[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought parts for a new computer because I wanted to play better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I bought parts for a new computer because I wanted to play better games. Paid like 2k for it.
They said building a pc is easy and I belived them. 3 hours later I think they I broke some port (jumper something) on my motherboard and there's no way I'll be able to make it work on my own.
I was really excited about this. This was the only thing that I was looking forward to.
>>
Every part fits where it's supposed to when put there in the right order and position, what kind of retarded bullshit did you pull off to break something?
>>
RIP in pieces, mobo.
>>
You should have bought a prebuilt and improved from that so you know where all the cords and things go.
Scrap it on ebay or something if you think you're in over your head. It probably still works, maybe ask someone on idk /v/? if they can skype you through it
>>
>>25648782
Ladies & gentlemen, I present to you the (soon to be) proud owner of a Sony Playstation 4.
>>
>>25648782
did you watch a how to video, like neweggs how to one they got that's pretty comprehensive
>>
Build a PC when I was thirteen you RETARDED or something
>>
Never force things into ports, if you're pushing you're probably doing it wrong
>>
>>25648782
You had to go and fuck it up didn't you OP. How hard is it to google any "how to build a PC" video and do it fucking right? It is as simple as plugging 4 or five things into each other.
>>
> that glorious feel when you built your first pc when you were in your teens
> that glorious feel when you turn it on and it worked

Thats what being successful must feel like..
>>
Built 2, even though there's dried blood on my cpu fan in my current one I still did it. It's not hard you just have to be literally retarded not to be able to.
>>
>clamping down the CPU for the first time
Sweating bullets to be honest.
>>
Building a PC is ridiculously fucking easy. What are you? 12?
>>
>>25649287
I don't know about all that, my CPU 24 pin connector and RAM put up a hell of a fight. But then again, I cheaped out on the motherboard.

Asrock, never again.
>>
>>25649320
that crunching noise is just the motherboard
>>
>>25648782
Take a picture of your current setup and I can tell you what you broke and if it's mission critical.
>>
>>25649357
This, post pics
I am good with combuter i can helb you
>>
>>25649287
You have to push pretty hard to get the ram in though
>>
>>25649355
>crunching noise
what the fuck nigga any crunching noise is bad
>>
>>25649243
I built my first one at 9, had seen my brother do his before so had no problems.
>>
>>25649320
I've done it a few times and it seems to take way too much force. The crunching noises, the bending, it just doesn't seem right.

I never actually had any problems though.
>>
File: 1323072406433.jpg (31 KB, 168x210) Image search: [Google]
1323072406433.jpg
31 KB, 168x210
>build a pc
>suddenly my entire family and friends treat me like I'm a computer engineer

If they only knew it's basically expensive legos.
>>
We need more info OP.
>>
>>25649546
>he didn't assemble the MB components on a cardboard box on top of the soft mat that came in the box and did it when screwed on the stands inside the case.

Guise don't do this.
>>
Tfw late 20's and never built a pc
>>
>>25648782
>They said building a pc is easy and I belived them.
It fucking is. It's easier than putting together a god damn lego set.

>put mobo in case
>plug things into mobo

That's really all there is to it. I mean, yeah, I can understand freak accidents like if you accidentally drop a component on the ground or you're retarded and shock a component or something, but otherwise, they're piss easy to assemble. If you followed pretty much any video tutorial, you should have been 100% fine.
>>
>>25648782 (OP)
I built a PC when I was 11 and I didn't need help. OP is a faggot.
>>
>>25648782
>3 hours
>broke something
These are the type of people on this board. Ones that also think they have superior intelligence and think of others as sheeple
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.