[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it safe to assume that by the events of Episode 7, the New
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1450392127098.jpg (46 KB, 447x539) Image search: [Google]
1450392127098.jpg
46 KB, 447x539
Is it safe to assume that by the events of Episode 7, the New Republic had already been declining for some time, with the First Order riding a general wave of discontent and uncertainty?

Seems like the Order was already on its way to being the most dominant political force in the galaxy, with the Republic maybe never actually taking off because its leaders were only any good at being resistance fighters, unable fill the power vacuum and return the old system to its former glory. They may have even intentionally tried to be less centralized so people wouldn't think they were forging yet another empire.

This would help explain why the Resistance was probably the only major force left opposing the Order, with secret backing by a waning, impotent and woefully disorganized Republic.

That was my impression anyway. Seems like the Republic went too soft on former Imperials and other renegade threats, while not being all that effective at governing themselves.

Without strong and decisive leadership, systems eventually started turning back to fascism.
>>
>>25587626
Sir, I like your thread. I will bump and bookmark to read it after i've seen the movie, sir.
>>
Nah its just that Jew Jew wanted another underground "rebel" faction to put all the old heroes back in
>>
>>25588296
well duh

good job stating the obvious.

how do you wnjoy movies?
>>
>>25588296
Jew Jew is honestly the worst thing to happen to sci fi
wish the spaceships in his films were real so someone could throw him out an airlock
>>
It's a kids show, mate. You're thinking way to deep into it.
>>
>>25588338
Not him, but I did not enjoy the star wars movie. Story and setting was lazy as can be.
>>
Still think the Yuuzhan Vong was better than this shit.
>>
I always thought that when Palpatine took over as emperor, he still kept the Senate intact so he could keep the planets under his control. The Senate still did their thing, but they had no real decision making power.

If that was the case, then all the rebellion did was give the power back to the Senate. And when they got their power back, it probably devolved into petty political squabbling.
>>
File: image.jpg (280 KB, 896x1151) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280 KB, 896x1151
>>25587626
Hard line, hard line after hard line
>>
>>25588363
Filtered. ;D
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.