[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies want to climb Mt.Everest? The majority of people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Mount_Everest_(topgold).jpg (691 KB, 1723x1723) Image search: [Google]
Mount_Everest_(topgold).jpg
691 KB, 1723x1723
Why do normies want to climb Mt.Everest? The majority of people dont even make the summit or die along the way. I just dont get it
>>
So they have something to talk about and shove in everyone's faces.

Normies are always trying to one up each other, it's always a competition.
>>
>>25629996
Maybe you win something at the top. Like a chance to talk to god or something.
>>
>>25630056

No, the only thing you win is a chance to brag.
>>
>>25629996
This.

I can understand why they want to do it. I might even consider climbing Everest one day. I'd probably start with smaller mountains to see what it's like first, though.
>>
>>25629996
Its a vanity contest with normies.
>70k trip to climb everest
>so commercialized nowadays
>sherpas do everything for you
>basically as long as you have permitting weather conditions you can go up in 1 day

its just a conversation piece and something to take a picture of.
>>
>>25630144
For that much money i rather take a really nice long trip somewhere exotic.
>>
>>25630097
I asked this question on reddit and got -20 downvotes. Lol i was legitimately curious
>>
>>25630254
>going on reddit

please die
>>
>most people die
Maybe this would be a good suicide. It'll just look like another Everest climbing accident. Thanks for the help anon.
>>
>tfw you will never climb mount everest on shorts and laugh at scrubs who need equipment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof
>>
File: uwryyyy.png (5 KB, 452x252) Image search: [Google]
uwryyyy.png
5 KB, 452x252
>>25630254
>reddit
>-20 downvotes
>lol
re
>>
>>25629979
Jesus you people are bitter. It's literally climbing to great heights. It's an accomplishment and tbqh, I am disappoint that none of you have lied about doing it yet on Facebook
>>
Let me guess, are you a woman? I wouldn't expect a woman to understand such accomplishments.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.