 2pl8, you're not strongfat dude, you're just fat, deadlift is by far the lift where being heavier gives you the most advantage.

>>25784102
You shouldn't try to compare yourself to other people in general OP, let alone randoms on an internet forum that can tell people they lift whatever they feel like saying, with no consequences at all.

/fit/ in particular is bad for this, though that might just be I've browsed it the most. Apparently everyone there hit at least 1/2/3/4 within a year of lifting and is at least 6'3 12%bf, but every poll there shows the average poster is under 18 and has been lifting for less than 6 months.
>>
>>25784102
op, perhaps you have a health-issue?
>>
>>25784102
wow anon, I stopped working normally about 15 years ago.

every once in a while I hit the gym and I can always start off benching at least 1 plate and more than 2 plate DL

I bet your form is bad, lifting is a mechanical activity, if you have the wrong mechanics you can't lift shit.
>>
>>25786196
isn't 1, just 135 pounds? That doesn't sound like a hard benchpress to meet.
>>
>>25786376
It isn't. 2 plate DL is a little tougher though
>>
>>25786376
1/2/3/4 means
135 lbs The Press
225 lbs bench
315 squat
405 diddlylift
>>
>>25786376
135lbs isn't super heavy, no, but it's pretty damn good for a first time bench, not many people legitimately start out doing it.

And 1/2/3/4 is a 2pl8 benchpress, the 1 is for OHP.

2pl8 for deadlift is more technical than a one plate bench, if you have terrible form on a deadlift, 225lbs is more than enough to herniate a disc.
>>
Nice senpaifamfam

Im sitting at lmao1pl8 bench but I can get 3-4 reps off.
Never tried to max out because I lift alone.

Hit a 2pl8 diddy the other day. I remember having a hard time doing 25's on each side a few months ago.
>>
File: 1442225264862.jpg (229 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1442225264862.jpg
229 KB, 800x800
>>25784102
>tfw about to hit 1pl8 squat and deadlift

I've come a long way from just the bar. Picked up 8 lbs in two weeks.

My bench and OHP are lacking hard though. Might do extra days just for upper body.

I am on SL + GOMAD at the moment.
>>
if i weighed 200 and first started with a dl of 335, does that mean i have stronk genetics? or maybe just retard strength
>>
>>25786604
Pffft my 12 year old sister started with a 4plate dead at a bw of 64 lbs yer nothin special kiddo
>>
>>25786604
Depends on how tall you are, but honestly, even if you were some sort of stupidly strong novice with genetics better than world class powerlifters (you're not, by the way) all that starting out that heavy means is you're a fucking idiot. Beginner programs start you out light so you develop good form, starting out that heavy is a guarantee your form was terrible.
>>
>>25786378
>>25786578
Also please remember that 1/2/3/4 is the standard for 5 reps. Anyone can channel retard strength with shit form to cheat the bar up for one rep, 5 reps provides a much better standard
>>
>>25786780
1/2/3/4 should mean for reps, I agree that it's pretty possible for someone to have terrible form and move weight way above what they could do for a 1rm. But most of the time when people say their lifts are at 1/2/3/4 they mean just for one rep, doing it for 5 is where I'd say it gets impressive though.
>>
no girl could lift a plate without training.

don't listen to misc...i shouldn't have to tell you this.
>>
>>25787500
Yeah, misc is possibly the only fitness board worse than /fit/, and /fit/ is pretty fucking terrible.
>>
>>25785611
You might have low test. Go to your doc and ask for a blood test
>>
>>25787547
People with no real knowledge of endocrinology shouldn't talk about it anon, the odds of him having low testosterone compared to literally any of the dozens of much, much more common things that could cause him to not put on muscle as much as he should are pretty damn slim.

Odds are his diet is shit, or he's not sleeping enough, or is too stressed over whatever, or isn't pushing himself. And even if none of those were true, there's so many other things that it could be before most doctors would even consider testosterone, because the main symptoms of low test aren't just not putting on muscle. Inability to get or maintain erections would likely be what made him see a doctor for that.

The whole low/high test shit is just a meme.
>>
>>25787620
You could be onto something, I'm constantly stressed about life in general and my sleep isn't the best. I think I get at least 6 hours of sleep though, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night

I can assure you I am pushing myself, my disappointment in my own inability to improve forces me to.
>>
>>25787919
It's nearly definitely your sleep then, you should be aiming for about 8 hours a night of good sleep to get proper gains. It sounds like you're getting mostly interrupted sleep as well.

What in particular is stressing you?
>>
>>25787999
Shit man, everything. My no gains, my minimum wage job, college, knowing I have no real desire to work ANY job just to "live", everything.

No gf and virginity have stopped bothering me
>>
>155 pounds, mostly fat
how can you be fat at 155 pounds? are you a midget?
>>
>>25788075
Don't stress about your gains man, they'll come with time, and stressing about them just makes it worse.

Does your college degree interest you? Because that seems like it would solve a couple of the issues, the whole not working to live thing, and anything is less stressful when you enjoy it.

