[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friday night drinking thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13
you guys know the drill! get in here and tell us what you're drinking and why you're drinking it

I'm switching it up this week, ditched my absolut and got this instead

and as per usual ask a tipsy femanon anything
>>
>>25776570

You dirty little skank you. Just had to announce your gender so all these boys can show you some attention... Sounds like somebody needs to get fucked tonight is that pretty accurate miss... femanon, is it?
>>
About to go pick up some Absolut Wild Tea and Sprite. Then gonna get drunk and cuss at kids and black people in Black Ops 3.
>>
>>25776570
Didn't read your whole post. Why switching from based Absolut?
>>
>>25776570
>what you're drinking
Gin (Tanqueray 10) and orange juice

>why you're drinking it
Saturday morning here, taking the edge off the hangover from last night. Also it's easier to hide morning drinking this way, people assume its just orange juice.
>>
>>25776688
double doubles!

>>25776689
are you good at playing black ops 3 when you're drunk?
>>
>>25776688
WAIT TRIPLE DOUBLES NVM

>>25776710
someone got upset with me in an earlier thread for drinking absolut and not smirnoff so I told them I'd go with smirnoff instead

>>25776711
gin makes me sick. also lol treating a hangover with alcohol. I too have been tempted to do that but it would be awful in the long run. tell us about last night
>>
>>25776718
Thanks bra. All I'm sayin' is, Tits or Confirmed for weird oldfag pretending to be a girl (i.e.: GTFO)
Also let me get a cigarette
>>
>>25776780
what kind do you smoke? I have been considering smoking, I hear it does wonders for curbing your appetite
>>
Wish I could have a drink with you guys. All out myself and no shop nearby. Have one on me friends
>>
>>25776718
I'm a beast up to when I can only focus through one eye and have to close the other. Then by that time my words are so slurred that I just sound retarded. But yeh. I'm Brett good.
>>
>>25776743
>tell us about last night
Took the day off to go riding, started drinking beers once we got back in the early arvo.

Turned into a bit of a session, few more people came round once they finished work. Just sitting out the back drinking and grilling. About 6 of us.

Pretty uneventful, but still a good night. Summer heat + ~9 hours of sinking piss = hungover.
>>
>>25776743
Meh. Smirnoff isn't bad. Good for the price. I usually drink Crown or Hennessy but figured I'd go clear tonight.
>>
>>25776830
get a glass of water!

>>25776839
lol this is hilarious because I've lost one of my contacts so I can only focus through one eye and have to close the other in my daily life. but that's pretty impressive

>>25776842
that sounds so fun! are you australian
>>
>tfw you try to party with normies
>tfw they're shitfaced off 8 beers
>tfw you've finished your case (24) of cheap garbage
>tfw they try to talk to you about your drinking even though they're hammered and driving and youre not making a fool of yourself and taking the bus
>tfw you just wanna leave to go get a 12 pack and drink it so you can maybe fall asleep

Being an alcoholic stops being so fun after the first few months guys.
>>
EvercleR. More spcifically toox much everclscr, im abojt t go throuvh my contacts and start deprately callin g women

Stop me r9k pease
>>
Jesus I could go for a drink right now. Feeling like shit.

Too bad I got work in the morning.
>>
Dude im a girl lmao
>>
>>25776890
sure am! where are you based OP?
>>
>>25776885
I can't really stand anything but vodka bc everything else has too much flavour for me. as a result I am pretty much immune to vodka now it sucks and I need a whole lot to get buzzed

>>25776898
I think people pretend to be more shitfaced than they are around others. bring a case of non alcoholic beer to a party and give it to everyone and see how things play out

>>25776899
DON'T FUKIN DO IT ANON OR I'LL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE DON'T DO IT

>>25776906
what kind of hellish job do you have that you need to work on saturday morning

>>25776936
the gr8 white north, so we're commonwealth pals
>>
Drinking Jameson and Ginger Ale. Drinking cause it's a Friday night and I don't have work tomorrow
>>
>>25776810

Fuck no smoking is terrible for you. If I catch you I will seriously hardcore spank you
>>
>>25776981
lol mixing with ginger ale to pre-emptively get rid of a hangover. that's pretty smart i might try it

>>25777006
don't be weird
>>
>>25776967
Youre feallh commited to makimg this thrsad work opie

