[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this for the first time. What did you guys think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Just watched this for the first time. What did you guys think about it?
>>
Good song by Tears fo Fears. Drew Barrimore looking cute. Forgot the rest.
>>
Good movie take me some time to understand the end
>>
File: steve-harvey-funny-gifs-5.gif (1 MB, 400x171) Image search: [Google]
steve-harvey-funny-gifs-5.gif
1 MB, 400x171
The end makes no sense without going on the internet and reading an entire fucking webpage to explain it. I thought Frank was a total letdown when he took off his mask. I think this movie is like Inception where a bunch of fags pretend to like it and act like they understand it because they want to seem smart. 6/10
>>
>>25716007
Amazing film 9/10
>>
A really good teen angst movie
>>
i never understood what actually happened and im too lazy to look it up
>>
We can't escape our fate mate. It was a decent film with a good message. You are what you are.
>>
>>25716124
Poor ability to understand storylines detected. The movie is not complex at all. It isn't great, but you don't have to "go on the internet and reading an entire fucking webpage to explain it".
>>
The first time I saw this movie was the first time I drank. It was with an old childhood friend I haven't seen in almost a decade. I learned that night that I enjoyed the taste of alcohol (it was straight bottom-shelf vodka) and enjoyed being drunk. I thought the movie was great since I was drunk as hell.
About half a year later I rewatched it and realized I didn't remember almost anything between him meeting the girl and 'Mad World' at the credits. Was a great feeling, like the movie had changed between viewings--very fitting for the film.
TLDR, I liked it and don't think it's too tryhard or people who like it are lying. Lot of honest moments in the movie.
>>
I cried when the girl died
>>
>>25716198
me neither

OC FAMPAI
>>
confusing as fuck and the rabbit was fucked up
>>
not trying to sound edgy but I felt like I could relate to danny a lot.
>>
loved it when I was 14
>>
So is no one going to give a quick explanation about the plot of this movie? I`ve seen it a couple of times but I'm too retarded to fully understand it.
>>
>>25716007
I liked that it was set in the 80's and I like the cast alot. I enjoyed it, but I am not one of those people that think it 5deep6me, how different it is from almost every movie is nice.
>>
>Tfw no Gretchen gf
>>
>>25716391
Pretty sure he can see in the future and sacrifices himself to save other people.
>>
>>25716391
schizo kid has a bunny make him do stuff, flood the school and burn the guys house. this too >>25716413
>>
>>25716391
Basically an alternate timeline is created, he sacrifices himself to merge the timelines and save his girlfriend.
>>
Great movie, if you don't understand the plot, you are likely retarded.

It has a great ost too.
>>
>>25716401
I can't believe how easy it was for him.
>Hey I just met you want to be my gf?
>Sure
biggest plot hole in the movie.
>>
>>25716413
>>25716440
>>25716459

The airplane part is confusing for me but well, I'll rewatch it for tenth time and continue to ignore the real reason.
>>
>>25716483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCGux_3VUjs
>>
>>25716124
agree with you on frank, films like this are meant to be watched more than once, which helps understand the storyline
>>
>>25716479
They were both fucking crazy.

They were a good match.
>>
The movie is better if don't fully understand the plot, it has a sense of mystery and make you think about what you saw. The explanation (of the director) on the net, looks like a bad fanfiction written after someone has played Chrono Cross, especially the "long version" with all the details about time travel.

It's no wonder all his later movies are giants clusterfuck full of faux-symbolism and alternate reality, he's basically that kid in middle school that think complexity = deepness.
>>
File: 1377944208377.gif (2 MB, 226x404) Image search: [Google]
1377944208377.gif
2 MB, 226x404
>>25716510

Excellent contribution! Thanks man, have this in return.
>>
>>25716124
>we see what Donnie sees if the future played out where he lives
>makes a sacrifice for the prosperity of everybody by dying
>you think this is complex
Chump.
>>
>>25716007
Outside of the christfaggotry it was pretty alright. *tipperoo*

Got me into Tears for Fears. Don't even care if that makes me a faggot.
>>
edgy movie for edge lords
>>
>>25716007
i really liked it. pretty sur eit was my favourite movie when i first saw it. pretty sure they show short pages of a book in the movie. if you stream it make sure to pause and read then the ending should be pretty easy to understand but i think you will get the generell idea without it.
>>
File: 6gLFi9e.webm (189 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
6gLFi9e.webm
189 KB, 500x282
>>25716007
If you like this movie, youll like Intersteller and Enter the Void.

