[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies enjoy sports so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: sport.png (450 KB, 838x412) Image search: [Google]
sport.png
450 KB, 838x412
Why do normies enjoy sports so much?
>>
>>25775327
Why do NEETs enjoy anime so much?
>>
>>25775327

Same reason people on 4chan like anime. It's a form of escapsim. And actually, most normies I know don't have much true interest in sports. Just a superficial interest. I've yet to meet anyone who enjoys sports statistics and play making strategies as much as I do. Most just like it because it's "fun", and don't even have a team that they actually follow
>>
>>25775327

Some people enjoy exercise, competition, and a sense of community.

Is it really that hard to understand?
>>
Way to waste time off of their meaningless lives.
>>
>>25776254

Oh look, an elitist sports fanatic!
>>
>>25776233
SMASH THAT MUTHAFUCKIN' LIKE BUTTON!!!!!
>>
>>25776298

If people want to casually enjoy sports that's fine, but let's not pretend that they're real fans
>>
is it wrong to enjoy both anime and sports?
>>
>>25776723
>If people want to casually enjoy sports that's fine, but let's not pretend that they're real fans
I fucking hate all sports and I can agree that this statement is a fact, you aren't being elitist, you're just a genuine fan of something.
>>
>>25775327

> competition
> coordination
> strategy
> controlled combat
> relatively safe for the spectator
> real drama and not acting
> money can be made from gambling and fantasy sports

What's not to like really? Just because PE was rough for you doesn't mean sports are evil.
>>
>>25776254

Same here. Normies get into sports for an excuse to hate their co-worker over which school they went to or the ability to hate a neighboring city. Sports from an Xs and Os and statistical standpoint are great illustrations of spatial and statistical phenomena. Mathematicians should love sports. They should be enamoured with all the vectors and graphs, stat tables and projections, probability, and so on.
>>
/sp/ here

I seriously hope Hiro deletes this stupid board, it is so fucking stupid that I can't even handle the several autism from this place.
>>
>>25775327
Because it's competitive. People feel good putting down others, dominating them. Demonstrating to everyone how good and strong they are. It's not the same as escapism with anime, as mentioned above, because sports require lots of effort and dedication. With anime etc. you can sit there all year and in the end feel better than the people going outside, because you sat there wasting your time watching Japanese shows with bad English translations.
>>
>>25775327
I dont understand people obsessed with sports but I do like playing sports.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.