[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are anti-anxiety meds worth it and will they finally let me have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: suffer-anxiety-400x400.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
suffer-anxiety-400x400.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
Are anti-anxiety meds worth it and will they finally let me have friends?
>>
benzos are worth it if you have strong will power and can control yourself. benzos are a slippery slope and you can become addicted very easy and die from withdrawals.
>>
>>25655380
r u a grill

asdgeafgaerga
>>
>>25655380
a-any other alternatives
>>
>>25655664
anti-depressants
>>
Why don't you just stop being a scared faggot? Goddamn nigger.

Even if you do get mess you still won't have any social skills. You won't be nervous sure, you'll just be really calm and awkward instead of jumpy and awkward.
>>
>>25655588
yes
>>25655664
like the other anon said, some anti-depressents also reduce anxiety. But i hate anti-depressants. they kill your sex drive, make you feel numb. if you stop taking them then you get brain zaps.

stimulants also work. the will make you feel on top of the world, but they are also addictive.

you can also try cogintive behavioral theapry to help you.

and just getting out more, and getting used to people will help.

you can only help yourself. dont expect just to take a pill and everything changes for the better. you must put effort into it.
>>
>>25655824
I used to be socially retarded but now I'm just extremely nervous in social situations. I haven't had friends in like five year so I'm pretty tired of being alone and am willing to try medication.

>>25655902
I was in cognitive behavioral therapy for years and I still don't have any friends. I'm thinking about going to a therapist that's in the same office as my psychiatrist so they can work together.
>>
Be a functional cocaine user. Charlie sheen did it.
>>
>>25656042

Ask for Zoloft, I had the same problems with social situations and general anxiety/depression and it really helped.

Unlike Prozac it shouldn't turn you into a zombie. At worst you'll probably get some Nausea initially (1 hr after taking dose) and have a reduced sex drive.

After a few weeks you should feel much more relaxed around social situations and generally less anxious depressed.

Results may vary but its a good middle strength SSRI with mild side effects compared to Lexapro and Prozac.
>>
Just drink vodka u little bitch
>>
>>25656302
I don't really like being called a little bitch so if you could please not do that again I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>25656487
back to tumblr with you
>>
>>25656833
I don't really like tumblr so if you not tell me to go there I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>25656487
What are you gonna do, little bitch?
>>
I've had excellent luck with Citalopram, which I think is a generic for Zoloft or something. It's an SSRI, so not as nasty of side effects as benzos. Barely any decreased sex drive, it really just makes me last longer if anything. When you start you might have some strange dreams (not nightmares, they're kind of fun.). Seems to be a common side effect. After that I felt like a new person.
>>
>>25656954
ill suck u
>>
>>25657578
I don't appreciate being sucked off so if you could not offer again I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>25658237
sorry friend

rgbxgnzznf
>>
>>25655347
No, they will alter your brain chemistry forever
>>
>>25660678
Except that's a lie.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.