[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /aspie/ here? >tfw can't make eye contact Share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: How to talk to your aspie cover.jpg (153 KB, 1285x1600) Image search: [Google]
How to talk to your aspie cover.jpg
153 KB, 1285x1600
Who /aspie/ here?

>tfw can't make eye contact
Share stories and shit
>>
I'm fairly good with eye contact and understanding humour and stuff, but bad with emotional responses. Also find it difficult to interject or say no so end up signing up for stuff I don't want to.

>be walking through town
>some guy from a charity to help young people in prison approaches me
>tells me how awful prisons are for young people
>asks me to guess what happens to most young men in prison
>I know what's coming but don't answer
>"It's actually rape"
>start laughing
>can't stop laughing
>I know it's awful but I can't control my emotions
>he carries on talking while looking at me like a piece of shit
>end up signing up to pay 10 pounds a month to the charity
>my mum sees letter from them when it gets posted a few days later
>she phones to cancel because "the collector took advantage of a disabled boy"
>>
>>25640058
I can't look people in the eyes either, not for longer than 1-3 seconds. It's so uncomfortable, almost like fear.
>>
>>25640508
Wtf I can't either
Some kind of fear, yes
Am I of autism?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (329 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
329 KB, 1920x1080
>>25640783

>2005, age 10.
>Dad got me Age of Mythology: Titans for christmas
>Fucking ecstatic
>Plays it for every second of my freetime
>dad plays WoW
>ask if I can try
>hooked
>Dad helps me make an own account just before WOTLK expansion(2008~)
>I'm having the time of my life running around killing skeletons and shit with my father.
>Grades has fallen, except for English.
>Dad stops playing in 2010 because mum is worried.
>I get sad.

'Til this day I still play this fucking videogame. I'm failing uni because of how easy it is to forget things like time, sleep, food, and responsibility.

I wish I was 12 again...
>>
baka I forgot to tell in ^ that I don't think that avoiding eye contact is "the sole indicator of autism", but rather it has to do with how you're raised/culture/experience.
>>
File: 432996776543.jpg (8 KB, 243x313) Image search: [Google]
432996776543.jpg
8 KB, 243x313
>>25640414
>Also find it difficult to interject or say no so end up signing up for stuff I don't want to.
OP here. I sign up for charity shit all the time because I just can't say no to them. I'm afraid they'll get mad at me or disappointed in me and I don't know how to deal with that.
>>
>>25640783
You're probably just an aspie.
>>
I got a diagnosis just to get the autismbux.
eye contact is weird for me because I can do it but I need to take a split second break every couple seconds, like I look away then back again instantly. or is that normal?
I don't even think I am an aspie really.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (82 KB, 802x580) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
82 KB, 802x580
>>25641675
>autismbux
Is this an actual thing? I live in Norway and I've never heard of it.
>>
File: 1402419386635.jpg (81 KB, 660x465) Image search: [Google]
1402419386635.jpg
81 KB, 660x465
>>25641136
We all do fellow anon, we all do.
>>
>>25641136
>2005, age 10.
>immediately think underageb&
>people born in 1995 are actually 20+ years old now
>pepewithclockwheredidthetimego.png
>>
Aint nobody giving you money for sperg where I'm at.
>>
File: 1447994617209.jpg (40 KB, 390x478) Image search: [Google]
1447994617209.jpg
40 KB, 390x478
>tfw dad tries to pretend you don't have ASD
>he never told me until I was 17, by accident
>get checked again when I turned 18
>what do you know, I still have it
>tries to pretend I still don't have it
>whenever my sister asks why I do certain things or something and I explain it's a part of my disorder he gets pissed
>he has brainwashed her into thinking I don't have it either or I "slightly have it"

I'm sure he likes the fucking autismbux I get from it though.
>>
>>25640414

>charity collectors come knocking at the door
>was playing dark souls in my room at the time
>in Sen's Fortress
>stood at the bonfire
>they ask to come in
>too scared to say no
>they sit down in the living room
>they start talking about the charity
>every few seconds you'd hear a noise
>HHHHRNHHHHHR *EXPLOSION*
>the giant in Sen's would throw the bomb
>one of them asks what the noise was
>"o..oh.it's j-just a game.."

