[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else here go to the movies alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Movies-Alone.jpg (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Movies-Alone.jpg
31 KB, 600x400
Does anyone else here go to the movies alone?
>>
I havent but many of my friends have and they said its cool. Just dont be akward about it
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 720x720
Yes why not? Best times 1st show on a Monday or tues
>>
I do. I enjoy it, especially late at night during the week, when no obnoxious teenagers are around. I even enjoy it more than going with my friends.
>>
>went to see the third Hobbit movie on New Year's Eve 2014
>I used to work at the theater so the manager still gives me free tickets
>sit in the exact center of all the seats, put my legs up on the seat in front
>the theater had recently been renovated so that all the seats were cozy leather recliners
>enjoy free skittles that my former coworker passed to me
>normies are all busy clubbing and getting wasted while I have a comfy theater all to myself

Movie was ok but the experience was 10/10
>>
File: 013-the-aviator-theredlist.jpg (22 KB, 564x317) Image search: [Google]
013-the-aviator-theredlist.jpg
22 KB, 564x317
when i was a NEET i used to go alone during the day, the theater was always virtually empty.
it was bretty gud
>>
>>25618125
I do all the time.

Why not?
>>
inb4 the le no singles policy maymay
>>
I'm breaking my creed of nt supporting theaters by seeing The Revenant tonight, I invited a couple of people but they had bullshit excuses. I genuinely don't mind, I can focus on the movie and sneak in a full meal without looking autistic to people I know.
>>
That's honestly the only time I like going to the movies. Most of the time my friends pick shitty movies to watch.
>>
>>25618637
>opting out to be alone on NYE
Not something I'd flaunt, but each to their own.
>>
>>25618735
That movie ducked go see 70 mil h8ful 8
>>
Hey if you're all alone or a third-wheel you've gotta do something with your time. It's not like you can contact your sisters all the time. They'll be like: older sis, you're supposed to be the cool one! Stop bugging us!
>>
>>25618125
I used it rarely 2 times a year. Shit its expensive
>>
>>25618217

heh telling robots to not be awkward
>>
File: 1384923391364.jpg (28 KB, 484x254) Image search: [Google]
1384923391364.jpg
28 KB, 484x254
>>25618125

It's the only way I ever go
>>
>>25618719
I do it too. I just wondered if anyone else felt uncomfortable doing. Sometimes just the question if I'm here alone from the cashier or seeing other people in groups deters me from going.
>>
>>25618125
Yes. I love to relax and do my own thing, untroubled by other people, not having to alter what I do to suit them. I can just sit there, in the quiet, undisturbed, and enjoy myself while eating some popcorn.

Going to the movies alone is fucking great.
>>
>>25618309
This dude gets it. Nothing like seeing a daytime showing and having an entire theater to yourself. Kick off your shoes, kick up your feet, sip your beer and laugh as loud and obnoxiously as you want.
>>
>>25618917
This
Also being able to laugh at completely inappropriate times and no one turning around or giving you wield looks.
>>
>>25618859
>Sometimes just the question if I'm here alone from the cashier or seeing other people in groups deters me from going
I get it. I mean, whenever I travel and go to restaurants and the hostess asks
>a table.. just for one?
in an awkward tone, it makes me uncomfortable for a moment. But then I realize that I'm not the problem, they are. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>25618637
This is correct, most cinema films are crap which is why I rarely go but the experience of that large screen that pans your vision, the comfy chairs regardless of the cinema, the gentle darkness of the room and the speakers which make the film seem like it's playing inside your head.
>tfw the film ends and you've felt like you've been in paralysis for a year
last film I've seen on the big screen was the hateful eight
Going with friends is literally pointless, you sit in a row next to each other and stare blankly at the screen, if you talk it's ruining the experience for everyone including yourself. I don't understand why going to the cinema is such a group oriented social outing
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.