[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /cantcookbutwantstolearn/ here? i'm lazy af familia,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: howtobread.png (1 MB, 899x725) Image search: [Google]
howtobread.png
1 MB, 899x725
who /cantcookbutwantstolearn/ here?
i'm lazy af familia, and i don't want to burn the house down
>>
>>25588171
How embarrassing
Original comment
>>
Cooking is just like chemistry but you're allowed to eat the chemicals and get to add your own personal spin on it. Try that shit in chemistry and you're fucking dead.
>>
cooking can be very rewarding
can be
>>
>>25588171
holy shit anon cooking is the best thing ever
>make self amazing food
>make cute grills amazing food
>respected by whole extended family for cooking skills
>people actually buy ingredients for me if i cook for them
>get to bail on family situations because food needs to be tended to

ask me questions anon and i'll do my best to assist. What do you wanna make? start simple and cheap.
>>
>>25588402
Lasagna ;-;
>>
Cooking is really easy and fun if you just follow some basic baselines.

>Pasta/rice/potato/etc
You can't really fuck this up, stick it in a boiling water for the amount of minutes package/internet tells you to

>Sauce
Brown sauce with water+flour+butter is easy after you get it right one time. I also just often use cream+something to give it taste as sauce. Fattening but everyone loves the taste.

>Meat
Don't put it on too much heat for too long, check if it is ready by cutting in half and inspecting. Pretty much got the basics.
>>
>>25588484
mate lasagna may seem simple but it has soo fucking many nuances. most Italian food is the same, easy to learn, hard as fuck to master.

>tfw spending all day hand making pasta
>>
>>25588523
Any meat dish, i might give it a try
>>
>>25588171
Best way to view cooking is to put on your autism hat and pretend you're doing chemistry.
>>
>>25588583
once you get to serious level cooking it is all chemistry anyway.
>>
>tfw you love cooking
>tfw you know how to cook almost anything and can make great food
>tfw no one appreciates my work and friends give me weird looks when I want to cook them food
just kill me
>>
I've been slowly figuring out cooking

Started with just whatever I could do in the microwave, which is actually pretty versatile. Breakfasts, pasta, anything I'm not worried about cooking perfectly

Now I'm roasting and baking stuff in the real oven, it's a little more challenging but you get different flavors. I can roast up some tasty meats safely in there

Maybe I will learn to cook on the stove top next it's just more involved and smokey

Anyway there's a shitload of free instructions online, find something you want to do and do it. Early on, buy extra ingredients so you can make some mistakes and not worry
>>
>>25588239
A chemist friend told me that when, historicaly, they mess around with new chemicals,sooner or later someone had to eat some of it. In order to fully understand its potentials.
>>
>>25589601
fuck yeah anon, thats perfect

good luck brother.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.