Fortunately I was 1 year too young for them to legally collect from me so they had to leave. Man that shit was embarrassing.
>>
>>25641945
I feel you. My younger sibling is going to bars, it messes with my head.
>>
is this thread dead now bump nigger original comment
>>
>>25642002
Yeah man shit sucks.

>>25643294
Nah let's keep this shit going.
>>
They forgot Dylan Klebold, the aspiest of them all.

Does this mean we are all going to be killers?
>>
>>25641675
It's pretty normal to break eye contact when your talking to someone every now and then. It would be weird if you never broke eye contact and gazed into their souls the entire time
>>
>>25641136
I started in 2005 too, I was 8 and my brother got me playing. I played RS beside him while he raided, and one day he asked if I wanted to try WoW. So for my bday he bought me an account off of some playerauction site, with full raiding gear. I played it until MoP and quit. Now Im back to playing Runescape.
>>
>tfw I may have been an aspie all my life but parents never told me
I have a lot of the symptoms, including stims, eye contact = painful, sensitive to touch, socially inept (can never pick up cues), fidgeting, repetitive behavior, etc.

Whenever I used to talk about psychology or seeing a psychiatrist they would change the subject oddly. I want to get diagnosed as it'd explain a lot of my life and make me feel a little better, but I'm too poor.
>>
>>25640414
>>25641603
>>25642041
Man, you guys are pathetic. I just tell them to fuck off. Aspie here btw. You can't live in a city with as many beggars as where I live and be a charitable person to all of them. Learned that real quick when I moved here. It helps to think that many of them found themselves in their situation by their own decisions.
>>
>>25642027
He's doing the right thing, to be honest. I never let my AS define me because the rest of the world doesn't care how special a snowflake I am. I'd do the same thing to my own children if I ever have any.
>>
I have schizophrenia.

I thought people were watching me, observing me and plotting to make me embaressed so I stopped going outside for 5 years. I was a top student and now I am a jobless dropout.

I was in mental institution and I saw other people. Basically all of them have no education and have trouble getting a job.

tfw doomed from the start
>>
>>25644527
Do you hear voices? I have textbook schizophrenia minus the voices. I have visual and some sound Hallucinations tho.
>>
I am autism but I stare people down when they're talking. Is it rude? I just want to show I'm paying attention, but I'm not sure if it makes people uncomfortable or not.
>>
>>25643835
Ayyyy runebro, i just lost my bank staking and broke my laptop screen
>>
>>25644687
No, I don't hear voices or have hallucinations. That's why I got diagnosed wrong first few times.

First it was social anxiety, then social phobia, then OCD but only anti psychotic helped (30mg abilify). I got sent to the same psychiatrist my mother went to and he said I have very similar disease to hers and she has schizophrenia so that's why I got diagnosed with it.
>>
>selective mute
>eye contact never happens
>sperg at cashiers
>can't regulate mah feels before/after social interaction
>>
>>25644790
I probably have psychotic depression because I have symptoms of schizophrenia coupled with cripping depression that feels like I'm dying of aids. I'm on risperidone and zoloft right now for "mood disorder NOS"
>>
>>25640508
Yeah, same here. I have to force myself to look people in the eyes so they'll know I'm actually paying attention. I can do it, but it's extremely uncomfortable
>>
Don't know if autism or something else, but I have trouble relating to most people in an emotional way and I understand social cues but I find them obnoxious and mildly offensive/a burden half the time. My life would be a million times better if paying attention to social cues and signaling wasn't so damn important.
>>
>>25640058
i used to be an aspie then i had an epiphany a few months ago. some guy was trying to sell me a book on reincarnation in the street i was just like muttering i don't want it and he kept talking. then i just got mad looked him and told him to stop talking, i don't want your stupid book, when you die you die reincarnation is a lie to make people feel better. all he said was ok and walked
felt epic to be so edgy after that i was more confident if your an aspie just punch someone in the street see what happens
>>
>>25643601
We are the future. We are the next step of human evolution, culling the old and obsolete.