I'm stoll fonna do it
>>
how camt yuo guys drink mixed drinks or beers? I lose my buzz im an hour or so and habe to keep drinking all night
>>
>>25777067
no you're not there is no possible good outcome from this just don't do it you'll thank me later

>>25777088
can or can't? i can't drink beer or mixed drinks I think they're revolting
>>
Should I steal a bottle of wine from the basement?
>be me, 20
>alcoholic
>NEET
>haven't drank since September
>bad day today, really anxious and can't stop thinking about things I don't wanna think about
>not sure if parents will notice if it's gone but if they do things will be very bad
>>
>>25777119
don't do it anon, sober since sept is fucking awesome.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 607x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 607x434
bacardi 151 on the rocks

honestly just started my NEET life, i cant find a job. i have no car. i sit home all day. havent showered in a week. fuck it all. im going to get shitfaced tonight

pic related
>>
>>25777119
I don't think you should do it anon

what's bothering you?
>>
bleach

I hate my life
>>
>>25777119
>alcoholic
>haven't drank since September

Regardless, I say go for it
>>
File: 1448600946838.jpg (77 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1448600946838.jpg
77 KB, 800x800
that's exactly what i'm drinking. or will be drinking. i usually prefer whiskey (i like canadian whiskies mostly) but i ran out and i got this now left because i'm too lazy to go to the store. and kahlua. i might have some straight vodka and make a white russian. in the opposite order.

i have some paperwork type stuff i need to catch up on and i'm going to let myself get as trashed as i want, play as much vidya as i want, jerk off as much as i want, and stay up as late as i want if i get it all done. gonna have a fun night. then tomorrow my normie friend is gonna bring his pc and we're gonna game for several days. while drinking.
>>
>>25777150
lmao that picture

please take a shower you'll feel a lot better

also this is now a guilty pleasure music thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQUleX1PeA
>>
>>25777175
drink water instead anon!

>>25777177
so many sevens omg

also black russians are the only mixed drink I can tolerate. sounds like fun though! what kind of paperwork is it?
>>
File: 1452045125012.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1452045125012.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
>>25776967

>hellish job

Personal assistant. Job is chill, but once a month I need to work a full weekend. Shit sucks, but it's where I make most of my pay

At least next week I get a few days off, including the actual weekend.
>>
>>25777141
I didn't do it by choice. Shit's been real out here.
>>25777151
If they notice it's gone there will be HELL TO PAY. There's only one down there but it's been there for years cuz my mom just stopped drinking wine.
>>25777176
I was drinking every single day before then.
>>
>>25777219
ah that makes sense! so do you get to hang out with cool celebrities or businessmen a lot
>>
>>25777108
S'the worst part. Its usuzally fine and people talk for hulrs an tell me im so much happier than usual and to call more often.

the only me people value is drunk me
>>
>>25777236
so don't take it, that seems to be the most obvious solution here. do something else instead
>>
>>25777254
they don't sound like people you should be hanging out with in that case
>>
>>25777205
i make my white russians with milk instead of cream. i like coffee quite a bit so they are a nice drink for me. i don't really have a lot of mixed drinks though. but i like trying them. screwdrivers are pretty good.

i teach college courses and i have a lot of start-of-semester type stuff i need to take care of that piles up. class starts on tuesday. i also need to work on my applications for schools to do a phd at
>>
>>25777236
My bad. Congrats on being sober since September, don't do it
>>
>>25777313
blech I hate milk. love coffee, though, but only take it black

what field are you in?
>>
>>25777292
tge altnativd being?? so few pdople are worth snything, i'd be alone if I diddntn settle for them
>>
>>25777345
i like basically every drink ever and i often have like glasses of milk, tea, cider, beer, and whisky on my desk all at once drinking whatever i feel like

math. doing some sort-of genetics related research right now. but it's on the math stuff underlying what they do. i think i wanna do something related to the theory underlying networks eventually.
>>
>>25777362
the alternative being, you hang out with yourself and grow as a person. I am also surrounded by shitty people but I don't go out of my way to interact with them. just read a book or something or paint idk

