[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we find it so hard to talk normally in social situations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: 73984739870840.png (191 KB, 431x441) Image search: [Google]
73984739870840.png
191 KB, 431x441
Why do we find it so hard to talk normally in social situations?
>>
fucked up brain.
>>
>>25723792
It's simple, the majority of us don't know how to relate to the average person so we don't know what to say without looking autistic
>>
>>25723792
because people treat us differently because we're ugly
>>
>>25723792
Because we developed without the proper conditions for positive ego development and have a socially inept predisposition.
>>
>>25723792
autism, social anxiety and stuff like that. it has gotten really bad for me, so bad i cant even leave my house anymore or do phone calls. thank god my mom is willing to help me now or else i would probably kill myself
>>
>>25723836
normie here.
how is it hard? what usually comes to mind that may sound autistic
>>
>>25724082
>asking an autist why he is autistic
>>
>>25724082
Like asking what you mean with everything you say.
>>
>>25723792
For me, I have all these insecurities I don't want to let out, so that makes me self focused and paranoid which makes it very difficult to relax and focus on what the other person is saying. I'm very scared of people and usually just want to get away from them. I don't want to socialize or talk to them because I know I am not good at it. I have negative expectations. Also I don't want to bother them or annoy them with my presence do that inhibits me a lot.
>>
Because we get constantly rejected.
Rejection activates the same areas in brain as physical pain.

If a normie felt like he got punched in the face every time he tried to be social, he'd become quite socially awkward too.
>>
>>25724231
i have almost the same problems. i am in a stage where its physically hurting or getting uncomfortable when im around strangers like in classroom or stuff like that, especially with people i know i have to see again. and when you have to go through this everyday you get really tired
>>
It's because all normies ever talk about is food. They are the most boring people in society.
>>
uh speak for yourself?
fembot here I have no problems with socializing.
>>
>>25724347
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8 sgdsgretde5zdzdh
>>
>>25724347
cheers geoff
>>
>>25724347
I'll strike a dagger through your heart so help me god.
>>
All you have to do is literally start talking. I went up to a girl on the beach and asked her if she had weed. 'No' she said. Then I said David Bowie's dead. And we talked about that, then we went back to my house and we didn't have sex because she's got a family and stuff but I fingered her.
>>
>>25723792
i literally do not know, its like parts of my brain just completely shut down and then hours/days/months after the conversation ends i'll have randomly though up a better response that i should have said.

>>25724082
this is bait.
>>
>>25724231
>>25724304

ya, you faggots will say this shit but then it turns out you actually have a job and have had a gf and you're nothing but a lying failed normie who thinks being a shy cunt is the same as having social anxiety.
>>
>>25724347
you're a fucking nobody, don't click the thread then you dumb fucking cunt.
>>
File: social-anxiety-circle2.jpg (97 KB, 819x1158) Image search: [Google]
social-anxiety-circle2.jpg
97 KB, 819x1158
Because of social anxiety. Most people here aren't "autistic", that's just a meme.
>>
99.9% of the time I have nothing to say, and nothing in common with those I speak with.
>>
>>25725031
this.
I have anxiety and severe depression.
yet I cant be a robot because im a girl.
sexist pieces of shit
>>
>>25725069
replying to b8
>>
File: 1450659287899.jpg (49 KB, 315x420) Image search: [Google]
1450659287899.jpg
49 KB, 315x420
>>25725031
according to that diagram the psyche has for many situations the reaction to streanthen a particular belief. so the more you get into these situtions the stronger the belief will be. Believe it!
Now if only the anon could replace negative represetentation of self with something more awesome.
>>
>>25724829
Sounds like a greasy fucking time anon. Happy for you but I don't want that.
>>
File: 1452514333962.jpg (31 KB, 283x283) Image search: [Google]
1452514333962.jpg
31 KB, 283x283
How do people get a friendships, maintain it, etc? It seems fucking impossible.
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 1023x986) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 1023x986
>>25724082
>"you just to bee yourself" the post
>>
>>25724082
if it was lunch break at our job (I don't have a job so I don't know) and I had to strike up a conversation with you I could only come up with something like "sup bro" or "let us discuss the finer details of scrubbing toilets" or something, I have no idea what to say

due to my experiences with normies I fully expect them to treat me like a weirdo and try to get rid of me, any attempt to express that I am a human being like them and to give me a chance to learn how to socialize even if I was a little annoying at first won't shake them out of it, they will continue to make excuse to leave then giggle with their friends as they walk off, this is assuming they don't outright verbally abuse me
>>
>>25725169
>Now if only the anon could replace negative represetentation of self with something more awesome.
You actually can, but the first step is acknowledging that you have an illness and that the perception that everyone is thinking you're autistic is false, mainly because most people in social interactions don't give a fuck about you and will forget you as soon as you walk out. I.e. the key is removing the "Focus on self" part in that diagram.
>>
Personally im an ASSHOLE

I spent the last two hours in bed finalising on my phone. The Tim before that is a blur.

The real issue is that I don't have anything that brings me face to face with another human, and that drives me batshit.
>>
I just don't get how it works. How do normies always know what to say? Like how do their brains respond so differently to situations when mine just comes up blank?

At the end of the day, their brain is the one giving them their automatic funny/interesting responses right. Why does my brain have to be so shit
>>
>>25724082

us robots don't have normal hobbies or habits that most people do. we don't have as many common experiences with others as you do. normies can relate to other normies easier because they have more common ground to base the relationship on.

theres a reason robots only really associate with robots here. we've got a common background of lack of social competence.
>>
Severe social anxiety and probably autism.
>>
>>25725470

You just say what comes to mind. You don't really think about it.
>>
>>25723792
anxiety

penis robot
>>
>>25727421
I think about girlcock and Batman all day.
Should I just talk about that?
>>
>>25724082
>someone jokes around with you
>remain silent because you don't know how to respond
>never make eye contact or say hi to people
>just walk quickly with your head so you don't have to interact with them
>>
>>25725231

> meet someone
> start talking
> if you share a common interest or like the other person invite them to things
> friendship ensues
>>
>>25727465

Does that sound like something you'd talk to someone you don't know about? No? Then don't say it.
>>
>no confidence
>lack of experience
>>
>>25724918
no faggot, never had a girlfriend nor did i have a job
>>
>>25727473

NORMIE DETECTED

In my experience trying to do your little routine gives the following result:

> meet someone
> start talking
> if you share a common interest or like the other person invite them to things
> they say "sure thing, we should do that sometime"
> when the time comes they make an excuse and bail
> invite them to something else
> "sure bro sounds good"
> they can't make it

eventually it just becomes obvious they are not interested and you give up.
>>
I can talk pretty normally to other guys
but when it comes to girls I am a complete autist
>>
>>25723792
You have social anxiety. Seek a support group.
>>
>>25727818
I wonder if it's really so fucking hard to say no instead of leading you on.
That's harsh.
>>
>>25725031
How can it be that I don't think the "I'm boring/people will laught at me stuff", and the only negative thought I have is that I know I'll get the physical symptoms? I don't get how this is possible.
I rarely talk to people, so I have no practice, but that's it. No low self esteem and "people won't like me" thoughts.
>>
>at work
>Co-workers are social and constantly joking
>Never initiate conversations
>Make up a lie every time someone asks me a question about myself whenever I'm not prepared.
>Prolonged eye contact is impossible ( not unlike involuntarily blinking when a sharp object is near your eye)

At least when I laugh at their jokes it lets them know I have a sense of humor and I'm not totally damaged.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.