...I'm just kidding, you know I love the status quo. Hurrah, normals. They're great.
>>
>>25640783
>>25640508
>>25641620
me too. but seriously, does it have a proper name, besides autism?
>>
File: Untitled.png (206 KB, 379x368) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
206 KB, 379x368
>tfw you have a meltdown while drinking
>everyone thinks you're an angry drunk
>>
>>25644928
>I understand social cues but I find them obnoxious
THIS! Women are the worst about it as well. One time a woman was talking to me and she was upset so she made a face while talking. I asked her why she made the face and she said because she's upset. I told her I knew she was upset, so she didn't have to make that face anymore. She was confused.

Fucking normies, man. By now I understand that them making faces is involuntary, but I still ask why they do it sometimes to fuck with their self-awareness.
>>
>>25645006
Sometimes I get thoughts like this, or ones where I just go "I wonder what would happen if I punched him in the face?" or "I wonder what would happen if I stabbed her?" Sometimes I just plan out elaborate "screw everyone here" speeches and imagine giving them out when a group of people is irritating me
Sometimes I feel dangerously close to carrying them out. I never do of course, but I feel like I might one day, and it scares me a bit
>>
>>25644928
I'm exactly the same way. I feel like life would be so much easier if everyone was as straightforward as I am. There's all these stupid subtleties and cues that I apparently miss.
>>
>>25640414
>Innapropriate laughter
I KNOW THAT FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLL HOLY SHIT IT SUCKS.
>>
>>25645406
Just numb yourself to the response and laugh anyways. If someone looks offended, fuck em. If someone is offended enough to say something, tell them it's fucking funny.

Alpha autist masterrace.
>>
>>25640414
>My friend was talking about the welfare system
>how women are basically being paid to pop out babies
>I imagine this in my head
>with like the noises and everything
>I go into a fit of uncontrollable laughter
>she just stares at me with this look of disbelief and disappointment
>i notice and feel bad, but i still cant stop laughing
I can say I know this feel
>>
>>25645519
>letting your boring friend laugh-shame you
top beta
>>
>>25644914
the best way to overcome this is to just stare at someone on public transport until they stop looking back
>>
>walking towards crowd walking opposing me
>eyes water
>going down stairs in public place
>weak shaky knees
>hold breath
>tense up when having conversations or in public or darting eyes

Am I aspie?
>>
i dont know if i have aspergers but i do pee in bottles and poop in the shower sometimes.
>>
>>25645606
>poop in the shower
absolutely autistic
>>
>>25645622
how though its so convenient.
>>
>>25645606
i never understood this poo in the shower meme sure peeing is fine. but do you guys just not eat fibre at all? When i take a shit its like 20 seconds. not worth the effort of doing it in the shower and possibly having to blast it with the water
>>
>>25644836
>tfw no self-checkout stands in every store yet
>>
>>25645676

Oh it takes 5 seconds for me too but I have this OCD thing where i dont want my feet to touch the dirty floor so instead of waiting until i can get socks on to poop i just poop in the shower and waffle stomp it down the drain.
>>
>>25645598
>>going down stairs in public place
>weak shaky knees
>suddendly become conscious of your feet movements
>getting super awkward walk and can't ignore it
>>
>cycling home after buying my autism lunch (high end pot noodles and mtn dew)
>hear my name being called
>see cute grill
>thought that she called my name
>say hi to her
>she looks at me weirdly
>she said nothing and all i heard was an illusion
>after about a second i fucking go full autism speed away
>parents ask me why im out of breath
The pot noodles were pretty good, they actually contained bits of meat in them that didnt taste like synthetic shit.
>>
Who else /can't say no/ here?
>>
>>25645746
If ANYONE who is versed in Aspie science can find a solution for this problem I would be very grateful. It's serious because I can notice immediately when someone is doing it as well.
>>
>>25645754

>doing exam
>giant ass classroom, probably can hold 200 people
>turn around and watch on the opposite diagonal
>literally 9/10 you never spoke to but always keeps seeing initiate eyes contact and starts smiling
>instatly turning around thinking he saw somebody else
>we were in 6 in that classroom
>>
>>25645801
it's like when you think there is a stairs step ahead, but there isn't.

