[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What losses rock and roll has experienced recently.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: GNSPDB.gif (125 KB, 500x535) Image search: [Google]
GNSPDB.gif
125 KB, 500x535
What losses rock and roll has experienced recently.
>>
>>25674077
call me an autist, but I genuinely don't understand why people care when celebrities die. you've never met them and if you have, it was only fleeting and they probably weren't even being 100% themselves.
>>
>>25674122
not necessarily about bowie in particular,

but if an artist dies and can no longer make art that you enjoy, don't you think it is understandable that it could be slightly upsetting
people don't need to cry and mourn all of it, but knowing that said artist will never make new material could be depressing to someone

inb4 Bowie is shit/not art
art is subjective
>>
That's not even Bowie in the picture. It's Billy Idol
>>
>>25674122
if the deceased is a person you look up to and admire, ofcourse it's going to be hard when said person passes away
>>
>>25674166
eh

bloxman is coming to town
>>
>>25674184
how can you even look up to and admire someone you don't even know? anything you've ever read/heard them say is filtered through the media and thus, not genuinely them.
>>
>>25674213
so youre just gonna right off a valid point?
>>
>>25674238
Because you can still admire their actions
>>
>>25674238
What you admire is their work, not what they say in the media. The media does not control the content they produce.
>>
>>25674258
I guess so. I wasn't talking about being sad that they won't make more art, I meant mourning them as a person. I get the former, but the latter will always be alien to me. I have too much empathy when someone is in front of me, but if they're not, then they might as well not even exist.

>>25674290
but what's the point? I don't understand the concept of admiration/having a role model. I've never had one and not because there was a lack of people to look up to, just because I don't see the point. I remember as a kid, when people asked me who mine was, I'd always make something up on the spot. why would you bother hold some other human up to some kind of standard just because they did/said things? they're still human and just as flawed as you are. they can still be a cunt. they're not special or worthy of anything just because of their actions or fame. they're just people.
>>
>>25674459
Some people are more worthy than other people. Not everyone is created equal. You seem to think pretty highly of yourself.
>>
>>25674539
>Some people are more worthy than other people.
says who? humans? so what? worthy by what metric? worthy of what? what does it even matter, anyway? if i had to save the president/prime minister/etc or my best friend, I'd choose my best friend any day of the week. hell, I'd choose an acquaintance. this stuff is highly subjective.

>Not everyone is created equal
sure, some people win the genetic or life lottery, but that doesn't mean that they're automatically a 'better' or 'more worthy' person. that just means they're lucky.

>You seem to think pretty highly of yourself.
How's that? For thinking that we should all treat each other fairly? thinking highly of myself would be thinking I should be treated better.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.