[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So fellow robots, I have a question for you. What is the point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1440375247076.jpg (34 KB, 900x653) Image search: [Google]
1440375247076.jpg
34 KB, 900x653
So fellow robots, I have a question for you. What is the point of it all? Life I mean. I've been running in circles with my therapist because the only reason for life I find is for enjoying it, something I cannot do.

He gave me some bullshit stuff like family, friends, religion, and helping other people. My family is a mess and I have no plans on ever passing on my shit genes in starting my own family. I also am agnostic so religion is out. I have absolutely no friends and every time I have tried it has failed. And I don't want to help others because of my jaded views on society due to past experiences.

I am 27 and have pretty much given up on everything but he still pushes me to think of purposes for living. So what do you guys think?

>depressedfag who is looking for the "purpose of life"

pic unrelated
>>
Why do you need a purpose?
I find it very liberating that it's open-ended.
>>
Leave a mark. Most people do this by having children. Effect other people's lives in a positive way. Or wallow in hedonism and slowly feel the sins crawling up your back.

not religious at all btw.
>>
>>25728916
Explore some mysteries a little bit. Push your boundaries on what you think can happen during your stint on the earth hotel. Go to places people say are haunted with recording equipment, hang out there, enjoy the thrill, see if you have spooky experiences. Try some yogic practices, have a lucid dream, get into different states and see what happens. I think you should get out there and push the envelope.
>>
>>25728957

Cause according to him my depression is based on me not having a purpose in life, that I feel worthless and have no drive due to that.

He sees my problems in the past and tells me the past is the past, but my problems always seem to follow me and fuck up my future in some way or another. And that sends me down a spiral of feeling like a failure, making me more depressed.
>>
There is no point to life. Why even give a shit? Just do what you want to do until you die.
>>
File: 1452672702657.jpg (22 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1452672702657.jpg
22 KB, 680x510
don't regard the things people call "important milestones" or "events" as important.

you know how tyrion in GoT talked about that retard who smashed bugs- he was enthralled with him over reading about kings, wars, epic quests and dragons.

It's kind of fucking stupid, but if you do this with anything irl, specifically animals, and just listen/ observe- I won't say you will find "meaning". It's hard to explain, but it's dumb shit that often times gives you a reason to live. Not "important life changing things". Not "finding joy in the small things"- don't find joy

Just observe and listen
>>
>>25728970

I have some shit genes and I don't want to burden my children with potential issues like I have.

And I used to want to help people, I used to volunteer all the time, but it felt hollow. And now with my major downswing, I feel jaded by people from my past issues of being bullied on a constant basis, being a doormat to too many people, and having abandonment issues from past events.
>>
>>25728970
how can i do hedonism without going to one of those sleazy get away for a week and party vacation places
>>
>>25729054
If you could do absolutely anything you wanted right now, what would you do?

Are you wishless or are your wishes currently unattainable?
>>
>>25729059

I've done that. It ended up with me eventually self destructing, ruining my job, finances, criminal history, and every bit of self worth I had and ended up in the psych hospital for a good few months.

>>25729132
I like this idea, I used to do it when I was younger and before shit hit the fan, and truthfully haven't thought bout it since. I'll have to try to do this again, ty anon.
>>
id love to live a life without having to commit to a job everyday but also not have anything much as long as i could find food and just wander places but that cant happen because its not possible
>>
>>25728916
The point of life is literally to look for do things you enjoy, eat, and sleep, ad infinitum until you die. It's your fault that you don't know what you enjoy. Might as well try and find a reason to not kill yourself and then do it when you can't.
>>
>>25729168

When I was younger I wanted to travel more than anything. Over the years I questioned why I wanted to, since I have issues in social situations and I would probably be traveling alone.

And as the years went by it became less and less important to me, and now I am so boned financially that it seems more likely to win the lottery than to travel.
>>
>>25729253

That was my problem, that's what I thought life was about and it eventually led to me being self destructive when I became numb to it all. And I'd an hero in a heart beat if I didn't fail the first time and realize how bad it would hurt my mom. Now somedays it feels like I am just waiting for her to pass.
>>
>>25728916
there's none. you're simply a reproduction of your ancestor who couldn't resist the urge to fuck or were too dumb to get proper protection.

but you can use your life to see the world and die in the tundra of siberia
>>
Well op here, gotta bail. Thanks for the imput fellow anons.
>>
>>25728916
It gets no better
Once you start wondering to much about life, you'll realize there's nothing really significant you can do
Not just that, you realize that nothing will entertain you for a considerable amount of time anymore
>>
File: 060613-cat-bear_big.jpg (67 KB, 461x615) Image search: [Google]
060613-cat-bear_big.jpg
67 KB, 461x615
>>25729204
No problem my man
Don't do it to find happiness or joy or meaning, like these other anons are trying to get you to

I know what it's like being jaded/ numb. You've just got to accept that society at large doesn't know jack shit. That there are way, WAY, WAAAAAAY more moving elements we're not seeing. They're not pointless background noise either- you'll see what I mean once you do meditation/ listening/ observing nature.
No one does this really anymore; there's too many distractions. I feel like thousands of years ago, people sometimes just sat and waited. Listened. Watched birds. Watched storms move in and settle.

That moment of stupid pointless silence can literally morph into this all commanding important moment in your life. It can even put you into a weird laughing frenzy if you observe something strange while you're off guard.

I'm talking too much already- don't listen to anyone else in this thread and just go do it.
>>
>>25729132
can you elaborate please?
>>
>>25728916
i dunno, but neither do you faggots. so at least we're together in that
>>
>>25729619
Also fun fact; if you are walking on a trail in the woods and just stop and wait, give it like 3 to 5 minutes- it will blow your fucking mind how much shit "just happens" in the absence of people.

I'm not even talking "regular nature" shit- like I'd stop and see a squirrel carrying an old wet brightly coloured sock to another squirrel, and then see them scare the shit out of each other when they spot each other. Moments later, a bird plops down like 4 feet in front of you. It hops around. Then it flies off into a nest on a tree nearby. Then you notice- the whole fucking tree is nests. then you notice- there's like fucking dozens of these birds.

And that's just from one time experimenting after I heard someone explain this exact "wait and stay silent in nature" activity. Everyone recalls strange or funny shit happening.
>>
>>25729318
>self-destructive
Well then the same conclusion lead you and I in completely separate directions. I appreciate the varied magnificence and beauty in things instead of getting caught up about not doing X, Y, or Z by the "appropriate" age. Life has never been better for me than it is in this moment.
>>
>>25728916
There is no point in life. We are here for no reason, no one exists on purpose, no one belongs anywhere, no one is special, and nothing you ever do in any life has any significance at all. Compared to the vastness of the universe you are less than nothing. Realizing this fact makes people nihilistic, so you either accept that you have no purpose and slip into a bottomless depression or you make up your purpose and continue to live. So in short, you either live a life of absolute sadness or live a lie, which do you choose?
>>
>>25729955
Just a side note; if you slip into depression you're still prone to coming out with a new appreciation for- not life, but "observing"- that is far better than "make your own goals"
>>
>>25728916
Do it for the lulz. I cannot believe I have to say that.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.