except it happens in a public place, and you do it every step
>>
>want to create aspie nation
>our people relish their chains and grow fat and weak with NEETbucks
>>
>>25645817
>LOOKING BACK IN AN EXAM
Shit nigger do you want your paper to be disqualified? I never look more than 45 degrees to my left or right in an exam
>>
>>25645817
r u an aspie girl?
>>
>>25645912
it was while the teacher was giving papers and stuff

>>25645932
i wish i was
>>
>>25645932
W-when I'm wearing a skirt!
>>
File: 6874025-drive-movie.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
6874025-drive-movie.jpg
409 KB, 1920x1080
He was an aspie, not autistic.
>>
>get diagnosed
>denied from the army on basis of diagnosis
>doctor says i'm functional enough to not receive autism bux
REEEEEE
>>
>>25645775
fuck I didn't think that was connected.
>>
Did any of you here walk frankstein style as kids? Without moving your arms at all. I read that this is a huge red flag of some mental illness.
>>
>>25646025
how and where can i get diagnozed? sounds fun, online tests are boring as fuck
>>
>>25646062
Sometimes. i really had to put effort into how much i moved or swayed my arms when i was a kid. I had motor problems which made me look like a tard and also i broke a lot of shit and was generally clumsy. I also have to put a lot of effort into typing without smashing a tonne of keys in the process.
>>
>>25646025
>doctor says i'm functional enough to not receive autism bux
same happened to me
i'll kill him first
fuckin normies
>>
>>25646098
Got the diagnosis as a kid, around 7th grade if memory serves
>>
>>25646160
can i get it now? at 21?
>>
I don't have any brain problems. I think I might be schizoid but honestly it's the best because it means I can sit days in a room and no be bothered by people.

>>25644527
>I thought people were watching me

The government is always watching. that is not paranoia that's just the echelon system.
>>
File: 1448730002749.jpg (251 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448730002749.jpg
251 KB, 1024x1024
>>25646062
No but I think about how I look like when I walk all the time.
>>
>>25646184
No idea, sorry.

Fucking captcha
>>
>>25640058
aspie here,
>I don't have any friends now, I had in the past some few
>I don't speak with groups of more than 2 people that I don't know
>I pass the hours in front of a computer
>21 years old & virgin
>>
>>25646426
i'm you in seven years.
>>
>>25640508
I don't do it because I couldn't see eyes, let alone a discern the features of a face, until second grade because my vision was complete shit. I'm really good with vocal tone and word choice though.
>>
>>25640058
why is autism become so synonymous with social anxiety on this board?

its like when normies say "OMG! anxiety!:D"
>>
>>25643601
Dylan had a GF and spent a lot of his free time hanging out with friends and smoked weed

he was a normie for sure
>>
>>25640058
I've never understood the eye contact thing. Does looking at humans make you feel scared? If anything I stare too much. Is this a cultural thing?
>>
>>25643709
Unless if you're like super into each other, then it's the best feeling in the world.
>>
>>25646492
get the fuck out underage
Not even because of "da rules" but this place will permanently fuck you over if you are on here at this age. I started coming here when I was 13. When i was maybe salvageable. Now look at me.
>>
>>25640058
I have ADD but I want to know if I'm actually a sperg.

The problem is I also know that being diagnosed as a sperg would benefit me in various minor ways, so I almost want the diagnosis and so I tell myself I'm probably a sperg, so if I got tested or anything I might subconsciously game the test affecting my ability to learn the truth.

I'm more creative/lateral thinking than some of the more extreme autism/aspergers traits, but I also recognize that a lot of it is sonic-OC tier with some powerlevel control. In social skills, etc, I'm much more spergy but I've managed to make it less apparent.

I just don't know. I don't even know if I want to know, if told it's unlikely by a professional I'd probably be disappointed, but if diagnosed I'd question whether it was genuine. I wouldn't even know how to ask them to test me.
>>
>>25647245
he could have meant he is you in 7 years, aka hes a 28 year old kissless virgin
>>
>>25646615
No he didn't. He had female friends but no gf and he wrote about his angst at isolation and gf-lessness at length in his diary.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.