[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else want to do normie things but is too scared?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 1357069648692.jpg (151 KB, 500x569) Image search: [Google]
1357069648692.jpg
151 KB, 500x569
Does anyone else want to do normie things but is too scared? I'm not proud of being a robot.
>>
when doing things with my normie acquaintances i feel extremely out of place and shutdown completely.
>>
>>25693759
sauce on this slut
>>
>>25693820
Random slut with a camera #345,732,149
>>
>>25693759
>>25693798
I will occasionally do normie things. Like the person that replied to OP, I use to shutdown when I'd do them because I felt like I didn't belong as well. I broke this cycle by realizing that I need to entertain myself socially and no one else. Most people don't really care if you're quiet, they'll bring it up but if you say something like, "I'm just taking it all in," they'll usually leave you alone.

If I'm feeling off-key, I will mention relatively shortly after meeting up with people that I'm a bit beside myself--something like: "'ey, don't mind me today if I'm a bit quiet, I'm a bit beside myself. Nothing's wrong or anything; I'm just trying to get out of my head. It's been a long day.."

But OP, never feel scared about doing normie things. It takes practice and patience. Just have a little faith in yourself. Even if things are completely embarrassing at times, just spin it into something funny mentally. That's what I do anyway.
>>
>>25693759
>>25693798
Just remember: nobody actually cares about you. Normies are just as narcissistic as we are. Devote most of your brain to thinking about something you enjoy and offer noncommittal platitudes.

You already know life is meaningless. When they smile and finally seem engaged in the conversation, just remember that they're only interested in your autopilot shell.

Never engage. Never show gratitude for the interest you have generated. Let it wash over you like water off a duck's back. Remain the cold, meaningless center of your own universe, wishing it was a place in which you were truly relevant.
>>
>>25693759
>Does anyone else want to do normie things but is too scared? I'm not proud of being a robot.
that's really fucking stupid why don't you just admit you are a fucking failed normalfag
>>
>>25693866
>>25693868
so lie and dont borther trying to enjoy it or meet people? gotcha. why even bother then?
>>
>>25693905
Because you were born in a meat sack that requires social interaction for its continued existence. Even if it is superficial. Much like sex, even superficial, meaningless sex and social context will improve your mood and make the endless drudgery a little more tolerable.
>>
>>25693905
"Why" is a question you have to find the answer for yourself.
>>
>>25693905
Step 2 is gather a large group of social acquaintances around you.
Step 3 is get inebriated enough that the shell cracks
Step 4 is step 1.
>>
>>25693759
>no tattoos
>no piercings

I'm intrigued.
>>
>>25693926
so this is the de-spiritualized human being
>>
>>25693965
Would you rather continue praying to the God that never came for you or get down to the business of continuing your miserable existence?

If you're happy to set off a chain reaction of suicides in your familial circles you're more of a robot than I am.
>>
i'm pretty normie at heart just have severe social anxiwty so I'm a normie hermit
>>
>>25693980
>chain reaction of suicides
what the actual fuck are you on about
>>
>>25693986
Cool. Now start resenting the people that care about you for binding you to a life you were never fit for.
>>
>>25693997
What do you think happens when a parent outlives its child?
>>
>>25693980
God doesn't move; God is movement, the space in which motion is made manifest, the time of duration of movement and the state of rest after motion has ended its transformation. God doesn't need to move. God is already everything.

But I digress. I don't pray. And I already am suicidal. Not quite sure what you meant.
>>
>>25694022
ive had people in my near family lose their kids or are terminally ill, they havent killed themselves, i know what happens, thats why ill try to outlive my parent.
but still, you escalated this quite fast
>>
File: really huh.jpg (29 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
really huh.jpg
29 KB, 600x360
honestly, i am past the point of wanting to do normie things and wanting normie friends. i am a bipolar tranny so maybe that is why i am finding it harder to relate to normies.

>first day of new digital media class that is required for my web development degree
>we all introduce ourselves and say why we are there
>everyone says they are there for "creative marketing" and "creative writing"
>i'm the only one who says anything even remotely web dev related
>some marine guy goes on and on about seeing his friends die in the war
>everyone stands up and claps for him and thanks him
>black guy spends 10 minutes talking about his youtube gaming channel and how its "a lot of work uploading a video every day"
>tons of obnoxious, fake nice white girls pretending to really like each other

as i was sitting there, it all felt so.. just... ughhh..

i just want a boyfriend/girlfriend and one or two other close friends to play video games with, discuss movies, and go out to try new restaurants together with.

maybe i've become the hipster idk.
>>
>>25694029
God is an entity created by desert nomads to enforce the social contract on their peers, leveraging the desire for an explanation for the inexplicable.

Thermodynamics describes the basic rules by which excess energy is transmitted between bound objects, via photons. The transmissions of excess energy propagate at the speed of light. Resolution of individual particle states when multiple particles are ejected during a single emission phase are non-local. The system is deterministic, and repeats ad infinitum, as the big crunch is the only scenario in which matter can exist within the physical bounds of the universe in which we exist.

It's beautiful, but existential, and most of the time seems irrelevant.
>>
>>25694070
>why even bother then?
You refuted my solution to "why even bother then" without another suggestion to ameliorate the problem. I was simply replying along logical lines.
>>
>>25694088
You live in a meat sack. It doesn't have the bits you want it to have. Can it satisfy your basic biological imperatives?
>>
>>25694117
so you believed my original question was about life and not just faking being a normie in public?
i see you logic though in the context of "why bother living", but not in the other
>>
>>25694130
i don't ever really want kids, and i'm not too dysphoric and upset about having a penis, its not all bad i guess. i'm pretty content.
>>
>>25694166
Good stuff, person.

Shit will be OK.
>>
>>25694177
wow thanks. we're all gonna make it eventually.
>>
>>25694164
OK, say you get neetbux.
How long does this last for you? You're a robot, do some basic accounting.

What happens when you find the neetbux aren't enough to cover your cost of living? Neetbux aren't going to be around forever because - and I stress - nobody gives a shit about anybody else. When the belt gets tightened, there'll be nothing left for you.
>>
>>25694212
not like i counted on living longer than 30, but thats not an argument
i guess neetbux depends on where you live, even if they do get removed id find a loner, work from home job, freelancing or black labor
>>
>>25694212
Sick, you're living in the 50s to 70s.

Shame that all the chairs opened up by the awful massacre that was WWII are now filled, and we live in which the venditor is very much the employer and the emptor is very much us.

Try again. What will you do to make a living that will actually support your continued existence. We're entering an age that is very cruel on the unprepared.
>>
>>25693881
>failed normalfag

No such thing. Unless you say that robots become robots by choice which is never the case.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.