>>25777402
holy shit! I love math (engineering major compsci minor). so you're doing more bioinformatics-type research? I would've thought it would be more of a CS thing. network theory sounds really interesting!
>>
File: nervous.jpg (16 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
16 KB, 250x237
european girl is bringing me alcoholic herbal tea; 70%+ alcohol content
>>
>>25777523
that sounds divine anon

are you gonna smash
>>
>>25777466
i finishe nostromo an hour Ago. I' not dextfous enough to play my saxophone. for qhat purpose is a tree to grows if not go shade those aroung it ?
>>
>>25777545
I don't see how that tree thing applies here but you are a human and not a tree. go get a glass of water please and drink that
>>
>>25777466
i had no idea you were a nerd too so i was using simpler terms, but i'm going to concentrate in combinatorics for my phd likely, mostly with graph theory type stuff.

yeah, it's kinda like bioinformatics... sort of. basically we're doing work to describe a polytope that you can do linear programming on to rebuild genetic trees from genetic distance information. like to describe it's underlying facets and edges.

what kind of engineering are you in? i was originally going to go into chemical engineering since i had and still somewhat have a really huge obsession with chemicals and used to do a lot of chemistry in my basement. but i decided i wanted to go into math when i started reading some theory stuff. actually probability theory got me into it at first then i started reading other theory like set theory and algebra.
>>
>8:15am
>drunk too much ggin
>kinda drunk again

oops
>>
>>25777523
sounds heavenly
>>
>>25777545
>>25777362
>>25777254
Oh boy, this is just too much. Only drunk guy in the alcoholic thread.
>>
>>25777591
I AM NOT PART OF THIS CONVERSATION AND HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING BUT I THINK IT'S AWESOME YOU'RE STRIVING FOR A PHD. WAY TO GO ANON!
>>
>>25776570
About to grab either a case of Yuengling, or a case of PBR, not sure which, yet.
>>25776810
Smoking doesn't do shit for hunger. Dipping, however, is something else. I've been tobacco free since November, but I could go a whole day of construction work with just a few pinches of dip and no food at all. Horrible for your gut, though, I have bad acid reflux.
>>
>live right across a liquor store
>don't know what to get
>low on money
>>
>>25777618
I'm tipsy and just spilt whiskey all over my couch. Hope that helps
>>
>>25777238

Not that kind of assistant sadly lol. Work for a wheel-chair enabled guy.

Job is chill as hell though, basically just browse 4chins while he's on his computer, mostly just helping him get dressed, eat, and go to the bathroom.

Got a free gamecube from his parents that they were gonna toss out while cleaning their attic. Pretty sweet.
>>
>>25777699
Yuengling is a lot better than PBR if you want a cheap beer.
>>
drinking jim beam with diet coke. ihate my life :)
>>
>>25777591
>nerd
never use this word again in my presence it is vile

>combinatorics and graph theory
those happen to be my two least favourite topics in CS lol

we actually briefly studied genetics-related applications of graph theory in a few lectures because our prof was a bioinformatics prof. that research sounds so cool!

I'm in electrical engineering! math is my first love too, ever since I was a kid, like I did a million international math contests all throughout highschool etc. but I couldn't ever study it as an academic career path because I would just end up hating it. I took a discrete math course and fell in love with that, though, especially set theory and like how simple shit like the pigeonhole principe or inclusion-exclusion can solve so many seemingly complex problems. ugh I just love it so much thank god someone else understands

>>25777604
go get some water!

>>25777618
lol it's not an alcoholic thread

>chemistry in my basement
aka "I had a meth lab"

>>25777699
>PBR
yuck

dipping grosses me out. I just know a lot of skinny girls who smoke and it helps them not eat. acid reflux is terrible :(

>>25777708
just pass on the drinking tonight maybe?

>>25777719
this is tragic

>>25777726
ohhh okay! that sounds like a really cool job. do you guys talk a lot? what's he like?
>>
File: Aku.jpg (37 KB, 145x130) Image search: [Google]
Aku.jpg
37 KB, 145x130
>>25777618
>Implying I don't type better than speak when drunk
Probably sucks to be someone who didn't grow up with a keyboard.
>>
>>25777737
who would want cheap beer? liquor is better if you just want to get drunk.
>>
>>25777765
oops the meth lab comment was for >>25777591