Intersteller
http://imgur.com/a/sKwdQ
>>
>>25717740
Enter The Void
http://i.imgur.com/nDVUoTm.gif
>>
It was ok teen flick. Better than most of the type
>>
>>25716007
seth rogen plays an interesting role in the film.
>>
>>25716573
Anon, how did you know I loved underage creep gifs?
>>
>>25717880
I am pretty sure it's the only movie he's ever acted in.
>>
>>25716124
>Inception
>Act like they understand it
Nigger, what the fuck is there to not understand? It's a fucking dream in a dream in a dream in a dream, how god damn retarded do you need to be to not understand it?

If you want a brainfuck, go watch Primer.
>>
>>25718092

Guy is dead. Doesn't matter if he seems alive. All the Schitzoshit is just last seconds in his subconscious before he dies. He is projecting his consciousness onto all the characters and events in the film. That's why it all goes his way weirdly enough. Also allot of subjective voice overs from our dead protagonist trying to rationalize events leading up to his death.
>>
>>25717931
Freaks and Geeks but that was a show not a movie
>>
I watched it over 80 times
wanted to live in that universe for a short while
>>
>>25718092

God Tier:

>American Beauty
>Vanilla Sky
>Weather man
>Stir of Echoes
>Chum Scrubber

Normie Tier:

>Fight Clubber
>Requiem for a dream a.k.a that movie with the cool song
>The Twist...Um...Village

All good mindfuck movies.
>>
>>25716007
Stupidest mindfuck movie i've ever watched, takes itself way too seriously.

But it's also the best movie you can watch if you're an angst teen and you're binging on edgy garbage.

9/10, it's an amazing edgy shit movie, I wish I had watched this instead of Requiem for a Dream.
>>
>>25719345

It's told from the perspective of a angst ridden teen with metal issues. Of course Donnie is projecting harder than the fucking bat signal.
>>
>>25719339
requiem in the same tier as village and fight club? are you fucked anon? requiem is god tier and a half there bud
>>
>>25719345
its so fucking edgy bro
>>
>>25719370

It's ok Anon it isn't that good of a movie. I know it fucks you up emotionally but it doesn't make it good.

Donnie Darkbro is another normie tier movie
>>
Remember kids, there's a reason for your angst. You're actually a cross dimensional ghost who doesn't belong in this parrallel universe.
>>
I saw it in theaters its fuckin edgy teenie bopper SHIT its FUCKING EDGY SHIT KILL ALL MAN CHILDREN THAT LIKE THIS EDGY FUCKING FILTH REEEEEEEE
>>
Deus ex machina
The god machine

so edgy
>>
File: 1445171542493.gif (434 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
1445171542493.gif
434 KB, 500x331
>>25719368
>angst ridden teen with metal issues

Brootal.
>>
Cool, now watch Enter the Void.
>>
>>25719445

After that watch Spun!
>>
>>25719410
good point. I just hate how most hollywood movies have "happy endings", after all, life doesn't always have a happy ending. Sometimes shit doesn't just 'work out in the end', and the good guy doesn't always win.

Requiem was quiet a refreshing film for me, before it I hadn't seen a film with such a negative ending.
>>
>>25719476

Yes happy endings gives us resolution in film. If we left with our characters not solving there problems cutting to credits it upsets us because we where emotionally engaged with them and want to see them succeed in solving there main problem in the plot.

The fact is most normies can't handle a unhappy ending with out giving a 1/10 rating on some webshit movie rating site like IMDB.
>>
>be kid
>some movie on late tv
>somehow felt like creepy horror to me
>turn off the box right after intro scene
>some years later
>decided to search the movie
>ask some anons on internet
>"m8 it's Donnie Darko!"
>i knew this movie, because he became quite popular
>some time later
>@ girl
>we listen music
>she plays Killing Moon by Echo and Bunnymen
>some year later
>finally prepared to rewatch damn movie
>that intro scene
>Killing Moon starts playing

It's literally that exact second i realized that this movie will be in my top10 ever. Wasn't disappointed for the rest of it too.
>>
>>25719455
Maybe. Enter the Void did a good job spooking me.
>>
File: darkcity.jpg (217 KB, 1186x1280) Image search: [Google]
darkcity.jpg
217 KB, 1186x1280
Watch Dark City.

Based movie/10
>>
>>25719504

Oculus also ok desu I would just watch it for Katie.
>>
The theatrical release is confusing because it has cut scenes. Watch the directors cut and everything will make sense.

is the sequel any good?
>>
>>25716007
Damn good film.
>>
Great flick, good movie, terrible film, awful cinema
>>
File: 115.jpg (130 KB, 1278x632) Image search: [Google]
115.jpg
130 KB, 1278x632
its an okay movie. The fans of it though make it seem like the greatest thing ever, which it isn't.
>>
File: 811OIAhYAKL._SL1500_.jpg (331 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
811OIAhYAKL._SL1500_.jpg
331 KB, 1500x1500
>>25716035
Check out the rest of their work, a brilliant band. Especially Roland Orzabal is very underrated
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.