[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know where else to ask because no friends so i'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Pearl-Architecture.jpg (194 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Pearl-Architecture.jpg
194 KB, 1680x1050
I don't know where else to ask because no friends so i'll ask you guys.

What should i study and work in the future?
I thought about something creative like industrial design or architecture. I'm sure some of you have experience and can tell me what degree is worthless and what a nice career is

Please help me i would not know where else to ask.
>>
Bump this for you my dear friend
>>
whatever you enjoy doing.
>>
I think there should be an /uni/ board or something on 4chan
>>
>>25638416
how much school have you done anon?
If youngbot, what were your subjects and grades?
was there anything you found super easy that normies sucked at?
what are you interested in beyond vidya and weeb shit?
>>
Take it from someone who's already doing a creative field, don't go creative. Jobs are so hard to come by in a creative field, and unless you are a super genius, don't bother. You'll just end up with a shiny degree but zero experience unless you actively go out and meet people or make connections. Sure if you try hard enough you might get there, but the entertainment industry is so fucked right now.

Best bet is to go the business route. There are more job opportunities for someone with a business degree. You want to be able to support yourself and your future family (if you ever have one), and that's probably the safest route.

That being said, of course it's better to do what you love doing and if you can get paid doing it then yes that's ideal. Follow your dreams anon, but don't be consumed by it. Be practical. And good luck friendo! I believe you'll do what you feel is right.
>>
>>25638416
You really should find something that at least poses an interesting challenge to you. I don't think many people find jobs they "love" but if you can find one where the daily work interests you you'll be ok.

It's tough to guess without knowing more about you, but I'm gonna just go on a hunch. Assuming you're 18, forego uni. Study for the CCNAX certification exam for 3-6 months (until you feel confident). Take this to employers and get a jr. network associate job or if you can't, get a help desk job to start getting experience. Most employers will be amazed at an 18 year old with a CCNA and want to hire you if you're ok at interviews. Work at the first job for a year and study for CCNA Security/VOIP/Any specialization. Pass that. Get new Job/promotion. Get CCNP. Get new job/promotion. Get CCIE (if you even need it at this point, depends on your work experience). Get new job/promotion. At this point, with any social skills you could be making close to 200k a year by the time you're 22-25. Even more money if you can find some good security jobs and go CCSP instead of CCNP.

I'm betting you'd be interested in networking, but I could be wrong and then disregard fuccboi.
>>
Also I just realised you said design and architecture. As someone who is very close to someone who's studied architecture and is stable at her job, she worked hard for it and was top of her class. A lot of her other classmates have graduated a few years ago already and still don't have a job in their field. I guess I should change my point a little. Do what you love, but if you're going into a niche field, work extra hard for it and don't give up. Don't be a failure like me who can't get a job in my field (music).
>>
File: 1451931993951.jpg (105 KB, 930x620) Image search: [Google]
1451931993951.jpg
105 KB, 930x620
>>25639554
thank you
>>25639566
i have no experience so far
>>25639572
true
>>25639608
i'm 22 and am finished with my a levels
i'm really good at spending money on expensive designer shit
i have the best taste in the world
>>25639668
i don't think i could ever enjoy a job where i can't design products or make art. it's just what i'm good at
>>25639799
thank you
>>25639822
>Do what you love, but if you're going into a niche field, work extra hard for it and don't give up
this is what scares me
i want to do something i love but i hear so many people telling me an arts degree is useless etc which is a bit scary
>>
>>25639927
It always is daunting. I'm probably not the best example, but if you're gonna do anything, never do it half-assed. That was always my problem - I'd get motivated, lose motivation, then start losing the will to work hard. It's something I'm trying to rectify. It'll take time, granted, and I know the whole "where do you see yourself in 10 years" thing is scary, shit it still scares me. But if you're good at it, then keep going at it. There really is no reward without the risk. But you gotta find ways to motivate yourself. Money alone shouldn't be the only motivation. Have something you're willing to work hard for.

For most people it's a girl, others it's to own a fancy house. Maybe you want to be independent and travel? The possibilities are endless, but you gotta push yourself harder than you could ever do. People who say arts degrees are useless are probably the ones who failed arts degrees. Focus on yourself before focusing on what others think of you. You can do it, bro. I believe in you.
>>
>>25639927
>i'm 22 and am finished with my a level

Is A levels a set subject load or do you get to choose (not brit)?

If so, what did you choose and what did you do well at?

>i'm really good at spending money on expensive designer shit
>i have the best taste in the world
if this is true, and you're attractive AND smart, get a job at a gallery. I had a friend who did purchasing and general artist organizing/promoting (no idea what that the job was called). She would invite me to openings and shit, but I was far too robot/spaghetti to do anything more than sit in a corner and drink free bubbly.
>>
File: 010916.png (1 MB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
010916.png
1 MB, 816x612
>>25638416
Nothing. Just buy lottery tickets.
>>
File: 2535159_waywt19912.jpg (73 KB, 373x560) Image search: [Google]
2535159_waywt19912.jpg
73 KB, 373x560
>>25640202
thanks anon

this is why i come here you guys are always so helpful and nice
>>25640302
>if this is true, and you're attractive AND smart, get a job at a gallery. I had a friend who did purchasing and general artist organizing/promoting (no idea what that the job was called). She would invite me to openings and shit, but I was far too robot/spaghetti to do anything more than sit in a corner and drink free bubbly.
i thought about this too. thank you for the motivational spark. i would love to work at a gallery. i can sell myself really well and since i am probably too lazy to design shit myself this might be the best way to make money for me
>>25640332
kek
>>
>>25640369
>i can sell myself really well
you have to be an ultimate people person with an amazing eye. I know she made good money (although dumped it all back into clothes and travel) but had to work hard/long hours

eventually the gallery/boutique closed and she moved onto store manager as a womens designer label shop front.
>>
File: 13482_l.jpg (190 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
13482_l.jpg
190 KB, 1000x662
>>25640420
>you have to be an ultimate people person with an amazing eye
i am. i can much better work with people and pretend i'm working than sit on a computer all day and actually do shit
>>
manual labor. its the only way to happiness
>>
>>25640466
nice dubs but no

i would never work with my hands that shit's for peasants
>>
>>25640450
you'll pretty much work out of the boutique/gallery. helping normies when they come in, trying to sell art/tickets to events.

the rest of the time you'd be on your iMac/MBP working out new installations etc or orders.

at least thats how her days went.
>>
>>25640569
sounds good imo i love promoting things i believe in

you don't know what the job terminology is called?
>>
>>25640598
can't find anything real (purveyor of fine arts), but i know she had a masters of industrial design and did quite a bit of haute couture and pret-a-porter modeling.
>>
>>25640781
hmm ok

anyways thanks a lot for your help man it meant a lot

have a nice day
>>
>>25638416
>I have no friends

>>25640450
>I am an ultimate people person

Very interesting, OP.
>>
>>25642418
OP here
I am good with people but i feel like i am better than my peers that's why i don't befriend them
>>
>>25642444

As much as I hate this meme:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

This is literally you.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.