[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you cope with the meaninglessness of life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: drmanhattan.jpg (622 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
drmanhattan.jpg
622 KB, 1440x900
how do you cope with the meaninglessness of life?
>>
>>25679240
you don't

you just ignore it, shitpost and watch tv

there's nothing more you can do

to think about it is to go insane. we werent meant to think about it. the only reason we now have time to think about it is because of industrialization.
>>
File: 1450017808415.jpg (548 KB, 1578x1164) Image search: [Google]
1450017808415.jpg
548 KB, 1578x1164
>>25679260
>to think about it is to go insane. we werent meant to think about it.

right out of this cunt's mouth. tragically true as well.
>>
>>25679240
you cope with it by finding a meaning
go to catholic mass this sunday
god loves u
find a qt girl to marry
procreate
live a righteous life
enjoy salvation
>>
Personally i just smoke weed, listen to music and jerk off
>>
Drugs, mostly weed, shrooms, just got some acid so that too
>>
>>25679240
You can't. You have to make up a reason to live or be miserable forever. Existence is shit why can't the atoms that make up my body just cease to exist.
>>
>>25679544
Where do you get the shrooms?
>>
>>25679488
This
also trying to find someone to cum inside, eat with and sleep next too
>>
>>25679578
they sell grow kits legally on the regular internet
>>
File: 1452029328395.jpg (48 KB, 488x413) Image search: [Google]
1452029328395.jpg
48 KB, 488x413
>>25679240
Just do the best you can with what you've got. Get a job, get your drivers license, got to school. It's what I'm doing currently. It keeps me distracted from the pointlessness of reality. So pretty much just distract yourself as much as you can. Oh and watch anime.
>>
>>25679578
Friends know a dude that sells
>>
>>25679240
Life is meaningless, so what?
Just try to live it as happy as you can, that's all.
>>
Do you feel this feeling ?
The fact that you can't have unlimited knowledge, the fact that people will never have full scientific cognitions or will truely never spot the meaning of the human life, this makes me going crazy anon. It literally strains my nerves
I have the craving for infinite wisdom, want to know and want to sense the experience of every human being ever existed
>>
>>25679756

>wants infinite wisdom
>has access to the internet, the closest mankind has ever come to a repository of infinite wisdom
>chooses to sit on /r9k/ instead

I don't think you want it as badly as you think you do.
>>
>>25679756
Sometimes i think about this too but then i remember that we are all going to die so there is no need to stress about it too much
>>
File: zapffe.jpg (38 KB, 150x200) Image search: [Google]
zapffe.jpg
38 KB, 150x200
read The Last Messiah by Zapffe, really opened my eyes for me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Messiah
Nietzsche talked about something called rausch a bit, which is basically like a rush of excitement and adrenaline which fills him with purpose, he got it from art but you can get it from making anything I think.
>>
>>25679756
The universe just doesnt' make sense at all. We shouldn't even exist, but somehow we do. So, why trying to understand our presence here? Just enjoy your life without questions.
>>
You realize that whether or not life has meaning doesn't really matter. We live in a tiny corner of an incomprehensibly large universe. To assume we have all the answers or will ever find them is ridiculous. We don't know the meaning of life or if there even is one and we probably never will. The best thing to do is give life your own personal meaning and pursue it in order to gain fufillment. Live your life as best you can and when you die, one of 2 things will happen. 1). There is some form of afterlife or at least a continuation of your consciousness so everything's cool, or 2). Oblivian. But you're dead so you don't give a shit.
>>
>>25679240
I'm Roman Catholic
>>
Also, I forgot to say, but it's ironic that you would use a picture of Dr. Manhattan for this thread, as his entire character arc was about him losing his nihilistic beliefs and developing an admiration for life.
>>
>>25679240
Read Nietzsche's work, fellow brother.
>>
create my own mercurial meaning
>>
File: 1452495876047.jpg (85 KB, 604x1280) Image search: [Google]
1452495876047.jpg
85 KB, 604x1280
>>25679240
>how do you cope with the meaninglessness of life?
You nut up and stop expecting it. Don't be a normalfag and believe you are entitled to a meaningful life.
>>
My professor in my philosophy major talked about how meaningness and meaninglessness coexist.. I still couldn't understand what he meant but perhaps the answer may help us cope a little bit
>>
No need to cope. Why are you so selfish that you need meaning in life?
>>
best advice i can give is talk to people, have conversations, with anyone if you have to.

too much time alone will make you think too much, talking with people while doing something will occupy your mind, so you don't have time to overthink everything about life

as the saying goes "an idle mind is the devils playground"
>>
>>25679240
personally it makes me feel liberated. I feel like I don't owe anything and everything will be forgotten. It helps me cope with my anxiety
>>
Read Ernst Junger. A lot of people advocate taking psychedelics, but I've never tried them.
>>
If there's no reason there, make one you bum.
>>
>>25680660
>arbitrarily making up a reason to live

Fuck outta here. Nietzsche was beta as fuck
>>
File: nihil.jpg (277 KB, 2048x1382) Image search: [Google]
nihil.jpg
277 KB, 2048x1382
<--- This, you dumb fuck

You've been given a free ticket to ride Planet Earth.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.