[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't NEETs, losers and robots band together to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7
File: 1446111607679.jpg (82 KB, 639x639) Image search: [Google]
1446111607679.jpg
82 KB, 639x639
Why don't NEETs, losers and robots band together to make something great?
>>
>>25686596
Leadership and writing. You'd need the perfect combination of charisma and words to inspire hope in hopeless alienated people. That's not impossible. It happens. But shit is hard. Maybe we'll get funding from the lotto soon for this benign cult?
>>
>>25686596
>tfw you're not german and there are no pre established rape gangs to join
>>
>why don't talentless, motivationless people with mental disorders accomplish something great

I think you've answered your question
>>
>>25686596
Because the normies will take it and claim it as their own
>>
>>25687393
>Leadership and writing. You'd need the perfect combination of charisma and words to inspire hope in hopeless alienated people. That's not impossible. It happens. But shit is hard. Maybe we'll get funding from the lotto soon for this benign cult?
Right. I must admit I'm not charismatic myself but I do wanna gather people who have failed at life or had shitty experiences that doesn't allow them to develop their potential.

No clue how to go about pulling it off, though. And it's not like most of us have a common goal either; it's more like we have some overlapping issues in some cases with interests aligning occasionally due to said problems. Particularly, escapism through anime, video games, books and other media come to mind as the interests most of us share.
>>
Because we're the most lackadaisical, dimwitted humans on the internet.
>>
>>25686596
put up github links of your projects and if i like any of them, we can start a slack channel and do some work.
>>
that is basically what 4chan has been trying to do for a century now

only problem is the retard collective here can never get it together, and is only capable of producing shit
>>
Im down lets go.
>>
>>25687480
>Because we're the most lackadaisical, dimwitted humans on the internet.
Yeah but even hobos can band together and accomplish things like rent rooms, vans or small warehouses/storages sometimes.
>>
>I've never heard of communism

The only addition to your list is "and have Jews lead us" and it would be the plan for communism. (Communism sucks, as expected)
>>
>>25686596
if they were capable of doing anything, they wouldn't be losers or neets. and robot just means you browse r9k.
>>
>>25687522
Because hobo's have been out there man, we havent.

I have no fucking idea how the dishwasher works for instance
>>
>>25687485
I don't have any related projects. One time, I tried to create a community video game site for a niche genre but it failed and that's all my experience. Turns out if you're socially retarded, you can't get people to join in, develop retention or manage a small team of people.

But hey maybe someone here does.
>>
File: Listen Kufar.jpg (50 KB, 970x632) Image search: [Google]
Listen Kufar.jpg
50 KB, 970x632
>>25686596
>what is ISIS
>>
>>25687522
Hobos do that because they need to survive.

Even a genius can become homeless under the right circumstances.
>>
>>25687551
>>25687573
Hobos want to survive. What do we want through?
>>
File: 1409781175588.png (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1409781175588.png
23 KB, 400x400
>>25687640
A reason to exist and to be wanted.
>>
>>25687573
not true. A genius can cover his bases well enough. Someone smart enough to know what the word "overqualified" means can tone down a cv to get a foodservice job in the absolute worst conditions, to support himself long enough to get a job in his trained field.
Also, smart people generally save money, due to being more productive.
>>
>>25687640
money and comfy house first and foremost.

Secondary objective is girlfriends.
>>
>>25687675
but you guys are basically rats with thumbs
>>
>>25687561
what do you mean by related projects? I have a few projects that I'm working on, but because of NDA's and school honor policies, I can't include people in mine, but I'm happy to spend saturdays working on other people's projects if they're interesting.
>>
>>25687675
>>25687714
I'm starting to see a pattern. The first one seems to be about purpose and affection. Second one says affection and survival with some leasure.
>>
>>25687719
Are you implying that you're not a rat, too?

Squeak squeak.
>>
>>25687740
>what do you mean by related projects?
Related to getting the aforementioned group together in order to accomplish something great in the best interest of ideally all parties.
>>
>>25687640

We could form a roving rape gang.

