[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are females more likely to be vegan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: based bacon.jpg (71 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
based bacon.jpg
71 KB, 500x350
why are females more likely to be vegan?
>>
They are and honestly, it's not as bad for females. They don't have nearly as much nutrient need as men.
>>
more likely to be empathetic towards animals. hence why most trainers, animal shelter workers, vet techs, vets, etc are female

>>25783181
that's a fine load of shit my friend
>>
File: baby animal.png (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
baby animal.png
78 KB, 640x480
Many possible reasons:

1. they see a baby animal and feel empathy

2. they are tend to make decisions based on emotions more often than men

3. they may be slightly better at connecting the dots between animals and us in terms of our relationship

It's also worth noting there are comparatively few:
>female butchers
>female workers in slaughter houses
>female cattle truck drivers

There are plenty of women who are not squeamish about preparing the parts of the animal once it's been butchered so maybe that's less distinctively associated with the living animal the parts came from.
>>
>>25783181
>They don't have nearly as much nutrient need as men.
Is this broscience? Females need a lot more iron than males.
>>
It's a trendy social media meme.

And women are media drones.
>>
>>25783181
hey man make a thread so i can ask u questions
>>
>>25783129
because females tend to be more compassionate as a result of motherly instincts.
Also because there is this thing in our culture where macho manly men eat meat, that goes kind of along with the same idea as men dont cry. Being vegan implies a sort of caring and 'emotions are not very manly'.

>> i am vegan btw
>>
Girls are gains goblins
>>
Well they do need more iron, but are also more likely to feel compassion for "weaker" beings, and usually for good reason. All carnivorous males need to kill or at least scream, almost like cats.
>>
>>25783244
I consume 3000-4000 calories a day depending on how active I am. My wife consumes 500-1250 a day. You can only eat so much rice and beans before the fiber becomes too much. It's entirely possible to eat fiber heavy food if you only need 500-1250 a day. If you need 3000-4000, it's just not happening.

>>25783274
Broscience works. For just about everything in life, execution matters more than planning. The imperfect plan done with vigor will yield far better results than the perfect plan done half heartedly. Most the people railing against broscience are the ones who don't do anything.

>>25783348
I could make a thread but why not ask here?
>>
>>25783652
i eat on average 3000 daily as a vegan. of course it wouldn't be doable on rice and beans alone, but when you add in some healthy fats it becomes quite easy.

>and on a side note, eating under 1000 cal per day is a red flag for an eating disorder and even if she ate the healthiest of the healthy foods it would not be enough to meet all her nutritional needs with so few calories.
>>
>>25783366
More like men require more protein because more testosterone. If you eat meat you will get some muscle just by virtue of being a boy.
>>
>>25784091
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
>>25784091
or http://authoritynutrition.com/how-much-protein-per-day/
or
http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/protein-guide-maximum-muscle

you actually don't need a crazy amount of protein, the requirements listed are easily attainable in a plant-based diet
>>
>>25783129
Because it's a hip fad and an identity. Men don't need to latch onto a predefined identity, they create their own.
>>
>>25783129
Because they have smaller brains
>>
>>25783652
>thinks all you can eat are rice and beans
nope

and there's vegan body builders and athletes, it's very doable if you have the correct knowledge on nutrition
>>
File: vegan?.jpg (300 KB, 713x1077) Image search: [Google]
vegan?.jpg
300 KB, 713x1077
>>25783652
> 3000 cal day plan, over 100g protein.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.