Minimum wage job is just something I guess we all have to do at some point though, sucks for sure.
>>
>>25784102
>deathlifts

real goddamn genius, let's see how much weight we can support ON OUR SPINES
>>
>>25788132
5'10
Skinnyfat
AKA the worst existence for anybody

>>25788164
My gains are coming so slow it's a joke. I can barely increase 5 pounds every 2 weeks for bench and I'm not even at a plate. It stresses me out because I seem to be the only abnormal fucking guy in the gym or something.

My college degree is interesting objectively, but I just don't have the desire to do anything. Nothing makes me happy man, this is all just a requirement and I chose the least boring thing.
Kinesiology

Been working at my dead end job for years because I don't know what to do and it's easier to just keep robotically doing the same shit monkey job over and over
>>
>>25788198
Are you eating enough? Is your routine good? These are the essentials.
>>
>>25788164
Going to bed but thanks for being eyes/ear to vent to.

Night guys, I hope none of your gym escapades are as shitty as mine
>>
>>25788198
>I have nothing to contribute
What wagecuckery have you been doing? Warehouse? Retail?
>>
>>25788198
oh alright I feel for you. I'm about 5'10 as well and probably weigh around 155 atm and am not fat at all, so I was a bit confused. guess I'm more muscular than I think but my warped self image tells me I have a meh body
>>
>>25785611
I'm a 130 lb Skellington and that's how much I bench. Can't deadlift or squat for shit though
>>
>>25788220
Before I go: 2k cals a day, 120g protein at least

Mon Wed Fri
A B A

A: Dead/Bench/Squat/Tricep Extensions/Curls

B: OHP/Squat/Bent Over Rows/Curls

My squat is really bad, apparently my form is fine from what people see but any weight above 105 is a no-go. I lean far too forward and can't get it stable.

Hope this thread is still up in the morning or something
>>
So fucking what? You've committed 8 months to improving yourself, it doesn't matter how weak you are now. Just imagine in another two years how strong you will be. I couldn't bench the bar when I first started, can do 235lbs now and I'm bigger than 99% of the population.
>>
>>25788198
What's your routine like? And really, sleep is incredibly important, if you're not getting good rest, you're not getting gains, pretty much at all.

I was the same as you for about as long as you've been lifting, started getting good sleep, and I've been able to increase pretty much linearly since then.

It does sound like you should see a therapist though, if nothing makes you happy at all, even though you find something interesting, you could be somewhat depressed, or have a bit of dysthymia at least, which can fuck your sleep pretty damn badly.

Are you reliant on your job for housing?
>>
>>25786595
>GOMAD
I love me some milk, but I don't think I could do a gallon a day.
>>
>>25788259
Ok, so just before you're gone, 2k cals is not enough, at 155lbs, that's cutting weight territory, I'm only 170lbs and I bulk at about 3000.

As shit as /fit/ is, read the sticky there, the info is fucking great. Your routine is basically just stronglifts as well as some accessories.

And try a different type of squat, lowbar was suffering for me, but highbar is much better for form from what I've found, might be the same for you.

You do need to eat more though, your protein and routine both seem fine, I'd do squats first every day though, they're more taxing.
>>
>>25788259

500 calorie surplus at least senpai
>>
>>25784489
You learn eventually that it's never about motivation, it's about discipline. I strongly doubt there are many people out there who are genuinely pumped about doing he same heavy lifting every week, but the ones that do it despite not wanting to are the ones that make it. It's literally the reason why almost everyone you meet has at some point been to the gym or started working out, but when you look around, how many of them look like they have ever touched a weight?
There have been times when the absolute last thing I have wanted to do was squats on a Monday arvo after a long day, but you just fucking do it anyway and you will feel good after.
>>
>tfw 4pl8 for 5 reps today
Feels good man, just gotta stick with it
>>
>>25788268
I'm severely depressed and I've tried both therapy and meds. Meds are not a long term solution, and therapy hasn't changed my opinion on anything. I don't like the "Work to live" shtick and I'm too much of a loser to make my own business/work from home or whatever.

And sorry realized I forgot to say the rep scheme: I usually try to go for 5 reps with 4 sets for everything but deads, but I find myself taking pretty long breaks mostly for bench. Like 4-5 minutes at most

Is sleep really that important? Fuck me if it's not one thing it's another. I'm going to try my best and sleep, you can see how well that's going since I'm still here lol. Okay I'm out for real, jesus. Thanks again anon

>>25788263
And you're right as well, thank you.

>>25788315
I'll give it a shot, if I do squats first my deads probably won't go as well but I'll see
>>
>>25788371
Meds are shit a lot of the time, I agree. Therapy is difficult because it only really helps when you're motivated to help yourself, and you really do have to dedicate yourself to doing it. I honestly don't know what the solution is with that, I suffered from psychotic depression for a few years, but the only thing that really helped me was a massive change in my environment and lifestyle.

5x4 is fine, though you may as well either up it to 5x5 or lower to 5x3 if you're going to. And breaks like that are normal, even recommended on strength routines.

Sleep is incredibly important, yes, one of the main factors next to diet and lifting. Go get some rest anon, you'd be suprised how helpful it is.

