[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>in love with a fictional character for at least 6 years now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
>in love with a fictional character for at least 6 years now

I'm turning to you guys since I have no idea who to talk to about this. I can't talk about this to anybody that I know, otherwise I'll just alienate them and they'll think that I'm insane.

I'm in love with a fictional character, have been for around 6 years now. However every day I feel more and more depressed because I know that he will never ever be real.

Now, I don't really consider myself a social outcast. I have friends, I have a well paying and stable job, I go out, all of the standard nornie shit stuff. However, despite all that, I still feel empty inside.

I don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend, however I also haven't been trying to get one, in fact, I'm desperately trying to avoid getting into a relationship as I simply can't imagine myself in a relationship with somebody else right now.

I don't know what to do. I know that he will never ever be real, yet I still have feelings for him. Feelings which I don't want to simply forget about, however the longer I'm in love with him, the more I feel like something's eating me from the inside.

I feel like I'm mentally fucked in the head.

I don't know what to do.
>>
which anime boy is it OP?
>>
>>25687351
It's not an anime boy. In fact I feel like it'd be better if we left who it is out of this conversation
>>
>>25687409
I would really like to know please, is it a character from literature or film?
>>
>>25687475
He's a character from film, yes. More specifically he's General Grievous from Star Wars.
>>
>>25687543
Oh, hell yes! Like the one from the miniseries? He was badass!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHojDD-aoK8
>>
>>25687579
Yeah, heh, that's him. Although sadly those miniseries are no longer considered canon. This is one of my most favorite iterations of him though.
>>
>>25687671
The canon General Grievous is so pathetic. He's always coughing and he sucks at fighting and he runs away whenever he's about to lose.
>>
File: 52956952_p0_master1200.jpg (879 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
52956952_p0_master1200.jpg
879 KB, 900x1200
senpai, it's okay to love an idea
>>
>>25687728
While that is true, I honestly don't see him as much of a coward. I still hold a high amount of respect for him.

>>25687812
I know, and I wish I could continue simply loving him, however the fact that he doesn't exist is driving me insane. I mean God damn it. When I'm alone I sort of lock myself inside my head and keep thinking about him and being with him. Next think I know 3 hours passed without me even realizing it.
>>
Tulpa.
>>
I was in love with a fictional character for 3 years. I fell out of love mainly because there was no new material for me to consume and you can only watch the same shit so many times. When I felt my love starting to fade it was like someone had died.

So... I don't really have a solution, but I know how much it sucks loving someone who isn't real.
>>
>>25687812
>those fingers
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LOOOOOOOOOOOMIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS
>>
>>25687310
Can't you just remind yourself that he's not real and move on?

Honestly I'd love to help, anon. But I'm at a loss. Maybe talk to a therapist about it?
>>
>>25688144
Honestly, that sounds like a horrible way of ending it.
>>
Ten+ years here.

Acknowledge that he isn't real. If he could communicate with you from his unreality he would either tell you not to wait up for a fictional dude or (in the case of my husbando) give zero fucks and be annoyed that you are wasting his time.

Prioritize reality.
>>
>>25688273
Well, that's easier said than done. I don't need to remind myself that he's not real. I know he's not real, however every time I'm alone I suddenly start thinking about him again and we're back where we started.
>>
>4 lightsabers
>loses to a guy with 1

He was such a cool looking character. Why did he have to suck at life?
>>
>>25688388
Watch this shit. They ruined him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
>>
>>25688350
>give zero fucks and be annoyed that you are wasting his time.

Heh, you know, that actually sounds like something Grievous'd say.

You mentioned that you've been in love for 10+ years. Are you still in love with your husbando?
>>
>>25688426
Something between love and obsession. It can never be a romantic love because he'd never like me and isn't real, but he's on my mind every day while I live my live. I've dated. I've had sex.

Consider yourself from Grievous' perspective. You are not relationship material and he cleary has no interest in any relationships. Among everything else, you are not a Khaleesh. You are one of a jillion humans he wouldn't give a fuck about. He won't care if you worship or love him. He won't care if you live a lifew and have sex and marry another human.

You can collect all the sweet grievous figures and toys out there. You can still love him and think about him. But you can have a life too.

And you can probably even get a future partner to wear a grievous mask and do the voice for you. If you're into that. Ive masturbated to Grievous, I won't lie. I like Khaleesh and robots.
>>
>>25688629
>Consider yourself from Grievous' perspective. You are not relationship material and he cleary has no interest in any relationships. Among everything else, you are not a Khaleesh. You are one of a jillion humans he wouldn't give a fuck about. He won't care if you worship or love him. He won't care if you live a lifew and have sex and marry another human.

Christ, that hit me like a fucking brick.
I think that might actually be the way out for me.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll try to imagine him rejecting me and avoiding me.
I think if I do that long enough it might actually have some kind of effect and make me forget about him.
>>
>>25688768
Yep, that's how I escaped the trap.

Just roleplaying through conversations with him in my head, realizing that every time it would start with him asking something like, "Who are you again? Why are you here?"

And then I was free.
>>
>>25688855
Well, I'll try it. I won't like it, but I'll try it. It's the only solution that's left for me.

Thank you. It's amazing to see that somebody else has gone through the same situation that I'm going through right now. It actually gives me hope.

Thank you, seriously.

By the way, I hope you don't mind me asking, but who was your husbando?
>>
>tfw
>even fictional characters are whores
>>
>>25688030
I am sorry to say but he died.
>>
>>25688940
Slade from Teen Titans.

I'm amused that we both ended up with masked villain husbandos.
>>
>>25689067
Good choice. Anyway, thanks for the help. I really hope it'll work. And if it doesn't, well, who knows what'll happen.
>>
>>25689093
Good luck anon. It'll all work out.
>>
>>25688122 knows what's up. OP, make a tulpa and it'll all be alright.
>>
>>25687543
epik thread guize! xD

Make sure you check out /r/4chan and give me lots of upboats! xD

I'm so nerdy xD I go on fourchan xD

I can see it now: "anon has a Star Wars confession"

So EPIK! xD
>>
File: laughing polandball.jpg (10 KB, 127x110) Image search: [Google]
laughing polandball.jpg
10 KB, 127x110
>>25687409
>I feel like it'd be better if we left who it is out of this conversation

ONE REPLY LATER

>>25687543
>he's General Grievous from Star Wars
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 292x257
>>25687543
> I'm in love with general General Grievous from Star Wars
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.