[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I go through periods of sadness for a month and can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 1381980598221.jpg (22 KB, 429x428) Image search: [Google]
1381980598221.jpg
22 KB, 429x428
Why do I go through periods of sadness for a month and can't think of anything else but killing myself and then after that month or time period over I feel ok again then the shit comes back full force and im close to suicide again. Anyone else know this feel.
>>
Exactly the same shit here, man. I'm like this too.
>>
File: bbdds.jpg (21 KB, 534x583) Image search: [Google]
bbdds.jpg
21 KB, 534x583
Only two people know this feel?
>>
>>25751557
This happens to me as well. I can't tell if I'm actually mentally ill or if I'm just fooling myself because I'm lazy.
>>
>>25751717
I might have a mental illness too but im not sure I want to know what mine even are.
>>
File: 1415895740761.png (30 KB, 262x220) Image search: [Google]
1415895740761.png
30 KB, 262x220
I know that feel bro, does anything trigger it?
For me it just happens outta nowhere like you described.
>>
>>25751921
Idk man it just happens maybe I become super sensitive to my emotions and they just exagerate into depression. Someone might have a psychological explanation though.
>>
>>25751463
You could be Bipolar II. I have episodes like yours, they just come and go. I would try logging your mood each day. If you see a pattern, you could likely have the illness. It wouldn't hurt to visit a psychiatrist.
>>
Yeah. Roughly every 2 years since I was 14 I go through period where I get bad anxiety and depression and lose a bunch of weight and distance myself from all the friends I've made. Idk lol
>>
>>25752078
Same except cant be alone because my friends are normies and dont understand being sad or personal space
>tfw cyborg and have normie friends
>>
>>25751557
I to know this feel
>>
File: gnome child.jpg (81 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
gnome child.jpg
81 KB, 2560x1440
>>25752247
being a cyborg is the worst
>born too robot to be a success
>born too normie to fit in online
>born just right to feel sad and have friends that dont understand sad
>>
>>25752030
>It wouldn't hurt to visit a psychiatrist
I don't believe this advice. I'd like to think there was an objective criteria for finding these things out and effective treatment measures. But it seems like diagnoses is based on the doctors opinion based on biased anecdotal evidence from the patient, and then you just get given random drugs with terrible side effects until they find the one that fucks you the least, assuming the disease you have is even real.
>>
File: whymustitbelikethis.png (109 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
whymustitbelikethis.png
109 KB, 633x758
>>25753570
>Cant fit in with chad
>Cant fit in with robros
Why even live.
>>
>>25752078
Same desu.

Anyone know what it is called? I'm fine, albeit a generally miserable person, most of the time. Then I have these episodes where I'm incapacitated and can't eat or sleep or even get up to turn the tv on.
>>
>>25754239
You might have mania I think thats right but you should look into that.
>>
>>25753686
So much this, that's exactly what I've been through. I'm coping with my depression alone now. That's not the best idea, but it's not the worst either. Those side effects I got from Effexor ...
>>
File: 1452772312685.gif (1 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1452772312685.gif
1 MB, 540x304
>>25751463
>tfw false hope is my only source of happiness
>tfw it doesnt even last that long
fuck.
>>
>>25754286
Mania in terms of what? I thought mania is something to do with being really excited, not being able to sleep, tons of energy, lots of creative ideas, etc. like the up period of bipolar.

Just every few years, I have these periods where I get REAALLLY depressed and anxious about my life to the point where I think I'm dying. It last a while and then goes away after about a month. After several months I feel like I can't remember why it happened and don't think it will happen again. The annoying thing is I'm pretty chaddy in terms of looks, have a gf, and a few friends, so no one understands why I feel this way. I had a pretty rough upbringing which I think has something to do with it.
>>
>>25754337
Then you see these people complaining that not enough people seek treatment. What do they expect?
>>
>>25751463
it's called dysthymia, desu
>>
>>25754802
The other problem is that I don't want to find a solution. It may seem weird at first, but think about it : did you try everything you could to make your life better ? I know I didn't, so I can't say I really want a change.
>>
>>25754939
I've tried exercising and socializing more. I usually just rebound harder as a result. If I try and be more social, I'll shut myself away from the few friends I have for a while after. If I try and exercise more, I'll just stop getting out of bed. Honestly, I think I hate life as one hates an enemy. I don't want to enjoy it.
>>
>>25754913
Thx senpai could have sworn it was mania well time to go learn the real meaning.
>>
>>25755086
>I usually just rebound harder as a resul
This.

"Improving" myself always backfires. I really try though, it just won't get better.

If you are unhappy and you continuously force yourself to do things you don't want, you will eventually kill yourself, not magically get better. Discipline is a meme.
>>
>>25751463
Yeah I know that feel. But for me it doesn't happen in months. It happens throughout the day.

Like yesterday, I thought about killing myself and was crying in the bathroom for hours, but today I realized how stupid I was being and don't feel to bad. But I know that feel of negativity will come back. It's like flipping a switch on and off.

Probably bipolar.
>>
>>25751463
I know this feel orignalylye
>>
>>25751463
More like every few hours. I'm either happy and outgoing or crushingly depressed and figuring out how I should I kill myself.
>>
Some anons say this is probally bipolar disorder anyother ideas?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.