[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welp as of today I've been formally diagnosed with schizophrenia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: myfuture.gif (485 KB, 300x216) Image search: [Google]
myfuture.gif
485 KB, 300x216
Welp as of today I've been formally diagnosed with schizophrenia just like my father and uncle before me.

I'm not really depressed about it. I'm almost happy I have a legitimate excuse to continue being a NEET and live off the government for the rest of my life. I figure I'll pay the world back by not reproducing, seeing that schizo is heavily influenced by genetics.

Pic related, my father and uncle have gotten worse with age
>>
Have you already begun experiencing it?
>>
>>25668007
The drop off has been made. Make your time.
>>
>>25667993

Are you feeling it yet Mr krabs?
>>
>>25668007
As of right now it's mostly whispers. Think a crowded cafeteria where people are whispering in each other's ears loud enough to hear, but not loud enough to comprehend.

I get really paranoid sometimes, but at this point in time I can still snap myself out of it.

Ex: I sometimes catch myself changing my behavior as if someone is watching me (for no other reason than I'm paranoid someone is) even though I'm clearly alone
>>
I've had schizophrenia for eight years. It's not bad at all, actually entertaining. Getting $1200 a month in Canada. Sweet, sweet relaxation.
>>
>>25668102

How can I qualify for welfare? I'm neet and have been for a few years with major depression. Can't work or drive and I'm on meds. How do I go about getting financial assistance so I don't have to end my life?
>>
>>25668078
>sometimes catch myself changing my behavior as if someone is watching me (for no other reason than I'm paranoid someone is) even though I'm clearly alone
I think this is pretty normal. Sometimes I'll clean things like bowls and glasses twice in case someone poisoned them when I wasn't looking. No schizos in my family though.
>>
>>25667993
>>25668078

>Had paranoia, auditory and visual hallucinations on top of extreme stress
>Shrink doesn't give me a clear diagnosis

All I got was a fucking leaflet about schizophenia. "Luckily", the symptoms went away went I dropped out.
>>
>>25668122
Talk to a doctor. I would recommend saying that you a) hear voices and b) they tell you to kill yourself and others

You will be hospitalized for 2-4 weeks. After waiting patiently for a few weeks, tell 'em your voices stopped talking about violence. You will be discharged and told to take meds at home, which you do not have to take, but have to pretend to take.

..and that's my best advice.
>>
>>25667993
My Grandpa had it and my uncle has it as well. My dad doesn't have it, but starting to show some symptoms so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If not that my mother's side has a long history of depression and alcoholism so the chances of me being fucked in some way are pretty high. Best of luck to you though.
>>
>>25667993
>>25668102
Do you have to take pills or go to therapy on a regular basis in order to get the government money? I think I might have it, but even free money isn't worth giving myself a chemical lobotomy or having to deal with a therapist on a regular basis. I wouldn't mind going a couple times to get an official diagnosis and all that jazz, though.
>>
>>25668529
Modern drugs are not harsh. You're not gonna get brain damage, that's against the law.
>>
>>25668600
>trusting the government or big pharma
No thanks. It doesn't take a schizophrenic's paranoia to see how shitty modern medication has become.
>>
hOW old are you op?

i kind of want very mild schizo so i can get government check

should i keep smoking weed and doing shrooms?

im almost 20 btw
>>
>>25668624
Good. Now get to work, then wage c u c k :D
>>
>>25668201

Thanks. I appreciate it. I really can't work because I get trapped in my head if I'm not doing something I find stimulating. This leads to thoughts of suicide ect. So i I have a legit case. If it takes me a few weeks in the hospital for a few years of peace of mind I'll hear all sorts of voices for the doc. It's either that, or I'll end my life because I can't stand the stress and the lack of understanding from my family and peers as to how much I can't stand being alive in this place. Just wish i didn't have to hear voices for people to give me a break.

Thanks again anon
>>
>>25668201
It's not that easy you retard shit.

>My best advice

A decent psychiatrist can see through your bullshit story almost immediately. Plus if there is no history of schizophrenia it would be even more obvious.
>>
>>25668813
Worth a shot, in any case

Just telling you how I got my money. It's up to you now.
>>
>>25668751
>Thanks. I appreciate it. I really can't work because I get trapped in my head if I'm not doing something I find stimulating

Look at this faggot. Half of the world does exactly that. They man up and do what needs to be done to take care of themselves.

>So i have a legit case

Holy shit i didn't know neets were that stupid/delusional. Fucking just kill yourself.
>>
>>25668813

Well my psychiatrist wanted to forcibly admit me a months ago after I told him how I felt. I don't think it'll be that hard to convince him I'm hearing voices since the idiot made such quick judgments after a our first 45min session. I mean, I guess he was right about the fact that I'm fucked.
>>
File: r46MHAM.png (676 KB, 680x1152) Image search: [Google]
r46MHAM.png
676 KB, 680x1152
>>25668853

keke get fucked man you don't know shit about my situation

I'd kill myself if I wasn't scared of physical pain and I wasn't scared of failing. Believe me I want to die more than you want me to - but if I can find a way to live in relative peace, why wouldn't I try? You're the ignorant wagekek. have fun paying my bills
>>
There is a great book called Grain Brain where a neurologist links inflammation cause by eating grains/excess carbs with a slew of mental disorders. I would check it out, it's just a change of diet and it could completely change your life.
>>
File: 1452474453752.png (91 KB, 262x331) Image search: [Google]
1452474453752.png
91 KB, 262x331
>>25667993
>tfw dad has aspergers, schizophernia and speech patterns
>tfw never got diagnosed with any mental disorders
>yet
I'm scared, guys. How do I get diagnosed?
>>
File: lol.jpg (54 KB, 464x350) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
54 KB, 464x350
>>25668134
Ayy lmao why would anyone poison an autist
>>
>>25668968

fuck you I like my grains
>>
>>25668996

So do I. I just hope you also like having mental disorders because they are directly linked.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.