>>25777761
what is jim beam
>>
File: gambina.jpg (145 KB, 621x2682) Image search: [Google]
gambina.jpg
145 KB, 621x2682
>>25777708
Get whatever you can afford, man
>>
>>25777796
If you are a poorfag buying liquor isn't the best option you dumbfuck.
>>
>>25777765
>go get some water!

silly op, gin and water don't mix very well together
>>
>just want to get drunk but not sick right away
>make mixed drinks out of whiskey
>think about the prices and opt to buy 8 dollar for half a gallon whiskey because I'm just mixing it

I'm firing liquid out of every orifice help
>>
>>25777799
those numbers tho

jim beam is shitty bourbon.
>>
>>25777765

>what's he like

Like a fairly avergae teen theese days I would assume. Likes video games, but he also writes poetry, some of which is pretty good.

We talk a decent ammount, but of course, during the course of an entire day, there'll be a lot of silent moments lol.
>>
>>25777765
i forgot that popular culture (not pop culture, nicknames are for friends and popular culture is not my friend) ruined the word.

also yeah that's kinda what happens. i'm slightly burnt out and i don't do much work in it on my own anymore unless i have to but i still sometimes spend 6 hours reading a bunch of different mathematical topics. doesn't help that i'm a kind of lazy person in general. but that's part of why i like math, you can make things that take a long time to compute take a lot less time to compute. shortcuts. i also did all kinds of competitions when i was younger. i got 1st place in our county middle school contest for all 3 years.

discrete math is cool, i agree. i spent a lot of time learning set theory, finite algebra (i think this counts as discrete math?) and combinatorics. like 6 courses worth. no one i know irl besides in my program appreciates math that much and doesn't understand how you can do research in it even after i explain. they are just like "what's 9 cubed?!?!"
>>
>>25777708
Join the 40/40 Club and drink two MD 20/20''s in one sitting. it's cheap bum wine and will do the trick
>>
File: Beefeater.jpg (61 KB, 550x824) Image search: [Google]
Beefeater.jpg
61 KB, 550x824
It's the dog's bollocks.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1152x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1152x1536
I have a nice almond milk/vodka combination going kek
>>
>>25777917
I've been thinking about trying MD out but I'd feel like a lowlife piece of shit even more if I bought some. Might get some anyway, I just want to get hammered and forget about my shit life tonight.
>>
>>25777825
lol silly anon just get a drink of water and no alcohol

>>25777848
>half a gallon whiskey
this was a terrible idea. you're becoming dehydrated really quickly and prob also losing some blood sugar. try diluting some apple juice with water and take small sips out of that. orange juice is too acidic and will make you feel gross
I also would recommend soda crackers if you have those around

>>25777864
I was holding out for 777777 :(

>>25777883
he sounds like a cool kid! it's so hard to find poetry that isn't hella cringey

>>25777904
lol yes pop culture has co-opted and completely bastardized that word

yeah, CS/math/engineering/etc are for lazy people. I actually did a bit of premed in undergrad and fucking hated how much there was to memorize. in mathematics-heavy fields you can derive any formula from scratch if you forget

I'd say finite algebra is discrete math. all of my science friends are bio majors so I get "omg why do you even like math" or "you're doing engineering you must be so smart" all the time. it's just a preference imho, I couldn't do bio or history or something like that

>>25777950
this really is the dog's bollocks anon

but if that's true then why are you drinking it

>>25777960
I've never heard of that combo before! how is it
>>
>>25777967

>I just want to get hammered and forget about my shit life tonight.

Dude, get MD . It'll do the trick if you're not trying to spend much. No one's judging here. Well... at least I'm not
>>
Drinking some Strawberitas. They're good yo
>>
>>25778097
They are and fuck any mothafucka that calls you a fag for drinking them
>>
File: Get a load of this guy.jpg (46 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
Get a load of this guy.jpg
46 KB, 776x602
>>25778097
>strawberitas
plz
>>
I'm drinking Barone, red wine out of a box. It's pretty cheap and tastes good.
>>
>>25777816
actually it is. this is why you are a poorfag.

a 24 pack of PBR is $14. Each can is 12oz, and it is 4.74% ABV. so 24*12*.0474=13.536. this means that for $14 you get 13.536oz of alcohol. or $1.04 per ounce.