If we get minority anons in on it the media won't cover it because that would be racist, so we're good. I knew blackbots would have a use some day.
>>
>>25687828
>We could form a roving rape gang.
I don't wanna rape people though.
>>
>>25687782
what projects do you have that you can receive help on? Let us be the judge if a project is worth our while.
>>
>>25687393
I can do this, I know exactly what needs to be done, I know exactly how to do it, but I have no reason to include R9K in making it, and I'm far too lazy to do it alone. I figured out how to successfully kill myself and live.
>>
>>25687851
you're not a robot then. leave normie
>>
>>25687861
>what projects do you have that you can receive help on?
Just one that could be shared, but like I said, it died and it's unrelated so I don't need help with it and I want to do something else.

Instead, we should all think of a new project to work on rather than helping individual scattered and already existing projects that were built upon with some other interest in mind initially.
>>
>>25686596
Sometimes I'm not motivated enough to jerk off, greatness is not a realistic goal for me.
>>
>>25686596
>band together
>make something great
If we were good at either of those, we wouldn't be us.
>>
None of us have the correct mindset, it would require a supreme alpha chad and then it would simply be him taking advantage of us. TLDR; Look up Charles Manson
>>
>>25687922
On the contrary, a being who gives in to something so primal like lust to such an extent is not a robot but something more along the lines of a beast or a failed normie of big thirst.

Most robots have learned to be without sex or companionship for the majority of their lives if not all, though I could argue those alone are not what makes you a robot either.
>>
File: 1411582056382.jpg (60 KB, 600x378) Image search: [Google]
1411582056382.jpg
60 KB, 600x378
>>25687924
so a rape clan? We could learn how to shield wall and then pull a woman into our cell, rape, and move.
>>
>>25687924
well i'm a senior cs major and for the last 4 months a professional rails/javascript dev. I like bitcoins and machine learning, and wouldn't mind making games, but i don't have any artistic skills other than a passable sense of web design aesthetics
>>
>>25687936
What do you do besides jerking off?
>>
>>25687968
shut the fuck up, normalfaggot.
>>
File: frog is finally happy.jpg (66 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
frog is finally happy.jpg
66 KB, 800x600
>>25687640
>What do we want through?

To bring about the worldwide nuclear apocalypse.
>>
>>25687992
No anon. Rape is WRONG.
>>
>>25687998
None of my hobbies take off very far I have some light programming experience but get lost in laying groundwork and then get bored.
>>
>>25687996
Oh, nice. I don't have a profession or degree under my belt despite being 25. As you can see, I am a loser but I do know how to make money and possess some knowledge in art, speak two languages and have some experience balancing competitive games actually. But I'm not sure how a game would help this group of people so I wouldn't imagine a site or game itself would be the project we need.

Since nothing but rape has been brought up, I invite everyone reading this to propose other ideas.
>>
>>25688062
>>25687996
I know some basic programming too, friends.
>>
>>25687996
Wanna help me with my homework bro?
>>
>>25688091
have you heard of programmable contracts? cryptocurrency folks have been talking about it for a while. I bet we could create some kind of mutual aid society for robots or something by programming a social contract. I don't know how we would fund it, or by what rules aid would be distributed, but it could be an interesting thing to think about.
>>
>>25688161
i'd help you if you were stuck on something but i don't really want to carry you through school. My roommate/coworker got carried hard through his cs degree and now I'm carrying him hard at work. Don't be that guy.
>>
>>25688172
>programmable contract
Nope, never heard of it but the concept of mutual help does seem like an interesting pursuit. After all, we all have our shortcomings but I bet most of us are also good for other things due to our upbringing or life experiences.

It seems like the most down to earth approach thus far.
>>
ROBOT FIGHT CLUB
>>
>>25688207
a programmable contract is a contract (set of rules) for transferring ownership of property that is enforced by software rather than by courts. I'm thinking something to provide limited support for NEETs who get kicked out of their parents house to pay for rent deposits on their first apartments or something like that.
>>
>>25688250
But then wouldn't we indebt NEETs and thus make this about money or is it like a rehabilitation process?
>>
>>25686596
tbhfam the best we could do is to start a society that tries to find potential robots before then become a robot. A robot intervention program.

Either by kidnapping the child and bringing them to the r9kmansion or simply giving them much need information to help them avoid the meaninglessness of robot life
>>
>>25688290
well, I just moved out of my dad's house into my own place last month, and the hardest part for me was to get the money together for the deposit and supplies (dishes, shower curtain, kitchenware, etc). I'm lucky enough to have spent money in my late teens on furniture for my room, so i had plenty of that, but i can imagine that being hard for robots just starting out. I wouldn't want to indebt anyone, but we would need some rules for distribution to prevent abuse, and some means for raising funds.

