[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Owning property
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 550x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 550x440
Ok robots, forget the GF's and the feels for a second. Do any of you ever want to be able to buy your own home?

Do you prefer to rent for life? Nomad lifestyle?

For me? A nice little 3 bedroom ranch near a large city seems nice.
>>
>>25782515
I already own my own home. It is in a suburbs surrounded by 3 large cities.
>>
File: BossRoss.jpg (508 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BossRoss.jpg
508 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw you want your first house to be a warehouse
ill just build a plywood shack in the corner or something to sleep in.
>tfw you technically live in a mansion.
>>
>>25782515

Nope. No family, or SO, so even if I could have any house, I see a house as unnecessary burden of effort.
>>
I did. It kind of sucks. But also kind of rules?
>>
>>25782515
I'd like a tiny house in the country.
>>
>>25782553

Gratz anon. Are you happy with it?
>>
> bought a house
> dad moved into it before I did because he has no place else go
> can't relax in my own house because he camps out in my living room and watches tv 14 hours a day
> ruined the walls because he showers once every couple months and leaves greasy finger smudges EVERYWHERE
> constantly leaves cigarette butts all over my yard
> keeps leaving front/rear doors wide open in the middle of winter even though i have to pay for heat

being a home owner feels great man
>>
>>25782515
I had a house but I let my brother take care of it (he has a family so I was like meh.) Can't stop that drifter spirit.
Sleep tight guys.
>>
I'll be inheriting my grandma's and parents' house when they die, feels good.

>>25782663

Kick that fucker out and enjoy your house
>>
>get house
>sell it
>buy motorcycle instead, and a tent and luggage.
>travel around the country / world living adventures
>ran out of money.
>sell motorcycle
>buy gun
>kill myself

That's pretty much it. If you couldn't find happiness in your whole trip, that's the only answer
>>
>>25782515

Yeah. I'd like to either build or buy a gigantic custom house near the coast. Two bedroom with a huge deck. Get to spend each day and night watching the sunset over the ocean. Maybe center myself around Portland so I can get away to the city every now and then.
>>
>>25782515
>owning home

what a meme, you don't own the home, the government does. Stop paying taxes and they'll seize it and imprison you.
>>
>>25784184
Stop being cucked by your body, starvation is just a meme
>>
I just bought my first property at 24, a mediocre looking unit in a shitty suburb. Still cost me $330k because I live in fucking Sydney. I don't plan on living in it, just renting it out, so I guess I'll eventually sell it to buy myself somewhere nice to live if I ever get married.
>>
>>25782515
>Do any of you ever want to be able to buy your own home?
Yes. I'd like something just beyond the suburbs. Not in the middle of nowhere, but crowed either. I'm almost halfway to having enough saved up and once I get out of school, I'll start looking once I land somewhere.
>>
I'd like to live in a big rural home with a swimming pool and vegetable garden. Realistically speaking I'll consider myself lucky to own a one bedroom place somewhere that murderers don't live and where my dog is allowed.
>>
>>25784184
This
is the sad truth. I thought being a homeowner meant something. it doesn't. at best, you won't hear footsteps above/below you as in an apartment. but nothing changes, nothing fucking changes. Govt owns your ass man. sad reality
>>
>>25784540
>nothing changes

nigga you don't pay expensive ass rent how is that not a plus? how does owning a piece of land or whatever work in the US?
>>
>>25784540
>>25784184
sad thing is property tax is introduced to help fund a war

when the war was over the taxes stayed

All of you are slaves. this is the world we live in. There is no freedom
>>
>>25784184
>>25784540
You realize the alternative is paying someone elses mortgage through rent, right? Or just leeching off your parents, which is even more pathetic.
>>
>>25784741
What's pathetic is you have to pay for shelter for life

You will never own your own property
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.