[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can females be good therapists? Going to see one soon and she's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1441829156593.jpg (396 KB, 1570x1536) Image search: [Google]
1441829156593.jpg
396 KB, 1570x1536
Can females be good therapists? Going to see one soon and she's a qt.
>>
pls

aetheazhjzaetjazetj
>>
>>25678874
Yeah, but she can't be ur gf cus of ur autism m8
>>
My first therapist was a middle aged woman. She was fairly attractive and was obviously quite attractive in her younger days.

She was pretty useless to me. She pulled out her binder for cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt). In case you didnt know, cbt can be summed up with "when you find yourself having bad thoughts, try to have good thoughts instead."

When I finally got comfortable enough to tall real shit, she reached the following conclusion:

> you're unhappy because you have needs that aren't being met.
> try not having those needs, instead.

Since the unmet needs were primarily a total lack of feeling accepted by my peers (which is fucking normal) I closed up and stopped sharing.
My current therapist is a younger woman, around my age (mid 20's).

She's also somewhat attractive, and she's married, so a total normie, but the generation gap isn't there.

She's helping, I think. She's a lot better about not making me feel like a jackass for having the problems I'm having. She's helped me get comfortable with the fact that I'm not meeting the expectations that I feel were set on me. Help keep me moving towards my own goals instead of giving up...

I don't really want to get much deeper than that...

To answer your question: I think so, yes. It just takes longer to feel comfortable, since you might not feel safe talking to grills about your problems.

Hope this helps.
>>
No way.
>>>/adv/16673592
>>
>>25679901

Fuck you Cahill
>>
>>25680055
Sorry... I don't follow.

In supposed to know who Cahill is?
>>
>>25678874
Dont start crushing on her.

Also, if you are a male, a male therapist would be better
>>
Women can never be good therapists for men. They are constantly showered with positive attention from the moment they're born.They have no idea what you've been through and can never relate. All she's going to do is do a textbook exercise and give you some pills.
>>
>>25680178

Thought you were someone I know irl browsing /r9k/ meant Chahill
>>
>>25680505
Sorry bruh

I wanna make sure this post is original af
>>
>>25680240
How's life living under a fucking rock?
>>
>>25681363
yeah

Widiiscjakzkcjj
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.