[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you started drawing yet, robots? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Loomis_funpencil.jpg (98 KB, 686x459) Image search: [Google]
Loomis_funpencil.jpg
98 KB, 686x459
Why haven't you started drawing yet, robots? It's a cheap and easy to pick up hobby, all you have to do is practice.
You'll feel better if you create things each day, something you can look at and be proud of, knowing that YOU made it. Something completely unique to you, something that wouldn't have existed if you killed yourself last year.

A good place to start is Andrew Loomis' "Fun With a Pencil", and you can get it for free with the rest of his books here: http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/
>>
Tfw drew a cute anime girl head last month
>>
>>Andrew Loomis detected
>>
>>25748279
Because I would just draw titties all damn day.
>>
I've drawn all my life, and I've always been shit.
I'm not going to stop, because I find it therapeutic, but I do know I'll never be any good.
Might do another life drawing session this Saturday.
>>
File: grandma-moses-christmas.jpg (558 KB, 1500x1003) Image search: [Google]
grandma-moses-christmas.jpg
558 KB, 1500x1003
>>25748279
I picked it up at the start of the year, then remembered why I stopped when I was younger. If you aren't genetically predisposed to easily pick up drawing, you're fucked. If you didn't start drawing young, you're fucked.
Maybe you'll get lucky, though. Pic related, this is from an old woman who tried to learn. People thought being bad was a stylistic choice, so they put it on a pedestal. Some of her work is in the white house now.
>>
File: pants.jpg (30 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
pants.jpg
30 KB, 576x432
>draw okay with pen & paper
>draw okay with mouse
>ask for wacom drawing tablet for christmas
>get wacom
>can't draw for shit with wacom
>tfw haven't touched it in weeks

I draw even worse with a tablet. I imagined drawing all kinds of cool stuff, maybe staring my own webcomic etc. but goddamn it's so difficult to draw with a tablet.
>>
>>25748400
Loomis truly is the biggest traditional art meme of all time.
>>
>>25748465
Just scan paper drawings
Looks better anyway
>>
>>25748279
Awesome thanks for the encouragement OP.

Now can you show me how I can earn some bitcoins without going outside so I can pay my rent for the rest of the year?
>>
>>25748465
Of course you have to practice a new medium.
What the fuck?
Just make goofy terrible OC comics for 4chan, nobody gives a shit here.
>>
>>25748513
Hobby, not profession, anon. Art can only make your money if you're starting off from a good place.
>>
I tried using that book but it was a waste of time. I progress faster by copying IRL shit or pictures and then drawing them again with my imagination.
>>
>>25748536
just get decent enough to get commissioned by furries and swim in money drawing whatever they want you to draw
>>
>>25748279
>be drawfag
>live off on it by selling paintings to rich people in home country
>sometimes do requests like stencil shit
>hate painting
>do it all the fucking time
>can't stop because i never even finished high school
>actually kind of rich for my age
>still KHV
I can't even remember the last time i drew on paper.
>>
Is the /ic/ sticky a good place to start for beginners?
It recommends some books that I'm not sure if I should buy or not. Wat do?
>>
>>25748660
Drawing with the Right Side of Potato is really great for a straght up beginnaaaa

See how bad the other shit ins smell at the local library

really

library
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.