[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw too afraid to drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 1411222904851.jpg (163 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1411222904851.jpg
163 KB, 1280x960
>tfw too afraid to drive
>>
JUST DO IT

MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE
>>
>>25581348
Don't let fear hold you back. Part of being a man is gritting your teeth and getting shit done. Now go out there, earn your drivers license, and sadistically run over some squirrels for me.
>>
File: excellentdriver.jpg (119 KB, 600x382) Image search: [Google]
excellentdriver.jpg
119 KB, 600x382
>TFW I'm an excellent driver
>TFW mother will not let me drive

Do any other fellow Robots share this feel? Also, Pic related is a very relatable film.
>>
>>25581348

I was afraid too until I read an anon here who wrote

"Driving is piss easy, just relax and don't break any rules"

So now I do that and tell myself I'm an amazing driver just for following the rules.

odds are if you hurt anyone, they were a normie anyway
>>
>>25581348
Just passed my driving test today. It was ridiculously easy you just need to practice before, obviously, and follow the rules like another anon said. Believe in yourself OP you'll be glad to have a license it's a nice feeling when they tell you you pass
>>
>>25581616
>drove without license for 3 years
>felt nothing when I passed
>>
>>25581348
>tfw have car
>tfw have money

i dont do anything but drive to and from class. i always cook up excuses as to why i can't hang out with my old friends. it feels fucking awesome
>>
I'm able to drive 60 with my knees on cruise and do 15 over passing cops and I still haven't got pulled over yet. I guess it pays to be white.
>>
I was too. Got someone to take me around a parking lot for a few hours until I got the hang of it.
>>
I used to be terrified of driving
no I don't care to such an extent that I intentionally swerve in traffic to upset other drivers
>>
I was like this until I got a hang of it.
once you get used to it get used to driving alone....
>>
>>>/wsg/894701

practice makes perfect. i too was afraid af to drive when i first started. now i really enjoy it
>>
File: 1442807208480.png (9 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1442807208480.png
9 KB, 645x773
>tfw I drive.
>>
>>25581348
Motorcycle come next week I am nervous too.
I guess the stress will pass after I get home with the bike from the dealership.
>>
>>25581421
Same here. I'm a wonderful driver. No tickets, no accidents (Caused by me. I had been sideswiped on the highway, scary as fuck btw), and not slow as hell. Once we went on a trip to SoCal when I was younger and my Dad let me drive. She cried in the backseat because she was so stressed out while everyone else chilled. When she drove we had multiple near accident situations caused by her, probably all life threatening. My Dad made her pull over and let him drive.

I still remember when he bought me a car which isn't what my parents wanted to do. When my sister started whining he literally said "He's the only one who's brain functions behind the wheel, he's the only one that deserves a nice car."
>>
File: 1386956773009.png (56 KB, 238x301) Image search: [Google]
1386956773009.png
56 KB, 238x301
>fell asleep at the wheel
>didn't crash and die
>>
>>25581348
I could probably manage it on a quiet road with ample room. But in the town where traffic is crammed into streets originally designed to take horse and carriages I think I might cause an accident.
>>
File: 1423426144904.png (2 MB, 1282x854) Image search: [Google]
1423426144904.png
2 MB, 1282x854
>>25583670
Happened to me once too. I sleep very little and go on long drives around the city and surrounding area. I enjoy it, but driving or riding in a car puts me to sleep. Obviously a bad combo.

Sometimes I'll drive in a daze. I'll be staring straight ahead and drive the road like normal, but it's like my brain is acting on autopilot. Probably because I've driven the same roads hundreds of times and it's always late at night when very few others are out. I've fallen asleep at the wheel once or twice at least but always woke up when the rough edge of the road jarred me awake.

Hoping I'll just get hit by a semi one of these days. Sometimes late at night they'll be driving at 80 or so and I get the urge to just turn the wheel and collide with one.
>>
>Want to learn to drive
>Even when I'm not behind the wheel the chaotic nature of the road scares me

Seriously there's twists and turns all over the goddamn place, people squeeze their death machines in to stupid small gaps while going fast, there's rain and pedestrians and driving at night and people overtaking you and driving too close behind you it's insane.
>>
>>25583725
>Risking other peoples lives for your desires.
>>
>>25583725
I just wish I didn't live in the middle of a desert and there was a big tree or something to crash into. I have family who drive trucks for a living, couldn't bring myself to pull out in front of one
>>
>>25584184
If I drove I think I would have a gf
>>
I REALLY want to learn to drive

But in order to learn anything, I need to practice it on my own. I just need someone to show me the basics and let me go off and practice on my own but that isn't really possible with driving unfortunately.

Having someone sit next to me for every lesson feels excruciating. I need to think and work things out myself.
>>
I was terrified at first, then I hopped in traffic and on my first time driving I drove to a store. Of course I fucked up alot, but meh.

The problem commonly seen in driving is not wanting to make mistakes on the road and have people question your mental, but you get over it.
>>
I seen chris chan driving and that was all my motivation. Like if he can do it, why the fuck cna't I.
>>
File: 1449178625308.png (137 KB, 526x436) Image search: [Google]
1449178625308.png
137 KB, 526x436
>>25581348
Me too. I'm 24 and still no license, never attempted to drive either.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.