[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to the mental hospital tomorrow. What can I expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Le Sweating Towel Fellow.png (298 KB, 2271x2380) Image search: [Google]
Le Sweating Towel Fellow.png
298 KB, 2271x2380
Going to the mental hospital tomorrow. What can I expect?
>>
sharp needles... and pricks
>>
>>25754929
Forced medication, group therapy, shitty living conditions..sucks...But as long as you pretend a smile and act as civilized as you can, than you will get out early.
>>
File: birthday8.jpg (20 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
birthday8.jpg
20 KB, 480x640
>>25754929

Wear velcro shoes anon. That's the best advice I can give
>>
>>25754929
qts that cut themselves
>>
File: 14590057._SX540_.jpg (32 KB, 540x361) Image search: [Google]
14590057._SX540_.jpg
32 KB, 540x361
>>25754929
i hope chief will take away your earthly pains
>>
>>25754929
Look, it really isn't as bad as those creepy fucking asylums you see on TV. If you're not severely mentally ill (i.e. debilitating schizophrenia and whatnot), they probably won't even shove full of needles and shit. Just embrace the fact you're kind of gonna be treated like a kindergartner again for a while and you'll be fine. Just try to make some friends and get past group therapy and all the clinically insane people.
>>
Prison tier food
That one crazy fuck down the hall who tries to kill the nurses every day
Broken men with no hope
That one girl who keeps trying to cut herself with whatever she can
"Butt juice"
Group therapy with people who hate life

And that was outpatient therapy. I got out pretty quick desu
ask me shit I guess
>>
Make friends.
>>
>>25754929
talk to everyone there, literally all of them are probably more beta than you.
>>
>>25755603
What the fuck is butt juice?
>>
>>25754929
Boredom and more boredom
>>
Depends on the hospital. I went to a really good one. The food was good and we were treated well. They will dope you up and you'll be tired a lot probably. Definitely make friends. It's not hard to when there's people in there just like you.
>>
>>25755836
If there was a particularly roudy patient or someone attempting suicide, they gave them medicine up the butt. A patient thrashing around with needles can cause someone a lot of harm. Also absorbed faster I think
>>
>>25755911
Oh I was worried it was literally shit all over the place
>>
>>25755911
>>25755836
My bad. They didn't go up the butt, but injected in the butt area. Still.
>>
>>25755848
I don't get bored. Its my autistic superpower. I can spend time analyzing patterns of bathroom tiles and an hour can go by in a blink
>>
>>25755836
We called it booty juice. Also, stay away from the quiet room.
>>
>>25754929
What are you going in for OP?
>>
>>25756036
voluntarily because I only get to see my psychiatrist every month or so but he suspects I may have some sort of psychosis and said it would streamline my evaluation if he could deal with me there (he is associated with the hospital). But things are really coming to a head. My dad is getting upset with my neet ways but I basically have no internal drive to do anything. Also I was recently disabused of my notions of free will, so I don't really see an alternative to this other than "being myself :^)"
>>
>>25756316
>voluntarily

What are you, stupid?
>>
>>25756316
I've been working as a therapist for about a year, so I don't think I can be of much help to you in that regard. It seems weird that you would be experiencing a psychosis without having it recognized. Those tends to be pretty obvious, but my experience is limited. As far as the motivation thing goes, it might be the result of depression. In that sense, you're free will is being taken away, but not really. There's still the choice of taking medication, or do electro-convulsive therapy (which is apparently really effective for some people from the books I've read). My point is, free-will is the same thing as saying a person has choices, and a person's ability to choose varies given physical limitations.
>>
>>25756466
I don't know, maybe. I feel desperation and I need to feel like I am having an evolving experience so that I can be adaptable. Right now I am an upper middle class twit and I cannot even deal with the trappings of adult life. I feel like going to the hospital and being evaluated is actually doing something.
>>
>to be highly medicated on shit that doesn't work
>booty juice (haldol/seroquel cocktail)
>lots of screaming
>lots of crying
>schizophrenic bitches accusing you of rape
>fights
>shitty lukewarm food
>waking up at 6am to take vitals every morning
>>
>>25756558
I have been on and off antidepressants. I am not surprised if I am psychotic because of some of my past behaviors. For instance I once bought a megaphone and went to several crowded areas delivering diatribes in an attempt to embarass myself. I also cut myself because somehow I thought it would reduce my risk averseness by inflicting pain on myself. But there have been instances where my thought process borders on the grandiose and once when my dad went on a long vacation I thought my personality was being supplanted by some sort of psychopathic alter ego.
>>
A lot of standing around.
>>
>>25756747
Yeah, that sounds pretty bizarre. Do those bizarre thoughts happen during the course of a mood episode, or are they consistent and independent of them? You ever try to learn about mental disorders and diagnose yourself?
>>
>>25756835
Its hard to say. I feel like I have rationalized a lot of things that are basically wrong, apart from these things in retrospect. I guess the degree to which I act on these ideas is more episodic but those ideas are always in the background.
>>
>>25756942
It might not hurt to do your own research. I always encourage the clients I have that seem intellectually capable to do their own research, so long as I vet the book for them. Sometimes I photocopy or lend them my books. What your describing could be a lot of things, and I don't really want/feel capable of asking you a laundry list of questions to narrow it down. It wouldn't really benefit you to do so anyways, especially because you're going into the hospital tomorrow anyways. Hopefully they'll be competent enough to make a close enough guess. Whatever diagnoses you get (schizophrenia/psychotic disorder, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar I disorder, Schizotypal Personality Disorder) you're going to be put on an antipsychotic and/or mood stabilizing medication. Means more experimentation. Hopefully they can get an effective cocktail put together for you while they're closely observing your behavior, and hopefully you're completely honest about how it's effecting you. If you aren't then it's a complete waste of time for everyone. Also, sorry mental health care is so fucking haphazard. They haven't figure out a consistent way to detect this kind of stuff yet.
>>
>>25755848
The only things they had was TV, chess and staring out the window.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.