[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thanks for nothing PC Master race.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
203 KB, 1920x1080
>Build a PC yourself they said
>It's easy they said
>Even a chimp can do it they said

$600 in the hole and 10 hours and multiple people helping me and still no glorious Gabenstation

I wanna cry right now. robots hug me.
>>
Where do you fuck up ? How ?

You have to take your time to select all the parts, watch a few "building log" or "build guide" on YouTube to familiarize with the steps and take your time while assembling (read intructions, etc.)

Also having a laptop/ good phone at hand's reach can help quickly googling to troubleshoot problems.

Also, do your own research don't listens to anybody's advice.
>>
how do you fuck up something so easy, did you forget the standoffs or something?
>>
its an expensive puzzle piece. thats all. almost everything is self explanatory. only time i really had any difficulties was when i had to put in a 3rd party CPU fan instead of the usual stock one.

seriously pictures on how you fucked up.
>>
>>25738580
In hindsight, if you aren't good at putting things together with your hands, it may have been better to buy a prebuilt PC, swap out the PSU and toss in a good graphics card.
>>
File: typical amd cuck.jpg (86 KB, 450x599) Image search: [Google]
typical amd cuck.jpg
86 KB, 450x599
OP you're a fucking retard kek
>>
>>25738963

I don't really have the capabilities to take photos but I think I bent one of the CPU pins and it won't turn on at all.
>>
>>25739048
kek what a retard
>>
>>25739048
That's very unlikely to be quite honest
>>
>>25738973

your probably right but I asked pcmasterrace and everyone told me to build it myself. I'm pretty retarded when it comes to putting everything together had to get some help to install the motherboard as I could get it in with all those protrusions sticking out of the I/O sheild and then I had to have the same person get everything connected bevause I literally have no clue what I'm doing
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 586x103) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 586x103
Oh geez. Plug it in turn it on.

Oh wait first check to see that the ram and proc are all compatible with your main board?

What's a graphics card?

AGP? Ok.

What's the internet and how am I posting an obvious bait thread?
>>
>>25739048
post beep codes didn't help you out?
>>
File: tumblr_nqm0818nL71snsxomo1_400.jpg (20 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqm0818nL71snsxomo1_400.jpg
20 KB, 400x388
>>25739090

whelp yuour probably7 right I'm retarded console peasent but I wanna shower gaben with my shekels not have to spend it on more PC parts.

either PCMASTERACE Lied or I'm dumber than a chimp.
>>
>>25739179
well sometimes one or more of the parts you get wind up being lemons so regardless of what you did to build it, it was never going to boot
>>
I get the guy at the computer repair/parts shop to assemble it for me every time.

Also what exactly is wrong with your build? Not POSTing? Nothing happening at all when you power it on?
>>
>>25739179
I think it's the later.

Mate, stop being a child. Don't buy stuff because someone told you it's was cool. Buy stuff because you need stuff. Look things up.

Please don't be a spoon-fed sheep man. That's the normiest thing you do.
>>
>pcpartpicker
>logicalincrements

OP don't worry, you're not retarded. I made the same mistake as you: bought an AM3+ motherboard and an intel i5 4690k.

pc master race is for retards and faggots. only a retarded faggot cares about what you play vidya on.

like i said though, go to pcpartpicker dot com or logicalincrements dot come.
>>
>>25739213

nothin happened when I turned it on but I don't even know where the power button is on it the PC case I have has no button at least that I noticed
>>
>>25739288

The first build PCmaster race suggested had an AMD board and compatible chip but someone suggested I get an H81 board and an I5 Not knowing because I'm a stupid chimp I ordered and Intel mothetrboard and didn't have a compatible chip for it so I had to order a correct board. Not Being the stupid person I was I might've bent some ins trying to jam my CPU into the first Mohterboard. I dunno this just makes me all sad angry and frustrated that I'm this fucking retarded
>>
>someone really failed for pc masterrace meme
>>
>>25739293
Wait, you didn't even hook up your power button? Nigga you clueless. Go to your nearest computer repair shop and say you need help with assembling your build. The service won't be that expensive.
>>
How the fuck do you fail something so simple it's literally plugging pieces together like I have nearly knkw understanding of computers and shit and even i could plug pieces togetgr
>>
PC is easier than building lego
>>
>>25739456

well some of the plugins are really small and the manual gives me no clue as to where they go to.
>>
File: 2684542575.png (129 KB, 460x369) Image search: [Google]
2684542575.png
129 KB, 460x369
>>25738580
>tfw you built a ~1k 4chan machine
>>
>>25738580
how does it feel to be less competent than a chimp?
>>
i'm about 90% sure you forgot the risers
>>
File: 2.jpg (184 KB, 625x508) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
184 KB, 625x508
>>25738580
>literal autists build their own computers
>you failed at putting 5 pieces into their correct slots

you do realise that you're not actually building anything? You can literally watch a youtube video on how to do it

>being this retarded
>>
>$600

That won't even cover the graphic card.
>>
File: 1446220842263.jpg (10 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1446220842263.jpg
10 KB, 249x249
>>25738580
>he fell for the masterrace meme
>>
>>25739048
euheuheuheuuheh seriously m8

there is only one way it goes and it tells you in the corner of the CPU
>>
>>25739922

I think I bent it trying to jam it into the wrong motherboard.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.