[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mental health/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: ptsd-aa034249-gettys.jpg (20 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
ptsd-aa034249-gettys.jpg
20 KB, 280x280
Who else /OCD/ here?
>tfw my mind actively finds new things to worry about
Life is suffering.

On the topic of OCD, no tumbrlinas are allowed ITT who have no idea what it's actually like to have it and think it's just some condition about hating things being out of place.
>>
>>25650466
Not OCD, but severe anxiety, which I know is in the same realm as OCD. If I get really worried about something I have to check that thing over and over, I can't just do it once.
>>
>>25650621
OP here, I don't treat OCD as anything else besides a type of manifestation of anxiety. It's just easier to classify it as such.

But yeah, you and I are in similar boats, friend.
>>
bumghetti
>>
>>25650683
I don't think if this is your case, but I have shit mental health genes going back centuries. People like us really never stood a chance.
>>
>>25650466
>another person with genuine non-"sometimes i feel the need to clean my room"-shit
rare

>recently started doing this compulsive grunting, like the start of a cough
>not very loud or anything but pretty uncomfortable
>>
>>25650466
Who /psychosis/ here? I didn't know what it was until I was diagnosed with psychotic depression. Luckily, only mood disorder NOS is currently on my record.
>>
Same thing OP.

If I do have a problem that's solved, my mind straight away obsesses to worry over the most retarded things, things that really are not a problem at all.

When I do have a genuine issue, I always think to myself, I'd do anything for this to be solved and back to normal. When that happens (because the issue isn't that bad , my mind makes it worse) im happy for about ten mins then stress about other things

It's pathetic. Fuck my shit up
>>
>>25651936
Severe anxiety dude here, I'm really similar. Any even slightly small problem or decision I have to make is blown way out of proportion. I had a panic attack looking for glasses cleaner one day. What sucks is that every branch of my family has been like this. How the hell am I supposed to have hope in the face of that?
>>
>>25652099
In a similar position, severe anxiety issues runs through the family, and depression too. I also have fucked up hormones and i've developed some weird chronic allergy shit in my twenties that has made my nose permanently swollen and almost all smell gone. Life is a gift...
>>
Who here /hypochondriac/?

Its fucking he'll.
>>
>>25652329
Schizophrenia, major depression, general anxiety, and hypochondria reporting in. Life isnt that hard when you have risperidone and zoloft.
>>
>>25652099
Thing about me is that I overthink everything and worry about what people think.

I keep telling myself to stop thinking about it but my mind keeps going over and over it and I can't stop.

I then get panic attacks about going to work even though my job is fine
>>
File: 1450590594742-2.png (419 KB, 469x568) Image search: [Google]
1450590594742-2.png
419 KB, 469x568
>recently looked up avoidant personality disorder
>every single symptom is something I've dealt with daily

Is there something I can do for this or am I fucked?
>>
>>25652678
Not avoiding things, not giving in to the urges to go full shut-in. Giving in only makes the issues worse and you will eventually reach a point where the doorbell ringing makes you run and hide etc.
>>
Anyone here PPD?
>>
File: 1452198527914.jpg (113 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1452198527914.jpg
113 KB, 666x666
Try having OCD + cut cock rage.
>>
File: 1447806438375.png (740 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1447806438375.png
740 KB, 633x758
>>25652910
>Giving in only makes the issues worse and you will eventually reach a point where the doorbell ringing makes you run and hide etc.

FUCK, this is my life right now
>>
File: 1450555042443-4.png (59 KB, 148x265) Image search: [Google]
1450555042443-4.png
59 KB, 148x265
>>25652910
>Giving in only makes the issues worse and you will eventually reach a point where the doorbell ringing makes you run and hide etc.

I'm like that now. What makes it worse is that all of this shit is tied to my ass, which means I have diarrhea whenever I have to do something/have to go somewhere.
>>
File: 1438712538042.jpg (12 KB, 600x238) Image search: [Google]
1438712538042.jpg
12 KB, 600x238
>>25652678
>avoidant personality disorder
god fucking damnit, I'm done for
>>
I have anti social personality disorder. It's not that bad except for being a psychopath and completely isolating myself. Not much point to living a life alone. It also causes problems with paying attention to details and doing reckless things. I have done some really dumb stuff that's fucked my life up for no good reason. I think they call it a blunted effect.
>>
>>25651525
i think that's autism senpai
>>
File: banana funny.png (59 KB, 240x245) Image search: [Google]
banana funny.png
59 KB, 240x245
oh fuk who shit dis nikka lol straight nigga shit right here boy
>>
>>25654075
>>/b/

>bananas
>>
>>25653102
>>25653131
The diarrhea is a classic, almost shat myself once due to it appearing every time something is even remotely anxiety inducing. I believe there are non-prescription and prescription meds for it.
No idea what to do about the situation honestly, i've been hardcore avoidant for years. Rather stressful to never be able to act like or do the things you want to and instead always end up with some anxiety induced mess which makes you even more anxious.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.