[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Perhaps this is more of a thread for /x/, but I'll tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1452089814095.gif (744 KB, 500x692) Image search: [Google]
1452089814095.gif
744 KB, 500x692
Perhaps this is more of a thread for /x/, but I'll tell it anyway. Mods please move it if you feel necessary.

But do you ever think yourself an unwilling participant of a stable time loop?
Like just now, going downstairs to find something to snack on to break the nulling of an all nighter, I carry a plate of chips I just bought the other night upstairs to eat it on my cot.

But just before sitting down I swept chips off the sheet on to the floor. I didn't think shit of it until I was settled, I was holding the plate with my other hand and couldn't have dropped any in the way I sat down. And I hadn't bought chips in weeks.

In that partial moment I had that thought expand into a fractal of millions of possible loops of me coming back to that moment and accidently spilling chips or something and trying to hid it from my past self, and then think about it now in the present.
>>
>>25744517
You trippin, but..

look for the moment when one day becomes the next.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (5 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
5 KB, 204x204
>>25744517
I presume that some major life events on the event horizon are not just pre-determined but have already happened along the tiny snapshot of timespace that exists our life and everything in it.
>>
>>25744517
we can never know about things like other timelines or whether or not the future is already predetermined because we see time in a linear perspective.
>>
>>25744805
the last 8 years have become indistinguishable for me
i'm a neet so it probably doesn't help
>>
>>25744517
when you're doing the same shit day in day out, your brain skips things.

get outside more, or you'll end up a tripfag on >>>/x/

>never become setti
>>
>>25745789
You see what you tell yourself.

We actually don't see time in linear perspective. Ever.
>>
>>25744517
wow this is really fucking gay
>>
>>25745981
Yeah well.. even if you were chad norman you'd still think it was blur.

Having experiences and realizations from new perspectives are gifts. Our society has been fingering it's own ass so much people are regressing.
>>
>>25746115
Explain otherwise
>>
>>25747361
x, y, z axis

think of an axis existing as... enabling that range of.. freedom.

time is kind of like the side effect of a dimension"" needed to allow change between two absolute "" states.

ops pic is pretty good, all the points, like a multidimensional map. all axis, not all are visible

if every moment, ever possible, is just like... entropy... all possible states of all things in different arrangements, adjacent combinations are similar, each point or location in spacetime is also the gate to the point beyond that

by definition time cannot be linear, it is the force? that unlocks change. without it in play nothing can change, or form really

how can absolute states be transposed in a branching manner? that gives you a clue.

the mind and it's stimulus is geared to percieve an everlasting moment

time is not linear, events can be, within a set of paramaters
time cannot do what it does if it was linear

we are unable to percieve linear time, but we concieve of events in a manner we assume is linear but is not, upon inspection

locations in spacetime, or multiaxis is about as close as you can easily imagine endless possible configurations from any one point. all directions. linear is just a massive oversimplification, as is eveything rambled here in this post

I cant make you see it, but i hope you dont continue to prevent yourself from using your mind to figure out stuff for yourself by just assuming doctrine and assumptions of others
>>
>>25747666
You will assume time goes forward, you cannot go back. well actually if you could go back it would still be linear, wouldnt it?

you can and will, one day, be very aware of decisions and events that will decide the course of your life as such from another set of possible choices. a parallel timeline, if you will. if that was not possible, you would not exist. so, how is time linear?
>>
>>25744517
I did a lot of LSD once and saw that reality is just one of an infinite number of doors. The doors however are arranged according to causality.
>>
>>25747725
>so, how is time linear?
by those 'branches' having not happened
>>
>>25747886
well that doesn't affect the definition of time at all.

You want to talk about something that is not easily comprehended by the human mind and you arn't prepared to accept the possibility that there is more to defining forces that fabricate reality than just your own personal perception and memory?

Good chat, good chat. C U Next Time.
>>
>>25747666
>the fourth dimension is time meme
Nice try, satan
>>
>>25744805
>tfw once in high school you lived two of the same day in consecutive sequence
People were saying the same shit as the day before and everything, and in my head I predicted it all but I didn't do anything to break out of it, I just went along with it

Can't tell if that's some weird perceptual glitch or what but is pretty cool
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.