a fifth of UV vodka is $10 and is 40% alcohol. a fifth is .75 liters which is 25.36 ounces. so you get 25.36*.4=10.144 ounces of alcohol for $10. or $0.99 per ounce. and that's UV vodka. you could go even cheaper and get dilluted calliber or popov vodka or something and probably drop it to like $0.87 per ounce or something.

so in short, cheap liquor is cheaper and faster to get drunk on than cheap beer.
>>
>>25778133
>a fifth of UV vodka is $10 and is 40% alcohol
Now I feel like a fucking idiot for buying Jameson
>>
Got myself a bottle of Bucks Fizz.
>>
File: 1452361269116.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1452361269116.gif
2 MB, 400x250
captain morgan white + vanilla coke

the reason im drinking is because she is doing something fun and exciting and doesnt include me, the recipe for a great night
>>
File: 1381588073992.jpg (67 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
1381588073992.jpg
67 KB, 600x402
>rum
>ale
>gin
>wine
>bourbon
>vodka
>brandy
>>
>>25778064
memorization is disgusting. i'm really, really good at it but i think subjects where all you do is memorize are dumb. we invented books to memorize things for us. a long time ago. i can like take language classes without studying at all and get A's in them just because all of the stuff we learn never slips my memory. but i think it is silly and i prefer stuff like math and cs
>>
>>25778133
I also do this shit when buying booze anon

>buy best $ per unit of alcohol for week night drinking, take mixer into account
>>
>>25778090
Thanks anon. I'll hit the store here soon before they close... Would 1 bottle be good enough? I used to drink straight vodka so I think I built up a tolerance over the years.
>>
>>25778165
yeah man. jameson is like a treat. unless you are loaded. my go to drink is black velvet whiskey. i pick up other cheap whiskies to try here and there but it's been my favorite so far. it is only a couple bucks more than UV but it tastes a lot better.
>>
>>25778133
this desu pham

Minimize the shit that isn't alcohol vs. taste and price. Drinking 10 beers to get drunk is inefficient

also you feel a good liquor buzz come on so much faster as oposed to beer.
>>
>>25778097
I'm really sorry but this is the gayest sounding drink I have ever heard of in my life

>>25778132
box wine, so classy. I can't stand wine at all lol. why did you choose that in particular

>>25778133
HELL YEAH bringing some math in this bitch

>>25778186
ooh what's that?

>>25778189
who is "she"?

>>25778220
I am too lazy and incapable of focusing to memorize anything

>>25778291
this and also beer makes you fat
>>
>>25778236
Damn, I mean I usually mix. and never drank straight Vodka so I don't know if you'd be good with just one. Depending on what you get the ABV will be between between 13% and 20%. In college I used to get fucked up on drinking two and joining the 40/40 club. But you know you anon. Hope that helps
>>
>>25778064
>dog's bollocks
That's a good thing though, mate!
>>
>>25778307
It might sound gay but it's fucking good and gets you fucked up. No shame in it.
>>
>>25778347
oh shit sorry I'm north american

>>25778358
I didn't mean to shame you for it! I agree with that principle completely. cheers anon
>>
Drinking whisky, Jameson. Drinking cause my gf left me.
>>
Some 7.5% abv Alaskan IPA
Hopefully I'll forget how miserable I am for a while tonight.
>>
>>25778872
>inb4 normie get out REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: honhonhon.png (117 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
honhonhon.png
117 KB, 283x424
I just had a bottle of red wine
>>
>>25778919
>>25778872
>inb4 I'm a giant faggot
Wasn't gonna say anything, but fuck you and your stupid ex gf. I hope she's getting plowed by an entire asian street racing gang.
>>
>>25778872
that's a shitty reason to drink anon but how is your wishkey

>>25778952
gross i hate wine
>>
30, depressed for 15 years are a suicide attempt. Fired from nearly every job post-college. Living with dad at cabin. He's two years past divorce from my mom (35 years).

Working up the courage
>>
>>25778991
Good, warming. No ice tonight.
>>
I'm trying to decide between a bottle of cheap vodka or a box of wine. Liquor store closes in a little over an hour so I should pick soon.
>>
>>25779191
Cheap vodka. It's shit drinking cheap vodka straight but you can mix it at least. Try to avoid TAAKA vodka, it's pretty bad.
>>
>>25779012
please don't do it, anon

>>25779164
that's good

>>25779191
CHEAP VODKA
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.