I'm just brainstorming here, but what if robots who put into the pool gain a democratic say in who is eligible to pull from the pool, proportional up to some voteshare limit, to prevent 51% attacks?
>>
>>25688194

I like programming. Relatively, though, because I don't like anything at all. I honestly waste most of my day either listening to music or reading shit on the internet.

How do I force myself to program? To sit down and just do it for hours.

And I know CS is for me because I'm good at it, and I would hate anything else even more. I'm so lazy and depressed though.

Also any kool cs tips?
>>
>>25688424
>I'm just brainstorming here, but what if robots who put into the pool gain a democratic say in who is eligible to pull from the pool, proportional up to some voteshare limit, to prevent 51% attacks?
How would we get a money pool going anyway? I don't know how many NEETs, robots and random losers have disposable income. At what point do we become loan sharks too?

Though I think no matter what we choose, money is probably going to be an issue. More importantly, aren't NEETs NEET because of fundamental issues? I don't know what we could possibly do after the life support stage to make them pay up besides enslavement or what. I'm not really good with money but it seems like a big can of worms.
>>
I used to daydream about being in a band with other robots.
>>
>>25686596
>Why don't NEETs, losers and robots band together to make something great?
because they will never amount to anything.

Literally every post
Literally every thread
jug shitting sperglord here, today I shit in a jug.
No woman will love me.
nobody will give me a job.
It's all their fault.
It's the fault of women
It's the fault of society
It's the fault of my height
It's the fault of my eye color.
It's the fault of my hair color.
It's the fault of my race.
It's the fault of my height
It's the fault of my uncircumcised dick.
It's the fault of my circumcised dick.
It's the fault of the country I'm in.
It's the fault of the planet I was born on.

It's the fault of every single reason I can invent, make up, and fabricate except for the truth: that I'm a lazy, self-entitled faggot with a shitty fucking personality that has zero desire to change myself for the better.
>>
>>25688488
the best strategy i found is to work in groups. having someone to bounce ideas off of and provide pushback gives you the means to clarify your idea, and having someone there keeps you from going astray on the internet. I got through so many of my cs classes just by doing homework in groups. I carried most of my hw groups, but i wouldn't have gotten the work done alone because i would've spent all my time on youtube and here.

Actually this is part of the reason I'm ITT. I don't really get much coding done outside of work right now, because I spend my time outside of work in my apartment doing other stuff.

As for tips, I think the hardest thing is getting the scope of a project down. So many ideas flow when you're brainstorming, but trimming it down to accomplishing your core goal and doing nothing else is what you want to do. You can always add new features on a finished thing, but you have to make a finished thing first. Always take the time to cut your feature set down, and to make a written plan. Jumping right into the code without a plan is how you get lost, distracted, and burnt out.
>>
>>25688588
that's where programmable contracts come in. The money would be stored as cryptocurrency in a wallet that can only be dispensed by a programmed entity whose behavior is defined by rules agreed upon in advance and open to the public to view. It's been about a year since I've read on this topic, but I can pull some research together tomorrow.
>>
>>25687828
>minority anons
Social media doesn't understand minority status. The Rodge was half-Asian, Zimmerman was obviously Latino. Anything less than 50% African-American will be called "white" in the liberal media and on your Normiebook newsfeed.
>>
>>25688691
Alright then. I plan to keep this thread up and make as many as necessary until a project is agreed upon.
>>
>>25688625
This is serious butthurt
>>
>>25688634

Wish I knew how to make friends. I got lucky a couple terms ago and did the group homework thing. Was definitely helpful. But now they're all in different classes.

Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>25688625
>because they will never amount to anything.
Not by ourselves but maybe together.
>>
>>25688801
sounds good, I'll pull some articles on programmable contracts for people to read, and for now, i'll share this link. Andreas Antonopolous is a premier cryptocurrency expert and he wrote a book about developing for bitcoin.
http://files.brendafernandez.com/Mastering%20Bitcoin/Mastering%20Bitcoin.pdf
>>
>>25687640
To be left alone
>>
>>25688920
That puts a damper on our quest for purpose as a group.
>>
>>25688848
>>25688848
it's enough to talk to people after class and ask to be in a homework group. you don't have to offer them friendship, just a place and time to meet up and get some work done.

it helps to raise your hand in class, people will notice your participation and be more likely to take you up on your request because they'll perceive you as someone who pulls their own weight in groupwork.
>>
>>25688024

also

>You have been muted for 4 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>25687420
I think youre onto something anon, we should all move to Germany!
>>
>>25688424
the hardest part for me to move out is rent itself
all rents are $1,200 where I live
can't rent with a min wageslave job or neet bux
>>
>>25689151
Why and to what end?
>>
>>25688091
What's wrong with the rape idea?
>>
File: dartheggman.jpg (132 KB, 572x845) Image search: [Google]
dartheggman.jpg
132 KB, 572x845
>>25687393
Eggman was the one.
He was supposed to bring balance between robots and normies, but he ended up joining them instead.
>>
>>25688920
This desu senpai, If I wanted to do something I'd do it, I just don't want to.
>>
>>25689259
He can pretend to be a normie all he wants but he can't run away from what he truly is. It's only a matter of time til his life goes back to shit like it was destined to be when he was born.
>>
>>25689225
Rape is not right man.
>>
>>25689152
that sucks dude, you should move to an area with lower rent. With a roommate, I pay $260 a month before utilities.
>>
>>25689358
Anyone got a better idea?
>>
File: gil throws shiny gems at plebs.gif (946 KB, 495x278) Image search: [Google]
gil throws shiny gems at plebs.gif
946 KB, 495x278
What would the robots gain from this? Communes have always been discussed but it never happens and if it does happen some fag want's to make it into a cult to get money,sex, and a bunch of other shit.
>>25689264
Pretty much this as well.
>>
>>25688625
Lots of people make those posts just to meme it up for gallows lols. It's the board culture. And honestly, isn't your attitude better than this mah botbro?

>>25688691
>>25688801
Third guy. I'm >>25687393
Interesting idea about the contracts. I have some knowledge of non-profits. The contracts could be a great way to provide accountability and even a good fundraising hook. Also, these coulld be interest-free microloans rather than "loan sharking." In the 1st world, 5 grand to move out isn't a lot by bank standards but no bank would cover that.

What you're proposing could fill a gap often left open or attempted to close with predatory loans. Final thought at the moment, only robots contributing to the pool may draw from the pool. At least initially, This opt-in co-op approach will help qualify cases with an additional layer of compliance assurance beyond the contracts. Frankly I'm more concerned about legal to start with if you make a proper organization. PR material will be needed particularly if we go that route.

Question: how decentralized and crypto should this be? Is it better to get non-profit status and hang a shingle somewhere? FIle as a religion? Can we accomplish goals without the traditional redtape? Best to clarify goals maybe. Sorry for the rambling, guise. It's late. Good stuff so far!
>>
>>25689365
most roomate adds are female only
also I might be too autistic for a room mate, I would stay inside with my neet bux and smoke weed or trip on acid all day. would a roommate tolerate a roomate that isn't a wageslave?
>>
>>25689446

>>25688691 here. I'd like to lean on more decentralized and more crypto rather than not, but that's because I'm completely ignorant of red tape and official stuff. If there's anyone here with knowledge or people who know about it, that would be very helpful.
>>
>>25689446
Where would this be happening?
>>
>>25689535
I don't think the point of this is to give money to people with plans to trip on acid all day. I envisioned it more as a means to help young people who have been living with their parents into their twenties get a jumpstart taking responsibility for their lives. This isn't an extra source of money for people who plan to live off the productivity of others. I wouldn't want to work on a project for that purpose.
>>
Working together to make stuff is the definition of being a normie.
>>
>>25689723
No it's not. That's a weird definition.
>>
>>25689682
>This isn't an extra source of money for people who plan to live off the productivity of others. I wouldn't want to work on a project for that purpose.
How would you evaluate them before loaning?
>>
>>25686596
is there anything greater than a massive group of suicidal people?
>>
>>25691273
Japan sort of does this already.
>>
The thing about pariahs is that the vast majority of them don't want to associate with other pariahs, nobody on this board could cooperate long enough to create something truly great.
>>
>>25686596
>make something great
Can't build a solid foundation out of flawed bricks.
>>
>>25692215
You build something flawed maybe.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.