And squats being heavier with good form will make your deads better, don't worry about that, they don't work the exact same muscles, so your deadlift won't suffer too much, and it'll be made up by the strength you gain from doing heavier squats.
>>
>>25788371
Sleep is important, just like food and good lifts. Your body needs these to make muscle, and desu it'll help your life in general too. I know eating and lifting and sleeping is a lot but these are the basics. Apply them and you'll get results, I guarantee it. It feels so good once you get this shit going brother I promise you. I've been in darkness you have no idea, and this shit pulled me the fuck out. No one can take your body from you, it's yours and for you alone. Develop yourself into your ideal form. Go to sleep each night knowing you are growing and becoming the best you can be. Nothing like that feeling. My life is a shit show but I have this no matter what.
>>
>>25785986
Most girls will be at 1 plate after 6 months to a year. The female PT at my gym is squatting 90kg for singles after years of training. That's pretty normal since most people rarely follow a proper progression scheme

When I was 17 I was about 75kg and very fit from doing shit like calisthenics at home every day. I when I started squatting I started with a 115kgx1 and 100kgx5. I stopped for a long time and became a fat, sedentary fuck.

When I started again I had a 50kg squat and 60kg deadlift and I weighed around 90kg. After 6 weeks of training and ~10kg gain on squats and deads each week + some minor setbacks in squats I had a 100kg squat and 125kg deadlift. Now I've started running and I've deloaded back to 90kg squat and 110kg deadlift and I'm progressing at 2.5kg per workout and i'll continue this way until I stop progressing

Most people in the gym are stronger than me but all that should matter is your progression. Don't compare yourself to the guy who squats 120kg because he'll be squatting 120kg next week and the week after. He's been training for years and has no set progression, he just does what he feels and never sets goals and accomplishes them or pushes himself. This is the average gym goer. If you progress properly you'll be stronger within a few months.
>>
>>25784102
>chad played football and what not in his younger ages.
>wonders why some people start with heavier weight.
Comparing yourself to others if futile, because they started with different strength levels than you do. There is no point in comparing. Lifting is your journey.
>>
>>25784102
What routine do you do?
>How do you improve your form?
>>
>>25785611
>2k cals every day.

No wonder. You need to eat 500 calories more to add weight on slowly. 2k is supposedly the amount a normal bloke is supposed to eat
>>
What would be the official r9k routine
>>
I'll shake doing the bar so fuck off hulk hogan
>>
File: 1338390967132.png (397 KB, 578x609) Image search: [Google]
1338390967132.png
397 KB, 578x609
>>25788371
>>25788371
You need to hit the gym more. Try going for at least 4 days a week, it looks like your routine doesn't have anything but compound lifts and a few random arm exercises. It's really no wonder that you're not making progress, you need to work those auxiliary muscles. Since you said you just played vidya all the time your body probably has no experience lifting and isn't used to the motions yet, especially your Central Nervous System, which is a big part of getting into lifting and making 'dem gainz.

Try this
A Squat 4x12 70-80% of your max
Leg extensions 4x12
Hammy Curls 4x12
Deadlifts 4x12 70-80% of your max

B Barbell Bench 4x12 70-80%
Incline Bench 4x12 70-80%
Skull Crushers 4x8-12
Triceps Cable extensions 1 arm 4x8-12
Cable Flys 4x12

C Pendlay Rows 4x12
1 arm dumbbell rows 4x12
Lat pulldowns 4x12
OHP 4x12
Arnolds 4x12
Face Pulls 4x12

D Preacher Curls 4x8-12
Hammer Curls 4x8-12
Sitting Dumb bell Curls 1 arm 4x8-12
Triceps cable Extensions 4x8-12
Triceps 1 arm Kickbacks 4x8-12
Super set some of these for better burn

At LEAST 3 different core exercises with one using weight such as:
Weighted Curls with the rope 4x20-25
Decline Sit ups
Planks
Russian Twists
Windmills
Flutter Kicks
etc.

Work ALL of your muscles and you should see gains there dude. Also, you need the volume of 4x12, not 3x5. 3x5 is great if you've already got something but you need to build that muscular endurance. Source: I'm a Chad irl and usually come here for Schadenfreude lol
>>
>>25791783
>Starting with a bro split
>bro split ever

No OP, continue with your strength plan. Read Starting Strength. You are doing a solid routine, eat more, sleep more, push it in the gym. The gains will come in time.
>>
>>25784102
>benching 1 plate
That's not how it works anon
>>
>>25791861
Great contribution. If it isn't working, keep going. Good idea
>>
>>25784102
It's not incredible or anything but as long as you continue progressing that's all that matters. Don't listen to trolls on fit saying if you don't hit 1/2/3/4 in 6 months you are a worthless weakling it took me quite a bit longer than a year to reach those numbers and I started out a skinny 150 lb dyel. My bench is still pathetic compared to others who have been lifting as long as me (245) and my squat isn't very impressive either tho I did hit 335 for 5 reps on dl yesterday but I have been lifting for years. It really is about genetics when it comes to strength and some of us just aren't built to bench 2-3 plates for 8 reps. Unless you want t start juicing.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.