[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you to do lead a rich fulfilling life if you dropped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: book.jpg (225 KB, 736x1178) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
225 KB, 736x1178
What would you to do lead a rich fulfilling life if you dropped out of high school?
>>
You can't have one
>>
beg my favorite directors to take me as their apprentice
>>
Flee to Bosnia and become a social bandit.
>>
>>25762891
Bosnian here.

What?
>>
Just the other night I suggested that book. Good shit.

What I did was start college at 16 and tried to join the chair force. They didn't like that I took Adderall as a kid and I didn't feel like getting an exception letter or whatever. That was a mistake because they told me I raped the asvab. Anyway after getting a BS in behavioral science and not really finding much work I liked I enrolled in nursing school. Great hours, great pay, and until then I'm surrounded by the qt-est girls. I tried my hand at e-commerce, freelance writing, and running stupid niche sites before deciding on nursing. I learned a lot from it but I didn't have the patience to continue and at my peak I was making like $1800/mo. OK money I guess, but boring and I just got tired of it and hearing bullshit about when am I getting a real job.

If I had it to do over again I would have gone navy, had them nurse me up, then try for a doctorate in anesthesia on gi bill money's after my service was up. Nurse anesthetist is where it's at.
>>
>tfw no qt goat gf

Its not fair. We'd wake up an the ass crack of dawn, fuck, feed and milk our goats, have breakfast and fuck again, maybe work our garden a bit, then lay in bed together reading or watching Chinese girl cartoons together.
>>
become a self-employed tiler or something like my pleb friends, less money but more time and flexibility
>>
>>25763257
I wouldn't make it through the MEPS because of mental illness and bad genetics so I have to settle for wagecuckery
>>
Maybe I should have. All the time I spent in high school learning about Taft's Tubular Steampunk Taffy Machine I could have spent cultivating social skills by falling in with a bad crowd
>>
>>25763565

There's still NCO you could do. Wagecucking isn't for life though. Check out early retirement extreme. If that's too hard core jcollinsnh and Mr money mustache are the same idea but less '1 weird trick :save money on food by only eating lentils and live in the broom closet of your unis math department after you get a job there to save on rent'-like. The basic idea is shown in the trinity study. You can live on interest forever if you have well diversified mutual funds and live on 4% of your portfolio forever. That's 25 times your annual spending. Thanks to compounding interest though you don't have to buy 500k in vtsax to own 500k. If you make a bit above average, say 60k and try to live frugally you can get there in 10 years, less if you go ERE mode and live on lentils and wear clothes made from dryer lint. When figuring your 25x aim low. You can still work part time during retirement, and inevitably as a neet your hobbies will become a source of income, whether it's selling sculptures, teaching yoga, or streaming vidya money has a way of finding self actualized neets without them even trying for it. Get the back minimum if it's not enough you can cut back, supplement income, or supplement and cut back at the same time so your 4% is higher.
>>
>>25763712
goddamn anon, I love you
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.